- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Convergence Influence of Emotional Labor of clinical dental hygienist working on Job stress. -Focused on Mediating Effects of Self Esteem-
임상치과위생사의 감정노동이 직무스트레스에 미치는 융합적 영향 -자아존중감의 매개효과를 중심으로-
- Hwang, Da?Hae (Department of Dental Hygiene, Andong Science College) ;
- Eom, Suk (Young San University)
- Received : 2016.09.26
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
The study, was conducted to become conscious of the impact of emotional labour on dental hygienists' self-esteem with job stress. Participants were 205 dental hygienist's in the dental clinic. Data were gathered from Jan 3 to Jan 30, 2016, using structured questionnaires. The analysis shows that there was a negative correlation with self-esteem in emotional labour, however, positive correlation was presented in employment stress. It also appears to have no relationship between self-esteem and job stress. Therefore, emotional labour has a direct effect on increasing job stress and lowers self-esteem. The lowered self-esteem simultaneously has an indirect effect on increasing job stress. The measures to counter the problems of emotional labour of dental hygienist and education considering dental hygenist's self-esteem should be accomplished place to maintain the level of emotional labour and the clinic's determination to rectify the issues are essential.
- S. Y. Lee, B. C. Yu "Relationship between occupational stress and work-related factors in dental hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 553-562, 2011.
- E. J. Park, "A study on job satisfaction and job stress of dental hygienists', Master's Degree Thesis Graduate School of Occupational Health Chonbuk National University
- J. H. Kim, N. R. Oh, M. A. Jeong "A factor analysis on job stress level in dental hygienists", Jounrnal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 3 pp. 1220-1228, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.3.1220
- M. W. Shin, "Job satisfaction and fatigue consciousness of dental hygienists working in dental clinics and hospitals", Master's Degree Thesis Graduate School of Health & Bio Industry Chungnam National University, 2006.
- G. W. Jang, G. R Lee, "A study on the job satisfaction of the dental hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 6, pp. 35-39, 2006.
- H. J. Choi, H. J. Bang, E. Y. Chung, Y. J. Seo, "Factors that the level of emotional labor in dental hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 14, No.3, pp. 295-301, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2014.14.3.295
- J. M. Gerge, "The role of personality in oranizational life: issue and evidencd", Journal of Occupational Medicine, Vol. 18, pp. 185-213, 1992.
- A. R. Hochschild, "Emotional Work, Feeling rules and social structure", American journal of sociology, Vol. 85, No. 3, pp. 551-575, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1086/227049
- J. A. Morris, D. C. Feldman, "The dimension, antecedents and consequences of emotional labo", Academy of management review, Vol. 21, pp, 986-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9704071861
- Y. J. Oh, Y. H. Choi, "Effects of emotional labor, job stress and burnout on somatization in nurses : In convergence era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 415-424, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.415
- E. Y. Yu, "Self-Esteem and stress-coping strategies the college students in the department of public health", Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 225-236, 2009.
- M. Rosenberg,, L. I. Pearlin, "Social class and sdlf-esteem among children and adults" American Journal of sociology, Vol. 84, pp. 53-77, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1086/226740
- W. R. Avision, I. H. Gotlib, "Stress and mental health: contemporary issues and prospects for the future." 3rd ed. New York: Plenum press, pp. 153-168, 1994.
- H. R. Jung, A, R. Son, Y. J. Yun, et al, "Study on self-development needs, job satisfaction, self-efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist" Journal of Korea Convergence Socity, Vol. 6. No. 6, pp. 231-239, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- Y. N. Nam, S. U. Yoon, "Health promotion behavior of some local dental hygienist convergence impact on emotional labor, quality of life, job satisfaction", Journal of Korea Convergence Socity, Vol. 7. No. 3, pp. 25-33, 2016.
- M. S. Choi, D. H, Ji, "The comparative a study on change in job satisfaction and turnover intention according to the convergence mediating factors and the level of emotional labor in dental hygienists", Journal of Korea Convergence Socity, Vol. 6. No. 6, pp. 27-34, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.027
- J. H. Lee, "An Exploration of the relations with emotional labor of childcare teachers, individual, and organizational emotional-values, job satisfaciton, burnout", Doctoral Degree Thesis Graduate School of Ewha Womans University, 2007.
- B. M. Seo, M, J, Park, "Factors Affecting Clinical Competence among Nursing Student", Journal of Korea Health Service Managment, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 149-161, 2014.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D, M. Kang, S. A. Kim, M. G. Kang, S. K. Lee, et al, "Developing and occupational stress scale for Korean Employees", Journal of Korea Occupational Environmental Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- S. U. Yoon, J. S. Kim, "Relations between emotional labor and job stress among some dental hygienists", Journal of Korea Society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 179-188, 2011.
- S. H. Hong, S. M. Park, E. G. Lee, et al, "The study of nurses emotional labor, self-esteem and attitude", The chung-ang Journal of Nursing, Vol. 12, pp. 41-54, 2008.
- M. M. Park, S. J. Han, "Relations of job satisfaction with emotional labor, job stress, and personal resources in home healthcare nurses", Journal of Korea Acad Community Health Nurs Vol. 24, pp. 51-61, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.51
- J. H. Choi, J. S. Choi, "Effect of Mediating variable on the Relationship between job stress and stress response among clinical dental hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 114-122, 2014.