- Volume 7 Issue 6
This study is a nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design to verify the effect of music listening on convergent job stress of experimental group of 40 who are listening to music 10 times and control group of 40 who are taking a rest in fire-fighters. Homogeneity test and distribution of high risk and low risk were analyzed using Chi-test and the effect of listening to music on job stress was analyzed using t-test with SPSS 22.0 program. The experimental group showed a decreased job stress more significantly than the control group. Therefore, job stress intervention program should be developed and practical and systematical approach to reduce the job stress using music listening aggressively should be prepared in the future based on this study's result.
Fire-fighter;Job stress;Music listening;Korean Occupational Stress Scale Short Form:KOSS-SF;Intervention;Convergent
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security, Fire Administrative data and statistics, 2015.
- J. Chae & S. C. Woo & G. B. Ko. "An Analysis of Factors Affecting the Job Stress of Firefighters", J. Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 28-34, 2012.
- Y. S. Moon, "The Level and Job-related Provoking Factors of Firefighters' Stress", The Korean Journal of Local Government Studies, Vol. 15 No. 1, pp. 119-141. 2011.
- S. K. Lee & Y. K. Lee, "Empirical Study on the Causes and Result of Job Stress Among Firefighters: Focusing on Job Characteristics, Role Confusion, Relationships with Co-Workers and Organizational Commitment", J. Korean. Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp, 75. 2007.
- Y. J. Kim, "Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014.
- B. M. Bang & S. Y. Lee & J. O. Cheong, "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 205-213, 2015.
- M. S. Yoon & S. H. Kim, "Mediating Effects of Depression and Social Support between the Relationship Job Stress and Quality of Life among Firefighters", Korea Academy Of Mental Health Social Work, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 5-34, 2014.
- S. K. Lee, "Influences of Music Listening versus Rhythm Playing Intervention on Stress and Anxiety of Workers", Korean Journal of Music Therapy, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 54-73. 2005.
- A. R. Choi, "The effect of listening to music with lyrics on the mood state of workers", Master dissertation, Sookmyung Women's university, 2012.
- M. Y. Park, "The effect of group art therapy in the job stress and depression of fire fighters", Hanyang University, Master dissertation, 2012.
- G. S. Shim, "Effects of Short-Term Music Therapy in Fire Fighters with Post-Traumatic Stress Risk", Master dissertation, Wonkwang University, 2014.
- S. J. Chang, "Measurement and evaluation of the occupational Stress", Korean industrial hygiene association journal, Vol. 229, pp. 17-21, 2007.
- K. R. Kim, "Effect of music therapy on the decrease of attention deficit hyperactivity of middle school girl students", Master dissertation, Hannam University, 2013.
- E. J. SEO, "The Effect of Music Therapy on the Job Stress and Anxiety of the Clinical Nurse", Master dissertation, Soonchunhyang University .2010.
- E. K. Lee & J. H. Park, "Converged Study of Influencing Factors on Occupational Stress in Workers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol 7, No. 3, pp.15-24, 2016.
- J. A. Han & M. J. Kim, "The Convergence Study of Interpersonal Caring Behaviors on Anger, Job Stress and Social Support in Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 3, pp. 87-98, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.087
- Y. M. Cho & M. S. Choi, "Effect of clinical nurses's basic psychological need, self-leadership and job stress on nursing performance', Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 343-353, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.343
- J. S. Kim, "The design and development of healing depression convergence content using movement of thought, HMD, leap motion, color and music therapy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 3, pp. 45-51, 2016.
Supported by : 한국교통대학교