- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
수산음향기법의 주파수에 따른 남해안의 어류의 군집 및 공간분포 특징
Properties of aggregation and spatial distribution of fish in the South Sea of Korea using hydroacoustic data
- 황강석 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 박정호 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 이정훈 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 차형기 (국립수산과학원 연근해자원과) ;
- 박준성 (경상대학교 해양경찰시스템학과/해양산업연구소) ;
- 강명희 (경상대학교 해양경찰시스템학과/해양산업연구소)
- HWANG, Kangseok (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- PARK, Jeong-Ho (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- LEE, Jeonghoon (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHA, Hyung-Kee (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- PARK, Junseong (Department of Maritime Police and Production System/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- KANG, Myounghee (Department of Maritime Police and Production System/Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University)
- 투고 : 2016.08.09
- 심사 : 2016.11.02
- 발행 : 2016.11.30
Properties of aggregation and spatial distribution of fish were examined based on three lines in the South Sea of Korea using three frequencies (18, 38, and 120 kHz) of a scientific echosounder. The vertical distribution of fish was displayed using acoustic biomass namely nautical area scattering coefficient (NASC). As a result, at 120 kHz high NASC showed from water surface to 20 meters in deep while at 18 and 38 kHz very high NASC presented in 70 ~ 90 meters in depth, especially at line 3. Among three lines, the line 2 had lowest NASC. The horizontal distribution of fish using three frequencies together exhibited high NASC between the eastern South Sea and center of South Sea. In especial, NASC (
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국립수산과학원
- Lee HB, Seo YI, Oh TY, Choi JH, Jo HS and Choi KH. 2015. Distribution of demersal fish based on a combined acoustic and trawl survey during day and night in coastal of the South sea, Korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 48(5), 798-804. (DOI:10.6119/JMST-016-0226-1) https://doi.org/10.6119/JMST-016-0226-1
- Mitson RB. 1983. Acoustic Detection and Estimation of Fish near the Seabed and Surface. FAO Fisheries Technical Reports 300, 24-37.
- Murase H, Tamura T, Kiwada H, Fujise Y, Watanabe H, Ohizumi H, Yonazaki S, Okamura H and Kawahara S. 2007. Prey selection of common minke (Balaenoptera acutorostrata) and Bryde's (Balaenoptera edeni) whales in the western North Pacific in 2000 and 2001. Fish Oceanogr 16, 186-201. (DOI:10.1111/j.1365-2419.2006.00426.x) https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2419.2006.00426.x
- Park Y, Seo YI, Oh TY, Lee K, Zhang H and Kang M. 2016. Anchovy distributional properties by time and location: using acoustic data from a primary trawl survey in the South sea of South Korea. J Mar Sci Technol 24(4) 2016 (in press). 798-804. (DOI:10.5657/KFAS.2015.0798) https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0798
- Yoon EA, Hwang DJ, Kim HS and Lee KS. 2014. The characteristics and spatio-temporal distribution of fish schools during Summer in the marine ranching area (MRA) of Yeosu using acoustic data. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 47(3), 283-291. (DOI:10.3354/meps239221) https://doi.org/10.3354/meps239221
- Diner N. 2001. Correction on school geometry and density: approach based on acoustic image simulation. Aquat Living Resour 14, 211-222. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0990-7440(01)01121-4
- Foote KG, Knudsen HP, Vestnes G, MacLennan DN and Simmonds EJ. 1987. Calibration of acoustic instruments for fish density estimation: a practical guide. ICES Coop Res Rep 44.
- Goldbogen JA, Calambokidis J, Croll DA, Harvey JT, Newton KM, Oleson EM, Schorr G and Shadwick RE. 2008. Foraging behavior of humpback whales: kinematic and respiratory patterns suggest a high cost for a lunge. J Exp Biol 211, 3712-3719. (DOI:10.1242/jeb.023366) https://doi.org/10.1242/jeb.023366
- Hwang BK, Lee YW, Jo HS, Oh JK and Kang M. 2015. Visual census and hydro-acoustic survey of demersal fish aggregations in Ulju small scale marine ranching area (MRA), Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Technolnol 51(1), 16-25. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.016) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.1.016
- Hwang DJ. 2000. Dead zone correction for abundance estimation of demersal fish by acoustic method. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 36(3), 202-209.
- Hwang DJ, Shin HH and Kim DS. 1999. Distribution of fish by echo sounder and environment of oceanography in Southern sea of Korea. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 35(2), 170-177.
- Kang M, Choi SG and Hwang BK. 2014. Acoustic characteristics of anchovy schools, and visualization of their connection with water temperature and salinity in the Southwestern sea and the Westsouthern sea of South Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 50(1), 39-49. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.039) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.1.039
- Kang M, Yoon GD, Choi YM and Kim JK. 1996. Hydroacoustic investigations on the distribution characteristics of the anchovy at the south region of East Sea. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 32(1), 16-23.
- Kang YS and Jeon KA. 1999. Biological and chemical characteristics and trophodynamics in the frontal zone in the Southern waters of Korea. J Korean Fish Soc 32(1), 22-29.
- Choi SG, Kim JY, Kim SS, Choi YM and Choi KH. 2001. Biomass estimation of anchovy (Engraulis japonicas) by acoustic and trawl surveys during spring season in the southern Korean waters. J Korean Soc Fish Res 4, 20-29.
- Coetzee J. 2000. Use of a shoal analysis and patch estimation system (SHAPES) to characterise sardine schools. Aquat Living Resour 13(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0990-7440(00)00139-X
- Kim DS. 2000. Seasonal variation of watermass in the central coast of the Southern sea of Korea. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 36(2), 105-116.
- Kim JG, Choi YM, Hwang KS and Yoon GD. 1998. Study on the acoustic behavior pattern of fish school and species identification. 1. Shoal behavior pattern of anchovy (Engraulis japonicas) in Korean waters and species identification test. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 34(1), 52-61.
- Korneliussen RJ and Ona E. 2003. Synthetic echograms generated from the relative frequency response. ICES J Mar Sci 60, 636-640. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-3139(03)00035-3
- Lee DJ, Kim JK and Shin HH. 1998. Investigations of the potential fisheries resources in the Southern waters of Korea -hydroacoustic investigations of abundance and distribution of fish-. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 34(3), 259-273.
- Study on the spatial distribution and aggregation characteristics of fisheries resources in the East Sea, West Sea and South Sea of the South Korea in spring and autumn using a hydroacoustic method vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.146