- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Data Driven Index for Convergence Sensor Networks
융합 센서 네트워크를 위한 데이터 기반 색인
- Park, Jeong-Seok (Dept. of Medical IT Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation)
- 박정석 (한국교통대학교 의료IT공학과)
- Received : 2016.10.21
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
Wireless sensor networks (WSN) can be more reliable and easier to program and use with the help of sensor database management systems (SDMS). SDMS establish a user-friendly SQL-based interface to process declarative user-defined queries over sensor readings from WSN. Typical queries in SDMS are ad-hoc snapshot queries and long-running, continuous queries. In SDMSs queries are flooded to all nodes in the sensor net, and query results are sent back from nodes that have qualified results to a base station. For query flooding to all nodes, and result flooding to the base station, a lot of communication energy consuming is required. This paper suggests an efficient in-network index solution, named Distributed Information Gathering (DIG) to process range queries in a sensor net environment that can save energy by reducing query and result flooding.
Supported by : Korea National University of Transportation
- P. Bonnet, J. Gehrke, and P. Seshadri, "Towards sensor database systems", MDM, pp. 3-14, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- S. R. Madden, M. J. Franklin, J. M. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, "Tinydb: an acquisitional query processing system for sensor networks", ACM Trans. Database Syst., Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 122-173, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1061318.1061322
- S. Madden, M. J. Franklin, J. M. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, "Tag: a tiny aggregation service for ad-hoc sensor networks", ACM SIGOPS, Vol. 36, Issue SI, pp. 131-146, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1145/844128.844142
- M. Sharifzadeh and C. Shahabi, "Supporting spatial aggregation in sensor network databases," in ACM GIS, pp. 166-175, 2004.
- J. Hellerstein and W.Wang, "Optimization of in-network reduction", VLDB-Workshop DMSN, pp. 166-175, 2004.
- A. Jain, E. Y. Chang, and Y.-F. Wang, "Adaptive stream resource management using Kalman filters", ACM SIGMOD, pp. 11-22, 2004.
- A. Silberstein, R. Braynard, and J. Yang, "Constraint chaining: on energy-efficient continuous monitoring in sensor networks", SIGMOD '06: Proceedings of the 2006 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 157-168, ACM Press, 2006.
- A. Deligiannakis, Y. Kotidis, and N. Roussopoulos, "Compressing historical information in sensor networks", in ACM SIGMOD, pp. 527-538, 2004.
- C. Guestrin, P. Bodik, R. Thibaux, M. A. Paskin, and S. Madden, "Distributed regression: an efficient framework for modeling sensor network data.", IPSN, pp. 1-10, 2004.
- N. Trigoni, Y. Yao, A. J. Demers, J. Gehrke, and R. Rajaraman, "Multi-query optimization for sensor networks", DCOSS (V. K. Prasanna, S. S. Iyengar, P. G. Spirakis, and M. Welsh, eds.), vol. 3560 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 307-321, Springer, 2005.
- N. Trigoni, Y. Yao, A. J. Demers, J. Gehrke, and R. Rajaraman, "Multi-query optimization for sensor networks", In TR2005-1989, Cornell University, 2005.
- X. Li, Y.-J. Kim, R. Govindan, and W. Hong, "Multi-dimensional range queries in sensor networks", in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SenSys 2003, Los Angeles, California, USA, November 5-7, 2003, pp. 63-75, 2003.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, "Directed diffusion for wireless sensor networks", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 11, 2003.
- A. Woo, T. Tong, and D. E. Culler, "Taming the underlying challenges of reliable multihop routing in sensor networks", in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SenSys 2003, Los Angeles, California, USA, November 5-7, 2003, pp. 14-27, 2003.
- TinyOS, "http://www.tinyos.net"
- Hae-Won Choi, Hyunsung Kim, "Impersonation Attacks on Anonymous User Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 287-293, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.10.287
- Bong-Hi Shin, Hye-Kyoung Jeon, Kyung-Yong Chung, "An Energy Efficient Clustering Method Based on ANTCLUST in Sensor Network", Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 371-378, Feb. 2012.
- Yong-Tae Kim, Yoon-Su Jeong, "Optimization Routing Protocol based on the Location, and Distance information of Sensor Modes", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 127-133, Feb. 2015.