- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of length of buoy line on loss of webfoot octopus pot
뜸줄 길이가 패류껍질어구의 유실에 미치는 영향
- LEE, Gun-Ho (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHO, Sam-Kwang (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHA, Bong-Jin (Fisheries Engineering Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- JUNG, Seong-Jae (Fisheries Engineering Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science)
- 이건호 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 조삼광 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 차봉진 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과) ;
- 정성재 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과)
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2016.11.29
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study aims to investigate effects of the length of the buoy and sand bag line on the loss of webfoot octopus pot. A numerical modeling and simulation was carried out to analyze the process that the pot gear affected by wave using the mass spring model. Through the simulation, tensions of sand bag line under various condition were investigated by length of buoy and sand bag line. The drag force and coefficient k of an artificial shell used in the webfoot octopus pot was obtained from an experiment in a circular water channel, and the coefficient k was applied to the simulation. To verify the accuracy of the simulation model, a simple test was conducted into measuring a rope tension of a hanging shell under flow. Then, the test result was compared with the simulation. The lengths of the buoy line in the simulation were 1.12, 1.41, 1.80, 2.23, 2.69, and 3.17 times of water depth. The lengths of sand bag line were 10, 20, 30, and 40 meters, and conditions of water depth were 8, 15, 22 meters. 4 meter height and 8 second period of wave were applied to all simulations. As a results, the tension of the sand bag line was decreased as the buoy and sand bag line were increased. The minimum tension of the sand bag line was appeared in conditions that the length of the buoy line is twice of water depth and the sand bag line length is over 40 meters (except in case of depth 8 meters.).
Fishing gear loss;Buoy line length;Simulation;Sand bag line;Tension
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- DeCew J, Tsukrov I, Risso A, Swift MR and Celikkol B. 2010. Modeling of dynamic behavior of a single-point moored submersible fish cage under currents. Aquacultural Engineering 43(2), 38-45. (DOI:10.1016/j.aquaeng.2010.05.002) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2010.05.002
- Fredriksson DW, DeCew J, Swift MR, Tsukrov I, Chambers MD and Celikkol B. 2004. The design and analysis of a four- cage grid mooring for open ocean aquaculture. Aquacultural Engineering 32(1), 77-94. (DOI:10.1016/j.aquaeng.2004.05.001) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2004.05.001
- Fridman AL. 1986. Calculations for fishing gear designs. Fishing News Books Ltd, Farnham (UK) 66-67.
- Jeon IK, Nam IK, Park SC, Lee UL and Jeong IH. 2012. Hydrography. Donghwa. Gyeonggi, Korea 406-414.
- Kim JH, Kim HJ, Hong S. 2001. Experiment and analysis of mooring system for floating fish cage. Journal of the Korean fisheries society 34(6), 661-665.
- Kim TH, Oh HJ and Youn YH. 2004. Comparison on Local Wind Waves in Gyeonggi Bay. Journal of the Korean Meteorological Society 40(4), 485-495.
- Ko HJ, Pang CI and Kim TH. 2005. The relationships between wave and wind at five stations around the Korean Peninsula. Jour Korean Earth Science Society 26(3), 240-252.
- Lee GH, Kim IO, Cha BJ, Jung SJ. 2015. Analysis for gillnet loss in the West Sea using numerical modeling. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 51(4), 600-613. (DOI:10.3796/ksft. 2014.50.3.233) https://doi.org/10.3796/ksft.2014.50.3.233
- Lee CW, Kim YB, Lee GH, Choe MY, Lee MW and Koo KY. 2008. Dynamic simulation of a fish cage system subjected to currents and waves. Ocean Engineering 35(14), 1521-1532. (DOI:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2008.06.009) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2008.06.009
- Morison JR, O'Brien MP, Johnson JW and Schaaf SA. 1950. The forces exerted by surface waves of piles. Petroleum Transactions AIME 189, 149-154.
- Xu TJ, Dong GH, Zhao YP, Li YC and Gui FK. 2011. Numerical investigation of the hydrodynamic behaviors of multiple net cages in waves. Aquacultural Engineering 48, 6-18. (DOI:10.1016/j.aquaeng.2011.12.003) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaeng.2011.12.003
- Zhao YP, Bi CW, Dong GH, Gui FK, Cui Y, Guan CT and Xu TJ. 2013. Numerical simulation of the flow around fishing plane nets using the porous media model. Ocean Engineering 62, 25-37. (DOI:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.01.009) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.01.009
- Effect of the characteristics of buoy on the holding power of trapnet vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.309
- A Study on the Installation Methods of Automatic Identification Bouy of Fishing Gear on Coastal Stow Net vol.30, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.08.30.4.1453
- Difference of holding power of concrete weight used in shellfish shell fishery by its shape characteristics vol.54, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.1.025