- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study of Monitoring and Operation for PEM Water Electrolysis and PEM Fuel Cell Through the Convergence of IoT in Smart Energy Campus Microgrid
스마트에너지캠퍼스 마이크로그리드에서 사물인터넷 융합 PEM 전기분해와 PEM 연료전지 모니터링 및 운영 연구
- Chang, Hui Il (Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Gwangju University) ;
- Thapa, Prakash (Department of Electronics Engineering, Mokpo National University)
- Received : 2016.11.01
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
In this paper we are trying to explain the effect of temperature on polymer membrane exchange water electrolysis (PEMWE) and polymer membrane exchange fuel cell (PEMFC) simultaneously. A comprehensive studying approach is proposed and applied to a 50Watt PEM fuel cell system in the laboratory. The monitoring process is carried out through wireless LoRa node and gateway network concept. In this experiment, temperature sensor measure the temperature level of electrolyzer, fuel cell stack and
Supported by : KEPCO
- J. Peng and S.J. Lee, 'Numerical Simulation of Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells at High Operating Temperature', Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 162, No. 2, pp. 1182 - 1191,2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.08.001
- A Scheme on Energy Efficiency Through the Convergence of Micro-grid and Small Hydro Energy, Bo-Seon Kang, Keun-Ho Lee, KONS. v.6, no.1, pp.29-34, Feb. 2015.
- PEM Electrolysis for Hydrogen Production: Principles and Applications, Edited by Dmitri Bessarabov, Haijiang Wang, Hui Li,Nana, CRC Press, ISBN-13:978-1-4822-5232-3, Dec. 2015.
- The Fuel Cell An Ideal Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Experiment", Jung-Chou Lin, H. Russel Kunz, James M. Fenton, Suzanne S. Fenton, University of Connecticut
- Barbir, Frano. PEM fuel cells: theory and practice. Academic Press, 2013.
- D. Giusto, A. Iera, G. Morabito and L. Atzori (Eds.), "The Internet of Things", Springer, ISBN: 978-1-4419- 1673-0, (2010).
- L. Atzori, A. Iera and G. Morabito, "The Internet of Things: A survey", Computer Networks, 2010).
- Development of Remote Monitoring and Control Device of 50KW Photovoltaic System, Jeabum Park, Byungmok Kim, JIAN SHEN, Daeseok Rho, KCONS, v.2, no.3, pp.7-14, Sep. 2011.
- L. Xun, G. Qing-wu and Q. Hui, "The application of IOT in power systems", Power System Protection and Control, vol. 38, no. 22, (2010), pp. 232-236
- S. Shimpalee, S. Dutta "Distribution in PEM fuel cells" Numer Heat Trans, 38 (2000), pp. 111-28 https://doi.org/10.1080/10407780050135360
- J.G. Pharoah, O.S. Burheim "On the temperature distribution in polymer electrolyte fuel cells" J Power Sources, 195 (16) (2010), pp. 5235-5245 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.03.024
- Ticianelli, E.A.; Derouin, C.R.; Srinivasan, S.J. Localization of platinum in low catalyst loading electrodes to to attain high power densities in SPE fuel cells. J. Electroanal. Chem. 1988, 251, 275-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0728(88)85190-8
- Um, S.K.; Wang, C.Y.; Chen, K.S. Computational Fluid Dynamics Modeling of Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells. J. Electrochem. Soc. 2000, 147, 4485-4493. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1394090