- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Borosilicate Foamed Glass Body with Sound Absorption Characteristics by the Recycling Waste Liquid Crystal Display Glass
폐 LCD 유리를 이용한 흡음특성을 갖는 붕규산유리발포체 제조
- Lee, Chul-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University)
- 이철태 (단국대학교 공학대학 화학공학과)
- Received : 2016.10.10
- Accepted : 2016.11.15
- Published : 2016.12.10
In this research, an alumino-borosilicate foamed glass with sound absorption property was prepared using the waste borosilicate glass obtained from the recycling process of waste liquid crystal display (LCD) panel. A 100 g of pulverized waste borosilicate glass with the particle size of under 325 mesh, was mixed with 0.3 g (wt/wt) of graphite, each 1.5 g (wt/wt) of
waste LCD pannel;borosilicate foamed glass;sound absorption
Supported by : 단국대학교
- LCD Industries Research Committee, Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association, Recycling of LCD Panel, http://home.jeita.or.jp/device/lirec/english/enviro/recycle.htm.
- T. Honma, T. Ubusawa, T. Furuyama, A. Morikaku, and K. Tanaka, Process for recycling useful metal, JP Patent 2,241,381 (2008).
- C.-T. Lee, The recycling of waste glass: Manufacture of foamglass and its prospect, Korean Ind. Chem. News, 3, 1-15 (2000).
- C.-T. Lee, Production process of foamed glass by compressive shaping, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24(3), 239-246 (2012).
- J. M. Kim, C.-T. Preparation of foamed glass block from recycled soda-lime-silicate glasses by chemical composition contol, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24(4), 382-390 (2012).
- C.-T. Lee, J.-S. Lee, S.-Y. Lee, and M.-H. Jang, Physical and chemical properties of waste LCD glass as raw materials for the production of foamglass, J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 20(3), 266-272 (2009).
- C.-T. Lee, T.-M. Park, and J.-M. Kim, Foaming process of waste LCD glass for the recovery of valuable materials from waste LCD pannel, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23(2), 195-203 (2012).
- C.-T. Lee, Produdction of alumino-borosilicate foamed glass body from waste LCD, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 19(6), 1916-1925 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2013.02.038
- C.-H. Oh, Y.-K. Park, and C.-T. Lee, Preparation of feed glass materials for producing a foamed borosilicate glass body from waste LCD panel, Appl. Chem. Eng., 27(4), 371-379 (2016). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1038
- DiSeven, Inc., Sound absorbing coefficients of materials, http://www.diseven.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=nosound&wrid=13.
- G. C. Stevens and M. Goosey, Materials used in manufacturing electrical and electronic products. In: R.E. Hester and R.M. Harrison,(des.). Elctronic Waste Management, 40-74, Royal Society of Chem., Cambridge, UK (2008).
- B. Kopacek, ReLCD : Recycling and re-use of LCD panels, Proceedings of 19th Waste Management Conference of the IWMSA (Waste Con 2008), October 9-11, Durban, South Africa (2008).
- S. Kiyoshi and N. Tadashi, Method for treating waste liquid crystal panel, JP Patent 3 589 936 (2004).
- K. Yamabuchi, T. Komoda, K. Kaida, A. Izumi, T. Horiuchi, S. Takabe, and T. Katayama, Method and device for parting glass substrate, liquid crystal panel, and liquid crystal manufacturing device, PCT/JP2002/011540 (2003).
- H. Takatsu, Investigation activity and data on safety of liquid crystal materials, Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 364, 171-186 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1080/10587250108024986
- R. Martin, B. Simon-Hettich, and W. Beckedr, Safe recovery of liquid crystal displays (LCDs) in compliance with WEEE, Electonics Goes Green 2004, 147-151 (2004).
- R. Martin, Use of liquid crystal displays and methods for their utilization, EU. Patent 2 082 817(2009).