- Volume 29 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Power Output Characteristics of an Modified Piezoelectric Energy Harvester
압전 발전소자의 변형모델에 따른 출력특성
- Jeong, Seong-Su (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Jun, Ho-Ik (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Cheon, Seong-Kyu (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Kang, Shin-Chul (Department of Electrical Engineering, Gyeongnam Provincial Namhae College) ;
- Park, Tae-Gone (Department of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2016.10.17
- Accepted : 2016.11.01
- Published : 2016.12.01
Recently, energy harvesting technology is increasing due to the fossil fuel shortages. To compensate problem of low generating power than other energy harvesters, many researchers have studied about piezoelectric harvester for obtaining high output. In this paper, four kinds of unimorph based piezoelectric harvesters were proposed and its generating characteristics were studied. Each of the piezoelectric harvesters has three, four, and six unimorph arms, respectively, and the arms are symmetrically arranged from one central point. The centrosymmetric structure of the harvesters guarantees more stable and multiplied generation than a cantilever-type harvester since the arms of the harvester resonate at same frequency. Resonance frequency, output voltage, displacement, and stress characteristics of the generator were analyzed by using a FEM (finite element method) program. Harvesters were fabricated on the basis of analysis results. Experimental results were compared with simulated results.
Supported by : 창원대학교
- J. L. Gonzalez, A. Rubio, and F. Moll, Int. J. Soc. Mater. Eng., 49, 7 (2001).
- H. I. Jun, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 9, 129 (2008).
- Y. H. Kim, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 3, 250 (2010).
- C. H. Park and T. G. Park, App. Mech. Mater., 2, 217 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.110-116.217] https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.110-116.217
- J. H. Lim and T. G. Park, J. Electroceram., 10, 1007 (2012).
- D. Y. Cha, S. J. Lee, and S. P. Chang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 24, 416 (2011).
- T. G. Park, B. J. Kim, M. H, Kim, and K. Uchino, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 41, 7139 (2002). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.7139] https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.41.7139
- J. Hu, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 38, 3208 (1999). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.38.3208] https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.38.3208
- H. Miyabuchi and T. Yoshimura, JKPS, 59, 2524 (2011). https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.59.2524
- T. G. Park, M. H. Kim, and H. H. Chong, J. Electroceram., 17, 561 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10832-006-5414-5