- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A bioeconomic analysis of blackfin flounder Glyptocephalus stelleri fisheries management
기름가자미 어업관리를 위한 생물경제학적 분석
- CHOI, Ji-Hoon (Dokdo Fisheries Research Center, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHOI, Wan-Hyun (Fisheries Resource Policy Bureau, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries) ;
- KIM, Do-Hoon (Department of Marine & Fisheries Business and Economics, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.08.12
- Accepted : 2016.11.11
- Published : 2016.11.30
In order to manage and rebuild fishery resources, the fishing effort should be controlled effectively. Especially in the setting up of the proper level of fishing efforts, economic standards as well as biological standards must be carefully considered to promote the sustainable and economically viable development of fisheries. This study aimed to analyze the optimal economic fishing effort (
Optimal economic fishing effort;Maximum economic yield;Maximum sustainable yield;Glyptocephalus stelleri;Fisheries management
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Anderson LG. 1986. The Economics of Fisheries Management. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, U.S.A., 298.
- Edwards S and Murawski, S. 1993. Potential Economic Benefits from Efficient Harvest of New England Groundfish. N Am J Fish Manag 13, 437-449. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8675(1993)013<0437:PEBFEH>2.3.CO;2
- Fisheries information service. 2015. Fishery Production Statistics. Fishing statistics. (http://fips.go.kr/)
- Helser Thomas E. 1996. An Age-Structured Bioeconomic Simulation of U.S. Silver Hake Fisheries. N Am J Fish Manag. 16, 783-794. https://doi.org/10.1577/1548-8675(1996)016<0783:AASBSO>2.3.CO;2
- Khwaja S and A Cox. 2010. Rebuilding Fisheries: Anoverview of issues and policy approaches in the OECD. The Economics of Rebuilding Fisheries Workshop Proceedings, Chapter 2.
- Kim DY, Lee JS and Kim DH. 2011. A Study on Establishing the Performance Evaluation System of the Fish Stock Rebuilding Plans. J Fish Bus Adm 42(3), 15-29.
- Kim DH. 2004. A bioeconomic analysis on the evaluation of alternative management policies in themultispecies fishery. J Fish Bus Adm 35(1), 1-22.
- Kim DH. 2006. Measurement of Fishing Capacity of Offshore Fisheries on Korea. J Fish Bus Adm 37(1), 1-24.
- Kim DH, An HC and Lee KH. 2008. Analyzing Optimal Economic Fishing Efforts of the Coastal Snow Crab Gillnet Fishery. KSFBA 39(2), 25-39.
- Nance J. 2006. Estimation of Effort, Maximum Sustainable Yield, and Maximum Economic Yield in the Shrimp Fishery of the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council. USA, 85.
- National Federation of Fisheries Cooperatives. 2015. Fisheries Management Survey Report. 150-153.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2010. Ecology and Fishing Ground of Fisheries Resources in Korean Waters. Han-GeulPubl, 134-144.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2004. Commerclal Fishes of the Coastal & Offshore Waters in KOREA . Han-GeulPubl, 250-262.
- MOF (Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries). 2014. Fisheries Production Statistics, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries
- Overholtz W, Edwards S and Brodziak J. 1995. Effort control in the New England groundfish fishery: a bioeconomic perspective. Canada J. Fish. Aquat Sci 52, 1944-1957. https://doi.org/10.1139/f95-786
- Sun CH. 1999. Optimal Number of Fishing Vessels for Taiwan's Offshore Fisheries: A Comparison of Different Fleet Size Reduction Policies. Marine Resource Economics 13, 275-288.
- Yew T and Heaps T. 1996. Effort Dynamice and Alternative Management Policies for the Small Pelagic Fisheries of Northwest Peninsular Malaysia. Marine Resource Economics 11, 85-103. https://doi.org/10.1086/mre.11.2.42629148