- Volume 7 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Convergence research of low-light image enhancement method and vehicle recorder
영역 분할과 로컬 히스토그램을 이용한 저조도 환경의 영상 향상 방법과 차량 블랙박스 융합
- Hwang, Woo-Sung (Department of Electronic, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Myung-Ryul (Division of Electronics Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.10.27
- Accepted : 2016.12.20
- Published : 2016.12.31
In this paper, we propose an image enhancement method for vehicle recorder by dividing the images into sub-images and finding local histograms of the sub-images. The proposed method includes the following steps. Firstly, the input image is divided into (
- R. C. Gonzalez, "Digital Image Processing", 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall, pp. 75-146, 2002
- R. Crane, "A Simplified Approach to Image Processing", Prentice Hall, pp. 42-66, 1997.
- K. N. Platanioits, "Color Image Processing and Application", Springer, pp. 209-229, 2000.
- Berndjahne, "Digital Video Processing", Springer-Verlag, pp. 77-94, 1993.
- F. G. Stremler, "Introduction to Communication Systems", Addison-Wesley, pp. 459-486, 1993.
- Y. T. Kim, et al., "Contrast Enhancement Using Brightness Preserving Bi-Histogram Equalization", IEEE Trans. On Consumer Electronics, Vol. 43, No.1, pp. 1-8, Feb. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.580378
- Qiyuan Tian and Jiang Duan, "Local Histogram Modification Based Contrast Enhancement", Audio, Language and Image Processing (ICALIP), 2012 International Conference on, pp. 1-6, 2012
- J. Y. Kim, et al., "An Advanced Contrast Enhancement Using Partially Overlapped Sub-Block Histogram Equalization", IEEE Trans. on Circuit and Systems, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 475-484, 2005.
- S. D. Chen, and A. R. Ramli, "Contrast Enhancement using Recursive Mean-Separate Histogram Equalization for Scalable Brightness preservation", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 1301-1309, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2003.1261233
- R. Bala, et al., "Gamut Mapping to Preserve Spatial Luminance Variations", Journal of Image Science and Technology, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 436-443, September/October 2001.
- C. S. Lee, et al., "Gamut Mapping Algorithm Using Lightness Mapping and Multiple Anchor Points for Linear Tone and Maximum Chroma Reproduction", Journal of Image Science and Technology, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 209-223, May/June 2001.
- G. H. Park, et al, "A Contrast Enhancement Method using Dynamic Range Separate Histogram Equalization", IEEE Trans on Consumer Electronic, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 1981-1987, 2008 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2008.4711262
- Y. Koo, et al., "An Image Resolution Enhancing Technique Using Adaptive Sub-Pixel Interpolation for Digital Still Camera system", IEEE Trans. On Consumer Electronics, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 118-122, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.754426
- S. Y. Kim, et al., "Image Contrast Enhancement Based on the Piecewise-Linear Interpolation of CDF", IEEE Trans. On Consumer Electronics, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 828-834, Aug. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.793618
- H. C. Kim, et al., "An image interpolator with image improvement for LCD controller", IEEE Trans. On Consumer Electronics, Vol. 47, pp. 263-271, May 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.964108