- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study on Remineralization Effect of fTCP and CPP-ACP using QLF-D
QLF-D를 이용한 fTCP와 CPP-ACP의 재광화 효과에 관한 융합 연구
- Received : 2016.11.20
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
This study was to evaluate the change of mineral loss of fTCP and CPP-ACP in artificial caries lesions using QLF-D to compare the remineralization effect of recently developed fTCP and CPP-ACP, which is widely used as a remineralization cream in current dental clinics. Bovine specimens used in this study formed the artificial caries lesion immersing in demineralization solution for 10 days and were divided randomly into the following two groups; Group 1- Tooth Mousse containing 10% CPP-ACP, Group 2- Clinpro Tooth Creme containing 950ppm NaF and fTCP. Two tooth paste were applied to the artificial caries lesion of specimens and they were immersed in artificial saliva for 1 week. Mineral loss of artificial caries lesion was evaluated by fluorescence loss (
CPP-ACP;fTCP;remineralization;artificial caries lesion;QLF-D
- Lussi A, Hibst R, Paulus R, "DIAGNOdent: an optical method for caries detection", J Dent Res, Vol. suppl, No. 1, pp. 80-83, 2004.
- Thylstrup A, Fejerskov O, "Textbook of clinical cariology", 2nd ed. Copenhagen: Munksgaard, 1994.
- S.Y. Lee, S.R. Lim, Y.S. Cho, "Remineralisation Effect of Fluoride on Early Caries Lesions using a Quantitative Light-Induced Fluorescence -Digital (QLF-D)", Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 8, No. S1, pp. 457-461, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS1/71709
- Y.S. Kim, J.H. Min, Y.S. Kim, S.J. Hong, H.K. Kwon, B.I. Kim, "The effect of nano-sized carbonate apatite on remineralization of artificial caries-like lesions", Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 40-50, 2009.
- J.S. Kang, N.Y. Lee, S.H. Lee, "Remineralization effects by APF gel and CPP-ACP paste on incipient artificial caries of enamel", The Korean Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 684-691, 2008.
- Kirkegaard E, "In vitro fluoride uptake in human dental enamel from various fluoride solutions", Caries Research, Vol. 11, pp. 16-23, 1997.
- Ten Cate JM, "In vitro studies on the effects of fluoride on de- and remineralization", Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 69, No. 614-619, pp. 634-636, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345900690S123
- Reynolds EC, "Casein phosphopeptide- amorphous calcium phosphate: the scientific evidence", Advances Dental Research, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 25-29, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/0895937409335619
- Walker G, Cai F, Shen P, Reynolds C, Ward B, Fone C, et al., "Increased remineralization of tooth enamel by milk containing added casein phosphopeptidemorphous calcium phosphate", The Journal of Dairy Research, Vol. 73, No. 1, pp. 74-78, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022029905001482
- Reynolds EC, Cai F, Shen P, Walker GD. "Retention in plaque and remineralization of enamel lesions by various forms of calcium in a mouthrinse or sugar-free chewing gum", Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 82, No. 3, pp. 206-211, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/154405910308200311
- Manton DJ, Walker GD, Cai F, Cochrane NJ, Shen P, Reynolds EC, "Remineralization of enamel subsurface lesions in situ by the use of three commercially available sugar-free gums", International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 284-290, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-263X.2008.00920.x
- Ji Won Hwang, "Comparison of the remineralization effect bewteen CPP-ACP paste and fluoride varnishes by using pH cycling model", Master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2007.
- Karlinsey RL, Mackey AC, Walker ER et al. "Surfactant- modified beta-TCP: structure, properties, and in vitro remineralization of subsurface enamel lesions", Journal of Materials Science. Materials in Medicine, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 2009-2020, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10856-010-4064-y
- Karlinsey RL, Pfarrer AM, "Fluoride plus functionalized b-TCP: a promising combination for robust remineralization", Advances Dental Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 48-52, 2012.
- Mithra N Hegde, Darshana Devadiga, Prince A Jemsily. "Comparative evaluation of effect of acidic beverage on enamel surface pre-treated with various remineralizing agents: an in vitro study", Journal of Conservative Dentistry, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 351-356, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-0707.101902
- Steven J. Naoum, Andrea Lenard, F. Elizabeth Martin, and Ayman Ellakwa "Enhancing fluoride mediated dentin sensitivity relief through functionalized tricalcium phosphate activity", International Scholarly Research Notices, Vol. 2015, pp. 1-9, 2015.
- Stookey GK, "Quantitative light fluorescence: a technology for early monitoring of the caries process", Dental Clinics of North America, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 753-770, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cden.2005.05.009
- Angmar-Maansson B, ten Bosch JJ, "Quantitative light-induced fluorescence (QLF): a method for assessment of incipient caries lesions", Dento maxillo facial Radiology, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 298-307, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.dmfr.4600644
- Maki Oshiro, Kanako Yamaguchi, Toshiki TaKamizawa, HirohikoInage "Effect of CPP- ACP paste on tooth mineralization :an FE-SEM study", Journal of Oral Science. Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 115-120, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2334/josnusd.49.115
- Kanako Yamaguchi, masashiMiyazaki, Toshiki Takamizawa, Hirohiko Inage, B. keith Moore " Effect of CPP-ACP paste on mechenical properties of bovine enamels determined by an ultrasonic device", Journal of Dentistry, Vol. 34, pp. 230-236, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2005.06.005
- Shen P, Cai F, Nowicki A, Vincent J, Reynolds EC, "Remineralization of enamel subsurface lesions by sugar-free chewing gum containing casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate", Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 80, No. 12, pp. 2066-2070, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345010800120801
- Iijima Y, Cai F, Shen P, Walker G, Reynolds C, Reynolds EC, "Acid resistance of enamel subsurface lesions remineralized by a sugar-free chewing gum containing casein phosphopeptide- amorphous calcium phosphate", Caries Research, Vol. 38, pp. 551-556, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1159/000080585
- Cai F, Shen P, Morgan MV, Reynolds EC, "Remineralization of enamel subsurface lesions in situ by sugar-free lozenges containing casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate", Australian Dental Journal, Vol. 48, pp. 240-243, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2003.tb00037.x
- Somkamol Vanichvatana, Prim Auychai, "Efficacy of two calcium phosphate pastes on the remineralization of artificial caries: a randomized controlled double-blind in situ", International Journal of Oral Science, Vol. 5, pp. 224-228, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1038/ijos.2013.67
- Hee-Eun Kim, "Quantitative Light-Induced Fluorescence: A Potential Tool for Dental Hygiene Process", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 115-124, 2013.
- Ando M, van der Veen MH, Schemehorn BR, Stookey GK, "Comparative study to quantify demineralized enamel in deciduous and permanent teeth using laser- and light-induced fluorescence techniques", Caries Research, Vol. 35, pp. 464-470, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1159/000047491
- Gmüur R, Giertsen E, van der Veen MH, de Josselin de Jong E, ten Cate JM, Guggenheim B, "In vitro quantitative light-induced fluorescence to measure changes in enamel mineralization", Clinical Oral Investigations, Vol. 10, pp. 187-195, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-006-0058-z