- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
XPS Analysis of PVDF Film Treated by Corona Discharge in Ethyl Methacrylate Vapor Atmosphere
에틸메타크릴레이트 증기 분위기에서 코로나 방전 처리한 PVDF 필름의 XPS 분석
- Moon, HuiKwon (Department of Applied Chemistry, Cheongju University) ;
- Seomoon, Kyu (Department of Applied Chemistry, Cheongju University)
- Received : 2016.10.24
- Accepted : 2016.11.08
- Published : 2016.12.10
Ethyl methacrylate (EMA) monomer coupling onto the polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) film surface was attempted to enhance the interfacial adhesive force between PVDF-polyvinyl chloride (PVC) bilayer films via dielectric barrier corona discharge. The interfacial forces were quite enhanced when PVDF films were treated by corona discharge in an EMA 1% atmosphere. The contact angle of PVDF films decreased due to corona treatment. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) analysis showed that the carbon and oxygen content of the PVDF film surface increased with corona discharge while the fluoride content decreased. The curve fitting of XPS
Supported by : 청주대학교
- Q. M. Zhang, V. Bharti, G. Kavarnos, and E. Schwartz, Poly (vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF) and its copolymers, Encyclopedia of Smart Materials, 1-2, 807-825 (2002).
- G. D. Kang and Y. M. Cao, Application and modification of poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF) membranes - A Review, J. Membr. Sci., 463, 146-165 (2014).
- S. Lorek, P. Bussi, and P. Renouard, Adhesive bonding agent for PVDF, its application as barrier material and material obtained from the latter, US Patent 6,143,415 A (2000).
- S. Zerafati and W. J. Hartzel, Polyvinylidene barrier layer for container interiors, US Patent 0,278,193 A1 (2011).
- Q. Jiang and P. Kroushl, PVDF/PVC alloys for plenum cable applications, US Patent 8,486,502 B2 (2013).
- N. Moussaif, C. Pagnoulle, J. Riga, and R. Jerome, XPS analysis of the PC/PVDF interface modified by PMMA. Location of the PMMA at the interface, Polymer, 41, 3391-3394 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(99)00498-X
- ASTM D3359, Test methods for measuring adhesion by tape test.
- K. Artyushkova, B. Kiefer, B. Halevi, A. Knop-Gericke, R. Schlogl, and P. Atanassov, Density functional theory calculations of XPS binding energy shift for nitrogen-containing graphene-like structures, Chem. Commun., 49, 2539-2541 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1039/c3cc40324f
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., http://xpssimplified.com/elements/carbon.php.