- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Stress and Self-esteem on Depression in Middle-aged Women and Middle-aged Men
중년여성과 중년남성의 스트레스와 자아존중감이 우울에 미치는 영향
- Jo, Nam-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Seong, Chun-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Phohang University)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
The purposes of this study was to identify the significant predictors of depression. The data were collected using questionnaire from the sample of 114 middle-aged women and 125 middle-aged men. The data were collected through self-report questionnaires, which were constructed to include stress, self-esteem, and depression. Data were analyzed using frequencies, means,
- Korea S. Population projections for Korea (2010-20160). Retrieved to http://Kostat.go.kr. 2011.
- K. S. Kim, "Subjectivity of Hope among Korean Middle-Aged Adults", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 629-638, 2013.
- H. J. Um, H. J. Jun, "Predictive Factors for Mid-aged Male and Female Adults' Suicidal Ideation", Mental Health & Social Work. Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 35-62, 2014.
- World Health O. "Pharmacological treatment of mental disorders in primary health care", Geneva: World Health, Organization. 2009.
- Murray CJL, Lopez AD, Harvard School of Public H, World Health O, World B. "The global burden of disease", [Cambridge, Mass.]: Published by the Harvard School of Public Health on behalf of the World Health Organization and the World Bank, 1996.
- E. U. Kim, E. Y. Jung, I. R. Choi, "Factors Influencing Depression in Middle Aged Women Who Participated in Vocational Education Program", The Korean journal of stress research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 11-19, 2012.
- M. J. Park, "Influencing Factors on Depression of Middle-Aged Men", Graduate School of Seonam University, 2013.
- H. K. Kim, "Comparison of Physical, Psychosocial and Cognitive Factors, and Depression between Middle-aged Women and Middle-aged Men", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 18 No. 3, pp. 446-456, 2016.
- D. M. Kim, "The Structural Relationships among Life Event Stress, Self-Esteem, Depression, and Suicidal Ideation : A Comparison of Working Women and Full Housewives", Korean Education Inquiry, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 113-131, 2014.
- M. O. Kim, & K. S. Kim, "Effects of Marital Intimacy, Self-efficacy, and Psychological Sense of Crisis on the Depression of Middle-Aged Men", Journal of Wellness, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 165-174, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21097/ksw.2016.02.11.1.165
- H. J. Park, "The Influence of Self-Esteem on Depression among the Middle-aged women The Mediating Effect of Family-Life Satisfaction", Journal of Wellness, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 151-161, 2015.
- K. N. An, M. S. Kim, D. G. Kim, Y. S. Suh, & D. H. Kim, "Depression and Its Relationship between Self-Esteem, Social Support and Stress in Middle-Aged Men", Korean Journal of Clinical Geriatrics, Vol. 13. Vol. 4, pp.181-188, 2012.
- C. K. Park, & J. R. Lee, "Analysis of Factors Affecting the Change of Depression of Korean Adult Male and Female", Health and Social Science, Vol. 29, pp. 99-128, 2011.
- T. Y. Lee, & S. M. Choi, "Convergence Study for Relationship Between Cholesterol Level on Serum and Depression in Korean Adults, The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 269-276, 2015.
- J. E. Lee, M. K. Lee, "The Effects of Self-Complexity and Self-Efficacy on Depression and Perceived Stress", The Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 2005, No. 1, pp. 422-423, 2005.
- B. S. Jeong, "The Impact of Rural Women's Leisure Activities upon Self-esteemed Feeling and Living Quality", Graduate School of Chung-Ang University, 2007.
- O. H. Song, "A STUDY OF THE SELF-RATING DEPRESSION SCALE (SDS) ON PSYCHIATRIC OUT-CLNIC PATIENTS", The Korean Neuropsychiatric association, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.84-94, 1977.
- World Health O., "Mental disorders", Retrieved July 1, 2015. from: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs396/en/. 2014.
- Korea Statistics. "Experience rate about depression symptom from 2008 to 2013", 2015.
- S. K. Kahng, & T. Y. Kwon, "An Exploratory Study on the Effects of Socioeconomic Status on Depressive Symptoms Across Lifespan", Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 30, pp. 332-355, 2008.
- M. R. Lee, "Relationship between Occupational Stress and Depression of Construction Workers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 279-288, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.3.279
- E. Lee, "Family Stress, Somatization, Social Support and Depression among Middle-aged Workers", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing. Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 224-234, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2015.24.3.224
- D. M. Kim, "The Structural Relationships among Life Event Stress, Self-Esteem, Depression, and Suicidal Ideation : A Comparison of Working Women and Full Housewives", Korean Education Inquiry, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.113-131, 2014.
- M. L. Kim, & D. H. Lee, "Difference in Health Promoting Behaviors and Happiness among Middle- aged Women According to their Regular Excercise Participation and Perception of Health Condition", The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 53, No.2, pp.175-186, 2014.
- Association between Health-related Characteristics of the Middle-aged between Men and Women, and Oral Health-related Characteristics on Depressive Symptoms (PHQ-9) vol.11, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2017.11.4.179