- Volume 17 Issue sup3
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Methylobacterium radiotolerance and Sphyngomonas yanoikoaie in Sentinel Lymph Nodes of Breast Cancer Cases
- Yazdi, Hamid Reza ;
- Movafagh, Abolfazl ;
- Fallah, Fateme ;
- Shargh, Shohreh Alizadeh ;
- Mansouri, Neda ;
- Pour, Atefeh Heidary ;
- Hashemi, Mehrdad
- Published : 2016.06.01
It has been established that different kinds of bacteria agents are involved in various cancers. Although the mechanism of tumorigenesis is not clearly understood, there is evidence for the presence of bacteria within tumors, with at least a progression effect for some bacteria that prepare suitable microenvironments for tumor cell growth. The aim of current study was to evaluate bacterial dysbiosis in sentinel lymph nodes of breast cancer patients. One hundred and twenty three fresh-frozen sentinel lymph nodes and a corresponding number of normal adjacent breast tissue specimens and five normal mastectomy samples were investigated employing RT-PCR. In addition using genus-specific primers were applied. There was a significant differences as presence of Methylobacterium radiotolerance DNA recorded between patients and normal control group (p= 0.0). Based on our research work, further studies into the role of microbes in breast cancer would be of great interest.
Breast cancer;sentinel lymph nodes;Methylobacterium radiotolerance;Sphyngomonas yanoikoaie
- Anttila T, Koskela P, Leinonen M, et al (2003). Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and the risk of female early-onset lung cancer. Int J Cancer, 107, 681-2. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.11353
- Baban CK, Cronin M, O'Hanlon D, et al (2010). Bacteria as vectors for gene therapy of cancer. Bioeng Bugs, 1, 385-94. https://doi.org/10.4161/bbug.1.6.13146
- Caygill CP, Hill MJ, Braddick M, et al (1994). Cancer mortality inchronic typhoid and paratyphoid carriers. Lancet, 343, 83-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(94)90816-8
- Caiyun X, Shamonki JM, Chung A, et al (2014). Microbial dysbiosis is associated with human breast cancer. PLoS ONE, 9, 83744. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0083744
- Cover TL, Blaser MJ (2009). Helicobacter pylori in health and disease. Gastroenterology, 136, 1863-73. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2009.01.073
- Fardmanesh H, Shekari M, Movafagh A, et al (2016). Upregulation of the double-stranded RNA binding protein DGCR8 in invasive ductal breast carcinoma. Gene, 58, 146-51.
- Heppner F, Mose JR (1978). The liquefaction (Oncolysis) of malignant gliomas by anon pathogenic Clostridium. Acta Neurochir (Wien), 42, 123-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01406639
- Heidari MH, Porghasem M, Mirzaei N, et al (2014). The effect of high level natural ionizing radiation on expression of PSA, CA19-9 and CEA tumor markers in blood serum of inhabitants of Ramsar, Iran. J Environ Radioact, 128, 64-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvrad.2013.11.001
- Biarc J, Nguyen IS, Pini A, et al (2004). Carcinogenicproperties of proteins with pro-inflammatory activity from Streptococcus infantarius (formerly S. bovis). Carcinogenesis, 25, 1477-84. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgh091
- Hakomori S (1996). Tumor malignancy defined by aberrant glycosylationand sphingo (glyco)lipid metabolism. Cancer Res, 56, 5309-18.
- Koyi H, Branden E, Gnarpe J, et al (2001). An association between chronic infection with Chlamydia pneumoniae and lung cancer. A prospective 2-year study. APMIS, 109, 572-80. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0463.2001.d01-177.x
- Kuper H, Adami HO, Trichopoulos D (2000). Infections as a major preventable cause of human cancer. J Intern Med, 248, 171-83. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2796.2000.00742.x
- Lazcano-Ponce EC, Miquel JF, Munoz N, et al (2001). Epidemiology and molecular pathology of gallbladder cancer. CA Cancer J Clin, 51, 349-64. https://doi.org/10.3322/canjclin.51.6.349
- Littman AJ, White E, Jackson LA, et al (2004). Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and risk of lung cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev, 13, 1624-30.
- Littman AJ, Thornquist MD, White E, et al (2004). Prior lung disease and risk of lung cancer in a large prospective study. Cancer Causes Control, 15, 819-27. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:CACO.0000043432.71626.45
- Mager DL (2006). Bacteria and cancer: cause, coincidence or cure? Arev Jour Trans Med, 28, 14-25.
- Movafagh A, Hajifathali A, Isfahani F, et al (2012). Geographic heterogeneity of cytogenetic characteristics of acute myeloid leukemia in the early detection. Iran J Cancer Prev, 2, 85-9.
- Movafagh A, Mirfakhraei R, Mousavi-Jarrahi A (2011). Frequent incidence of double minute chromosomes in cancers, with special up-to-date reference to leukemia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3453-6.
- Movafagh A, Hajifathali A, Zamani M (2011). Secondary chromosomal abnormalities of de novo acute myeloid leukemia-a first report from the Middle East. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2991-4.
- Ord RA, Blanchaert RH (2001). Current management of oral cancer. A multidisciplinary approach. J Am Dent Assoc, 132, 19-23. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2001.0384
- Polk DB, Peek RM (2010). Helicobacter pylori gastric cancer and beyond. Nat Rev Cancer, 10, 403-14. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc2857
- Pujol FH, Devesa M (2005). Genotypic variability of hepatitis viruses associated with chronic infection and the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Clin Gastroenterol, 39, 611-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mcg.0000170770.49394.92
- Sakamoto H, Sasaki J, Nord CE (1999). Isolation of bacteria from cervical lymph nodes inpatients with oral cancer. Arch Oral Biol, 44, 789-93. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9969(99)00079-5
- Samaras V, Rafailidis PI, Mourtzoukou EG, et al (2010). Chronic bacterial and parasitic infections and cancer: a review. J Infect Dev Ctries, 4, 267-81.
- Seifi-Alan M, Shamsi R, Ghafouri-Fard S, et al (2014). Expression analysis of two cancer-testis genes, FBXO39 and TDRD4, in breast cancer tissues and cell lines. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 6625-9.
- Sjostedt S, Kager L, Heimdahl A, et al (1988). Microbial colonization of tumors in relation to the uppergastrointestinal tract in patients with gastric carcinoma. Ann Surg, 207, 341-6. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000658-198803000-00020
- Shargh SA, Sakizli M, Khalaj V, et al (2014). Downregulation of E-cadherin expression in breast cancer by promoter hypermethylation and itsrelation with progression and prognosis of tumor. Med Oncol, 31, 250. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12032-014-0250-y
- Toso JF, Gill VJ, Hwu P, et al (2002). Phase I study of the intravenous administration ofattenuated Salmonella typhimurium to patients with metastaticmelanoma. J Clin Oncol, 20, 142-52. https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2002.20.1.142
- Vaishnavi C, Kochhar R, Singh G, et al (2005). Epidemiology of typhoid carriers among blood donors and patients with biliary, gastrointestinal and other related diseases. Microbiol Immunol, 49, 107-12. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1348-0421.2005.tb03709.x
- Wroblewski LE, Peek RM, Wilson KT (2010). Helicobacter pylori and Gastric Cancer: Factors That Modulate Disease Risk. doi: 10.1128/CMR.00011-10. Clin Microbiol Rev, 23, 713-39. https://doi.org/10.1128/CMR.00011-10
- Xuan C, Shamonki JM, Chung A, et al (2014). Microbial dysbiosis is associated with human breast cancer. PLoS One, 9, 83744. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0083744
- Breast Cancer and Its Relationship with the Microbiota vol.15, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15081747
Supported by : Pishva Islamic Azad Uinversity