- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An investigation Study of Electromagnetic Compatibility for Power Module
전원모듈의 전자파 적합성(EMC) 특성 분석
- Chae, Gyoo-Soo (Division of Information Communication Eng., Baekseok University)
- 채규수 (백석대학교 정보통신학부)
- Received : 2016.11.02
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
In this study, an investigation study on EMC(Electromagnetic Compatibility) is presented for power converter circuit. A DC-DC power converter circuit using LT3652 chip is designed and fabricated. The simulation results using ANSYS SIwave for far field radiation and unwanted emissions are presented. To minimize the unwanted emissions, we design a optimized circuit by using capacitors and ground posts. The conducted and radiation emissions are measured in the EMC test chamber based on standardized testing procedures of CISPR 22. The measured EMI emission values for a power converter circuit are presented and compared with the original circuit. The results show that the unwanted emissions from the circuit are tremendously diminished due to the applied EMI reduction techniques. The results proposed here can be usefully applied on designing power converter modules.
Supported by : 백석대학교
- Paul, C. Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, John Wiley & Sons, 1992.
- L. Premalatha, T. A. Raghavendiran, C. Ravichandran, "Experimental Study on Conducted EMI Mitigation in SMPS using a Novel Spread Spectrum Technique," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, Issue 4, pp. 619-625, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.4.619
- J. Jia, D. Rinas, and S. Frei, "Prediction of radiated fields from cable bundles based on current distribution measurements," International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC EUROPE 2012), pp. 1-7, September 2012.
- S. Igarashi, S. Takizawa, K. Kuroki, T. Shimizu, "Analysis and reduction of radiated EMI noise from converter systems," Electrical Engineering in Japan. Vol. 130, Issue 1, pp. 106-117, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6416(200001)130:1<106::AID-EEJ13>3.0.CO;2-3
- G. Braglia, A. Duffy and S. Barmada, "Simulation Validation of Experimental Tests for Automotive System EMC Developmental Tests," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 31, Issue 9, pp. 1028-1034, 2016.
- Benson Wei, Steven G. Pytel Jr., "New Integrated Workflow for EMI Simulation," Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility(APEMC), Taipei, 26-29 May 2015. DOI: 10.1109/APEMC.2015.7175276 APEMC 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/APEMC.2015.7175276
- M. R. Barzegaran, A. Nejadpak, O. A. Mohammed, "Physics-Based Modeling of Power Converter Drive System for Evaluation of Electromagnetic Compatibility," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal. Vol. 30, Issue 6, pp. 660-669, 2015.
- D. Rinas, J. Jia, A. Zeichner, and S. Frei, "Substituting EMC emission measurement by field and cable scan method using measured transfer function," Advances in Radio Science, vol. 11, pp. 183-188, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.5194/ars-11-183-2013
- A. Nejadpak and O. A. Mohammed, "Physics based modeling of power converters from finite element electromagnetic field computations," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 567-576, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2206046
- N. Mutoh, J. Nakashima, and M. Kanesaki, "Multilayer power printed structures suitable for controlling EMI noises generated in power converters," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1085-1094, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2003.819674
- M. Olofsson, "Low frequency EMC and power quality," In Compliance Mag., pp. 34-41, Apr. 2012.
- S. Braun, A. Frech, P. Russer, "Measurement of electromagnetic interference in time-domain, Advances in Radio Science, Vol. 6, pp. 311-313, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5194/ars-6-311-2008
- Tasuku Takagi, "Research and development on EMC/EMI measurements and technologies in Japan," Electronics & Communications in Japan, Part 1: Communications, Vol. 82, Issue 11, pp. 83-92, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6424(199911)82:11<83::AID-ECJA9>3.0.CO;2-N
- International Electrotechnical Commission, CISPR 22 (C)IEC: 2005(E)
- Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power, LT3652 data sheet, Linear Technology, 2010.