- Volume 22 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear vibration of laminated composite plates subjected to subsonic flow and external loads
- Norouzi, Hamed (School of Railway Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology) ;
- Younesian, Davood (School of Railway Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2016.06.27
- Accepted : 2016.11.17
- Published : 2016.12.30
We study chaotic motion in a nonlinear laminated composite plate under subsonic fluid flow and a simultaneous external load in this paper. We derive equations of motion of the plate using the von-
composite laminated plates;vibration;subsonic flow;chaos;Melnikov's method
Supported by : Iran University of Science and Technology
- Akgoz, B. and Civalek, O. (2011), "Nonlinear vibration analysis of laminated plates resting on nonlinear two-parameters elastic foundations", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 11(5), 403-421. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2011.11.5.403
- Amabili, M. (2008), Nonlinear Vibrations and Stability of Shells and Plates, Cambridge University Press, London, UK.
- Askari, H., Esmailzadeh, E. and Barari, A. (2015), "A unified approach for nonlinear vibration analysis of curved structures using non-uniform rational B-spline representation", J. Sound Vib., 353, 292-307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2015.05.022
- Balachandran, B. and Nayfeh, A.H. (1990), "Nonlinear oscillations of a harmonically excited composite structure", Compos. Struct., 16(4), 323-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-8223(90)90040-L
- Biancolini, M.E., Brutti, C. and Reccia, L. (2005), "Approximate solution for free vibrations of thin orthotropic rectangular plates", J. Sound Vib., 228(1), 321-344.
- Civalek, O. (2013), "Nonlinear dynamic response of laminated plates resting on nonlinear elastic foundations by the discrete singular convolution-differential quadrature coupled approaches", Compos. Part B:Eng., 50, 171-179. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2013.01.027
- Dowell, E.H. (1974), Aeroelasticity of Plates and Shells, Springer, Berlin, Germany.
- Guckenheimer, J. and Holmes, P.J. (2013), Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer, Berlin, Germany.
- Guo, X.Y., Zhang, W., Zhao, M.H. and He, Y.C. (2013), "A new kind of energy transfer from high frequency mode to low frequency mode in a composite laminated plate", Acta Mech., 224(12), 2937-2953. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-013-0898-y
- Gupta, A.K., Khanna, A. and Gupta, D.V. (2009), "Free vibration of clamped visco-elastic rectangular plate having bi-direction exponentially thickness variations", J. Theor. Appl. Mech., 47(2), 457-471.
- Huang, Y. and Yang, X.J. (2002), "General analytical solution of transverse vibration for orthotropic rectangular thin plates", J. Mar. Sci. Appl., 1(2), 78-82. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02935845
- Huang, M., Ma, X.Q., Sakiyama, T., Matuda, H. and Morita, C. (2005), "Free vibration analysis of orthotropic rectangular plates with variable thickness and general boundary conditions", J. Sound Vib., 228(4), 931-955.
- Jiang, G., Li, F. and Li, X. (2016), "Nonlinear vibration analysis of composite laminated trapezoidal plates", Steel Compos. Struct., Int. J., 21(2), 395-409. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.21.2.395
- Kargarnovin, M.H., Ahmadian, M.T. and Jafari-Talookolaei, R.A. (2012), "Dynamics of a delaminated Timoshenko beam subjected to a moving oscillatory mass", Mech. Based Des. Struct. Machines, 40(2), 218-240. https://doi.org/10.1080/15397734.2012.658504
- Korbahti, B. and Uzal, E. (2007), "Vibrations of an anisotropic plate under fluid flow in a channel", J. Vib. Control, 13(8), 1191-1204. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546307076897
- Li, P., Yang, Y. and Zhang, M. (2011), "Melnikov's method for chaos of a two dimensional thin panel in subsonic flow with external excitation", Mech. Res. Commun., 38(7), 524-528. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechrescom.2011.07.008
- Nettles, A.T. (1994), Basic Mechanics of Laminated Composite Plates, Marshal Space Flight Center MSFC, AL, USA.
- Norouzi, H. and Younesian, D. (2016), "Chaos control for the plates subjected to subsonic flow", Regul. Chao. Dyn., 21(4), 437-454. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1560354716040043
- Paidoussis, M.P. (2014), Fluid-Structure Interactions: Slender Structures and Axial Flow, Academic Press, Oxford, UK.
- Rezaei, M. and Jahangiri, R. (2015), "Nonlinear and chaotic vibration and stability analysis of an aeroelastic piezoelectric FG plate under parametric and primary excitations", J. Sound Vib., 344, 277-296. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2015.01.025
- Shi, D., Zhaung, Z. and Zhang, T. (2014), "Free vibration analysis of orthotropic rectangular Mindlin plates with general elastic boundary conditions", Proceeding of Inter-Noise Conference; Institute of Noise Control Engineering, Vol. 249, No. 7
- Sing, G., Kanaka Raju, K., Venkateswara Rao, G. and Iyengar N.G.R. (1990), "Nonlinear vibrations of simply supported rectangular cross-ply plates", J. Sound Vib., 142(2), 213-226. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(90)90553-C
- Song, Z.G. and Li, F.M. (2014), "Aerothermoelastic analysis of nonlinear composite laminated panel with aerodynamic heating in hypersonic flow", Compos. Part B: Eng., 56, 830-839. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2013.09.019
- Touzeh, C., Thomas, O. and Amabili, M. (2011), "Transition to chaotic vibrations for harmonically forced perfect and imperfect circular plates", Int. J. Nonlinear Mech., 46(1), 234-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2010.09.004
- Xing, Y.F. and Liu, B. (2009), "New exact solutions for free vibrations of thin orthotropic rectangular plates", Compos. Struct., 89(4), 567-574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2008.11.010
- Yao, G. and Li, F.M. (2013), "Chaotic motion of a composite laminated plate with geometric nonlinearity in subsonic flow", Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., 50, 81-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2012.11.010
- Yao, G. and Li, F.M. (2015), "Nonlinear vibration of a two dimensional composite laminated plate in subsonic air flow", J. Vib. Control, 21(4), 662-669. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077546313489718
- Younesian, D. and Norouzi, H. (2015), "Frequency analysis of the nonlinear viscoelastic plates subjected to subsonic flow and external loads", Thin-Wall. Struct., 92, 65-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2015.02.001
- Younesian, D. and Norouzi, H. (2016), "Chaos prediction in nonlinear viscoelastic plates subjected to subsonic flow and external load using extended Melnikov's method", Nonlinear Dyn., 84(3), 1163-1179. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-015-2561-8
- Zhang, J.H. and Zhang, W. (2012), "Multi-pulse chaotic dynamics of non-autonomous nonlinear system for a honeycomb sandwich plate", Acta Mech., 223(5), 1047-1066. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-012-0618-z
- Zhang, W., Zhang, J.H., Yao, M.H. and Yao, Z.G. (2010), "Multi-pulse chaotic dynamics of nonautonomous nonlinear system for a laminated composite piezoelectric rectangular plate", Acta Mech., 211(1-2), 23-47. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-009-0210-3
- Zhang, L.W., Lei, Z.X. and Liew, K.M. (2015), "Free vibration analysis of functionally graded carbon nanotube-reinforced composite triangular plates using the FSDT and element-free IMLS-Ritz method", Compos. Struct., 120, 189-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2014.10.009