- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Sexual Knowledge and Sexual Attitude and Parent Efficacy among Parents of Preschool Child
학령전기 자녀를 둔 부모 성지식, 성태도, 자녀 성교육에 대한 부모효능감의 융합적 비교
- Received : 2016.10.25
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study was done to identify sexual knowledge, sexual attitude, and parent efficacy among parents of preschool child. Participants were 70 couples, parents of preschool child. Data were analyzed using chi-square test, t-test, ANOVA. The difference in recognition and attitude about sexuality education for children among parents, person in charge of sexuality education for children(p=.043), parents' experience of sexuality education for their children(p=.043), the number of communication about sexuality with their children(p=.019), the source of information about sexuality(p=.024) showed significant difference. Sexual knowledge(p=.018) and sexual attitude(p=.006) showed meaningful difference. As a result of this study, it is necessary to develop and conduct differentiated education programs when teaching parents about sexuality education for their children in preschool period, considering these characteristics.
Sex education;Parent;Preschool child;efficacy;Sexual knowledge;Sexual attitude
- http://www.mogef.go.kr/korea/view/news/news03_01.jsp?func=view& currentPage=2&key_type=content&key=성범죄&search_start_date=&search_end_date= &class_id=0&idx=642140
- E. H. Kim, J, O. Park, & H. A. Lee, "A study on disclosure of child sexual abuse", Journal of Korean Association of Victimology, Vol. 19, pp. 131-154, 2011.
- J. E. Kim, H. J. Kim, & H. S. Hong, ".Relationship between characteristic in abuse, self-blame and post-traumatic stress symptoms in sexually abused children", J Korean Soc Matern Child Health, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 243-254, 2015. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2015.19.2.243
- K. Christopher, & C. J. Lutz-Zois, A. Reinhardt, "Female sexual-offenders: Personality pathology as a mediator of the relationship between childhood sexual abuse history and sexual abuse perpetration against others", Child Abuse & Neglect, Vol. 31, pp. 871-883, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2007.02.006
- J. H. Gang, & S. N. Kim, "An effectiveness analysis of remedial program against sexual offenders", Journal of Welfare for The Correction, Vol. 35, pp. 71-105, 2014.
- G. S. Shin, & S. H. Jo, (2009, August). A Qualitative study on the psychological and social characteristics of juvenile sexual offenders. Paper presented at the meeting of the Annual Conference of Korean Psychology Association, Seoul.
- B. S. Hong, & M. A. Nam, "Effects of exposure to internet phonography on sexual assault and prostitution of adolescents", Journal Korean society of child welfare, Vol. 40, pp. 9-39, 2012.
- E. K. Lee, "The development and effects analysis of a sexuality education program for parents with children in early childhood." Unpublished Master's thesis, Korea National Open University, Seoul. 2014.
- K. Y. Lee, & S. H. Song, "Influencing factors on sexual knowledge among elementary, middle, and high school students", J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 406-416, 2016.
- H. S. Jin, & H. R. Park, "Sexual knowledge education among parents of first and second elementary school graders", Journal and perception and current status of sex of Korean Academy Child Health Nursing, Vol. 17, pp. 198-205, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2011.17.3.198
- S. H. Guem, M. H. Kim, & I. S. Kang, "Research on sex education of young children's mothers", Korean Parent-Child Health Journal, Vol. 8, pp. 49-63, 2005.
- E. M. Lee, & Y. R. Kweon, "Effects of a Maternal Sexuality Education Program for Preschoolers", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 43, pp. 370-378, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.3.370
- I. S. Choi, & J. I. Kim, "The effects of sexual violence myths, interpersonal violence acceptance and sex role related attitudes on aggressive sexual behavior", The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 277-300, 2015.
- K. S. Lee, Y. H. Hoe, & S. W. Park, "The effect of gender and age on the perception of sexual violence", Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 65-81, 2015.
- E. C. Gallegos, A. M. Villarruel, M. V. Gómez, D. J. Onofre, & Y. Zhou, "Research brief: sexual communication and knowledge among Mexican parents and their adolescent children", J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 28-34, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jana.2007.01.007
- L. Zhang, X. Li, I. H, Shah, W. Baldwin. & B. Stanton, "Parent-adolescent sex communication in China", Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 138-47, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/13625180701300293
- R. A. Crosby, A. Hanson, & K. Rager, "The protective value of parental sex education: A clinic-based exploratory study of adolescent females." Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Vol. 22, pp. 189-192, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2008.08.006
- K. L. Eastman, R. Corona, & M. A. Schuster, "Talking parents, healthy teens: A worksite-based program for parents to promote adolescent sexual health", Preventing Chronic Disease, Vol. 3, pp. 126-136, 2006.
- J. S. Eum, "Effects of a parent-involvement sex education program for high primary-school graders", Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, Vol. 18, pp. 143-153, 2004.
- U. S. Kim, "Effects of parent sexuality program for low primary-school child", Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul. 2008.
- J. D. Klein, P. Sabaratnam, B. Pazos, M. M. Auerbach, C. G. Havens, & M. J. Brach, "Evaluation of the parents as primary sexuality educators program", Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol. 37, pp. 94-99, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2005.01.011
- S. R. Park, "The effect analysis of parents sex education program to puberty", Unpublished Master's thesis, Dong-Eui University, Busan. 2009.
- M. A. Schuster, R. Corona, M. N. Elliott, D. E. Kanouse, K. L. Eastman, A. J. Zhou, & D. J. Klein, "Evaluation of Talking Parents, Healthy Teens, a new worksite based parenting programme to promote parent-adolescent communication about sexual health: randomized controlled tria", British Medical Journal, Vol. 337, pp. 308-316, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39609.657581.25
- M. S. Choi, & N. S. Ha, "A study on knowledge, attitude and experience in sex and sexual autonomy of college students", Korean Journal Women Health Nursing, Vol. 10, pp. 318-330, 2004.
- M. S. Jeon, "The study about attitude and activity of sex role of parents with infancy child", Unpublished Master's thesis, Kyungnam University, Changwon. 2008.
- J. W. Lee, W. S. Lim, & K. E. Kim, "Parental efficacy, marriage satisfaction, social support and neighborhood context as predictors of parent involvement in low income preschoo", children's education. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 761-774, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.5.761
- M. W. Kim, & M. J. Kang, "The effects of double Income couples' gender role attitudes and recognition of social support on parenting stress", Family and Environment Research, Vol. 49, No. 8, pp. 25-35, 2011.
- G. S. Yoo, & S. H. Kang, "A study on sexual knowledge according to sex and sexual intercourse among college students", Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 101-118, 2010.
- I. J. Jang, H. S. Son, & Lee, E. J, "Attitudes and associated factors of parent of kindergarten child", Inje Medical Journal, Vol. 23, pp. 513-520, 2002.
- S. M. Lee, & J. M. Jang, "A study an parent efficacy and child rearing knowledge of parents in pregnancy", Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 251-273, 2009.