- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Oil Species of Illegally Disposed Oil
무단 투기 유류에 대한 유종 해석
- Lim, Young-Kwan (Korea Petroleum Quality & Distribution Authority) ;
- Lee, Eun-Yul (Korea Petroleum Quality & Distribution Authority) ;
- Seong, Sang-Rae (Korea Petroleum Quality & Distribution Authority) ;
- Kim, Jong-Ryeol (Korea Petroleum Quality & Distribution Authority)
- Received : 2016.08.22
- Accepted : 2016.09.13
- Published : 2016.12.10
The contamination in soil, underground water and river environment became serious due to illegal waste dumping. In this study, our research group analyzed the oil species of illegally disposed oils from J City. After pretreating the mixture of oil, water and solid phases to obtain homogeneous phase components, the physical property analysis, atom analysis, and gas chromatography were performed. From the results showing 11.8% of oxygen content,
- S. Kim and A. Mori, Revisiting the extended producer responsibility program for metal packaging in South Korea, Waste Manag., 39, 314-320 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2015.02.006
- Wastes Control Act, Act No. 8789, Ministry of Environment, Korea.
- Act on the Promotion of Saving and Recycling of Resources, Act No. 897, Ministry of Environment, Korea.
- J. S. Chae, S. A. Choi, Y. H. Kim, S. C. Oh, C. K. Ryu, and T. I. Ohm, Experimental study of fry-drying and melting system for industrial wastewater sludge, J. Hazard. Mater., 313, 78-84 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2016.03.084
- O. Arpa and R. Yumrutas, Experimental investigation of Gasoline-Like Fuel obtained from waste lubrication oil on engine performance and exhaust emission, Fuel Process. Technol., 92, 197-204 (2010).
- G. J. Song, Y. C. Seo, D. Pudasainee, and I. T. Kim, Characteristics of gas and residues produced from electric arc pyrolysis of waste lubricating oil, Waste Manag., 20, 1230-1237 (2010).
- Z. Liu and G. Han, Production of solid fuel biochar from waste biomass by low temperature pyrolysis, Fuel, 158, 159-165 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2015.05.032
- Korea Environmental Corporation, Environmental Statistics Information, http://stat.recycling-info.or.kr.
- J. S. Kim, J. Y. Kim, and S. Y. Lee, Effects of Residential Environmental Characteristics on Illegal Waste Disposal Behaviors, Conference of Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment (2011).
- H. A. van der Sloot, D. S. Kosson, and A. van Zomeren, Leaching, geochemical modelling and field verification of a municipal solid waste and a predominantly non-degradable waste landfill, Waste Manag., DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2016.07.032. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2016.07.032
- R. D. Delaune, W. H. Patrick, and R. J. Buresh, Effect of crude oil on a Lousiana Spartina alteriflora salt marsh, Enviorn. Pollut., 21-23 (1979).
- C. Park, Environmental Chemistry of Agriculture, DongHwa Technology Publishing Co., Korea, 59-160 (1989).
- C. H. Chanineau, J. L. Morel, and J. Oudo, Phytotoxidity and plant uptake of fuel oil hydrocarbons, J. Environ. Qual., 26, 1478-1483 (1979).
- C. Yang, Z. Yang, G. Zhang, B. Hollebone, M. Landriault, A. Wang, P. Lambert, and C. E. Brown, Characterization and differentiation of chemical fingerprints of virgin and used lubricating oils for identification of contamination or adulteration sources, Fuel, 163, 271-281 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2015.09.070
- ASTM D 4052, Standard Test Method for Density and Relative Density of Liquids by Digital Density Meter.
- ASTM D 445, Standard Test Method for Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids (and Calculation of Dynamic Viscosity).
- KS M ISO 3679, Determination of Flash Point-Rapid Equilibrium Closed Cup Method.
- ASTM D 2500, Standard Test Method for Cloud Point of Petroleum Products.
- ASTM D 5291, Standard Test Methods for Instrumental Determination of Carbon, Hydrogen, and Nitrogen in Petroleum Products and Lubricants.
- Korean Standard for the Analysis of Contaminated Soil, The Ministry of Environment, Korea.
- Y. K. Lim, C. H. Jeon, E. S. Yim, and S. C. Shin, Determination of triglyceride and biodiesel in diesel fuel using high performance liquid chromatography and evaporative light scattering detection, Proceedings of Fall Meeting of Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Ansung, Korea (2007).