- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of the Intelligent Switchgear Prototype with Arc Fault Detection Capability
아크고장 검출 기능을 가지는 지능형 분전반 개발
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2016.01.24
- Published : 2016.01.30
This paper aims at the prototype-making of the intelligent switchgear with arc fault diagnosis function required to prevent the electrical fire. The main control unit of the intelligent switchgear consists of a single-phase power management device and a arc fault diagnosis device. The prototype of the single-phase power management device and the prototype of the arc fault diagnosis device in this paper. In the device, the cooperation function with the arc fault diagnosis device is developed to transmit the cause of the electrical fire to the remote server system.
- L. Smith and J. Mah, "Revised Residential Fire Loss Estimates 1980-1998," U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Division of Hazard Analysis, Directorate Epidemiology, Oct. 1998.
- U.S. FEMA, "Residential Building Electrical Fires(2009-2011)," Topical Fire Report Series, Vol. 14, No. 13, March 2014.
- G. Gregory, K. Wong, and R. Dvorak, "More About Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 40, no. 4, July/August 2004, pp. 1006-1011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.831287
- W. Middendorf, "Successful Performance of the High Current Arc Ignition Test," IEEE Trans. Electrical Insulation, vol. EI-17, no. 5, Oct. 1992.
- G. Ban and N. Kim, "Arc Fault Current Interrupter Design for Electrical Fire Protection," J. of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineering, vol. 56D, no. 5, May 2006, pp. 220-224.
- Y. Ko, "The Arc Fault Determination for the Electric Fire Prevention," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, Dec. 2008, pp. 275-281.
- Y. Ko, S. Lee, H. Choi, and H. Lee, "The Development of the Single-Phase Electric Power Information Management Module of the Intelligent Electrical Switchgear Panel with Arc Fault Diagnosis function," Proc. of the 2009 Summer Korean Institute of Electrical Engineering Conf., Pyeongchang, Korea, July. 2009, pp. 2256-2257.
- Y. Ko, H. Kim, and S. Yun, "Development of the Ubiquitous-based Intelligent Digital Switchgear Panel for Home Automation," J. of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineering, vol. 57, no. 5, May 2008, pp. 741-747.
- Y. Ko and H. Shin, "The Prototype-Making of a Three-Phase Power Management Device for the Industrial Switchgear," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 5, no. 5, Oct. 2010, pp. 498-503.
- Y. Ko, "Development of the Intelligent itchgear for the Prevention of the Electrical Fire - PART I : The Prototype-Making of a Single-Phase Power Management Device," Proc. of Int. Conf. on Electronic Information and Communication 2015, vol. 9, no. 1, Goesan, Korea, June 2015, pp. 359-361.
- Y. Ko, "Development of the Intelligent Switchgear for the Prevention of the Electrical Fire - PART II : The Prototype-Making of Arc-Fault Diagnosis Device", Proc. of Int. Conf. on Electronic Information and Communication 2015, vol. 9, no. 1, Goesan, Korea, June 2015, pp. 362-365.
- S. K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing : A Computer-Based Approach. McGraw-Hil.
- D. Feucht, "Pattern Recognition : Basic Concepts and Implementations," Computer Design, Dec. 1968, pp. 57-68.
- D. Rumelhart, G. Hinton, and R. Williams, "Learning Internal Representations by Error Propagation," In Parallel Distributed Processing: Exploration in the Microstructure of Cognition, vol. 1 : Foundations, MIT Press, 1987.