- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Reaction Performance of Pentafluoropropene Hydrogenation for Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant Production
친환경 냉매 제조를 위한 오불화프로펜 수소화반응에 대한 예측
- Received : 2016.07.18
- Accepted : 2016.08.05
- Published : 2016.12.10
In this study, hydrogenation of 1,2,3,3,3-pentafluoropropene was performed to produce R-1234yf as an environmentally friendly refrigerant. Palladium based carbon was prepared as a catalyst in the hydrogenation reaction. The effect of reaction conditions including the weight hourly space velocity (WHSV), reaction temperature and ratio of hydrogen and reactants on the catalytic performance was investigated. Under the identical reaction conditions, the effect of WHSV on the main product selectivity was insignificant, but a high reaction temperature was essential for the good product selectivity. A high product selectivity was also obtained when the ratio of hydrogen and reactants kept less than 1.5. Moreover, a correlation model involving the statistical approach to predict product yields was developed.
pentafluoropropene hydrogenation;correlation model;alternative refrigerant
- E. Granryd, Hydrocarbons as refrigerants-An overview, Int. J. refrig., 24, 15-24 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-7007(00)00065-7
- M. Mohanraj, S. Jayaraj, and C. Muraleedharan, Environment friendly alternatives to halogenated refrigerants-A review, Int. J. Greenhouse Gas Control, 3, 108-119 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2008.07.003
- K. Tanaka and Y. Higashi, Thermodynamic properties of HFO-1234yf (2,3,3,3-tetrafluoropropene), Int. J. refrig., 33, 474-479 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2009.10.003
- K. Tanaka, Y. Higashi, and R. Akasaka, Measurements of the isobaric specific heat capacity and density for HFO-1234yf in the liquid state, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 55, 901-903 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1021/je900515a
- K. Avril and B. Collier, Process for the preparation of fluorinated compounds, US Patent 8,389,779 (2013).
- B. A. Mahler, M. J. Nappa, and J. P. Knapp, Compositions comprising 3,3,3-trifluoropropyne, US Patent 8,147,709 (2012).
- Y. Chiu, S. A. Cottrell, H. S. Tung, H. Kopkalli, and G. Cerri, Process for the manufacture of fluorinated olefins, US Patent 9,302,963 (2016).
- M. Devic, D. Guillet, E. Guiraud, and L. Wendlinger, Method for preparing 2,3,3,3-tetrafluoro-1-propene, US Patent 8,329,964 (2012).
- C. S. Kim and K. S. Yoo, Effect of calcination temperature on catalytic activity of Pd/C particle prepared by ionic liquid for hexafluoropropylene hydrogenation, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 14, 5508-5511 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2014.8357
- C. S. Kim and K. S. Yoo, Structural effect of palladium on carbon catalyst for hexafluoropropylene hydrogenation, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 15, 6214-6217 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10472
- R. E. Low and A. P. Sharratt, Process for the hydrogenation of pentafluoropropene, US Patent 8,471,078 (2013).
- J. B. Jeong and K. S. Yoo, Development of hexafluoropropylene hydrogenation with Pd/C particles prepared with 1-hexyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24, 412-415 (2013).
- Z. Liu, X. Meng, R. Zhang, C. Xu, H. Dong, and Y. Hu, Reaction performance of isobutane alkylation catalyzed by a composite ionic liquid at a short contact time, AIChE J., 60, 2244-2253 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.14394
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교