- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Size selectivity of the gill net for spinyhead sculpin, Dasycottus setiger in the eastern coastal waters of Korea
동해안 자망에 대한 고무꺽정이 (Dasycottus setiger )의 망목 선택성
- PARK, Chang-Doo (East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- BAE, Jae-Hyun (East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- CHO, Sam-Kwang (West Sea Fisheries Research Institute, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- AN, Heui-Chun (Fisheries Engineering Research Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science) ;
- KIM, In-Ok (Fisheries Engineering Research Division, National Institute of Fisheries Science)
- 박창두 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소) ;
- 배재현 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소) ;
- 조삼광 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 안희춘 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과) ;
- 김인옥 (국립수산과학원 수산공학과)
- Received : 2016.10.10
- Accepted : 2016.11.28
- Published : 2016.11.30
Spinyhead sculpin Dasycottus setiger, a species of cold water fish, is distributed along the eastern coastal waters of Korea. A series of fishing experiments was carried out in the waters near Uljin from June, 2002 to November, 2004, using the experimental monofilament gill nets of different mesh sizes (82.2, 89.4, 104.8, and 120.2 mm) to describe the selectivity of the gill net for the fish. The SELECT (Share Each Length's Catch Total) analysis with maximum likelihood method was applied to fit the different functional models (normal, lognormal, and bi-normal models) for selection curves to the catch data. The bi-normal model with the fixed relative fishing intensity was selected as the best-fit selection curve by AIC (Akaike's Information Criterion) comparison. For the best-fit selection curve, the optimum relative length (the ratio of fish total length to mesh size) with the maximum efficiency and the selection range (
Spinyhead sculpin;Dasycottus setiger;Gill net;Selectivity;Selection curve
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Akaike H. 1974. A new look at the statistical model identification. IEEE Trans Autom Contr AC-19, 716-723.
- An HC, Bae JH, and Kim S. 2013. Study on the size selectivity of a gill net for Pacific herring (Clupea pallasii) in the eastern sea of Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 49(4), 360-367. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.360
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). 1992. Introduction to tropical fish stock assessment (by Sparre P and Venema SC). Part I- Manual. FAO Fisheries Technical Paper 306/1, Rome, 1-376.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). 2000. Manual on estimation of selectivity for gillnet and longline gears in abundance surveys (by Hovgard H and Lassen H). FAO Fisheries Technical Paper 397, Rome, 1-84.
- Fujimori Y and Tokai T. 2001. Estimation of gill net selectivity curves by maximum likelihood method. Fish Sci 67, 644-654. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1444-2906.2001.00301.x
- Hamley JM. 1975. Review of gillnet selectivity. J Fish Res Board Can 32, 1943-1969. https://doi.org/10.1139/f75-233
- Harada M, Tokai T, Kimura M, Hu F and Shimizu K. 2007. Size selectivity of escape holes in conger tube traps for inshore hagfish Eptatretus burgeri and white-spotted conger Conger myriaster in Tokyo bay. Fish Sci 73, 477-488. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1444-2906.2007.01360.x
- lshida T. 1962. On the gill-net mesh selectivity curve. Bull. Hokkaido Reg Fish Res Lab 25, 20-25.
- Jeong EC, Park CD, Park SW, Lee JH and Tokai T. 2000. Size selectivity of trap for male red queen crab Chionoecetes japonicus with the extended SELECT model. Fish Sci 66, 494-501. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1444-2906.2000.00079.x
- Jeong EC, Park HH, Bae BS, Chang DS, Kim CS, Choi SH and Cha HK. 2009. Size selectivity of gill net for male Japanese sand fish (Arctoscopus japonicus) off Gangwon in winter. J Kor Fish Soc 42(1), 78-82.
- Kitahara T. 1968. On sweeping trammel net (kogisasiami) fishery along coast of the San-in districts-III. Mesh selectivity curve of sweeping trammel net for branquillos. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 34, 759-763. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.34.759
- Koike A and Matuda K. 1988. Catching efficiency of trammel net with different slackness. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 54(2), 221-227. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.54.221
- Liang Z, Horikawa H, Tokimura M and Tokai T. 1999. Effect of cross-sectional shape of fish body om mesh selectivity of trawl codend. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 65(3), 441-447. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.65.441
- Millar RB and Fryer RJ. 1999. Estimating the size-selection curves of towed gears, traps, nets and hooks. Rev Fish Biol Fish 9, 89-116. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008838220001
- Millar RB and Walsh DJ. 1992. Analysis of trawl selectivity studies with an application to trouser trawls. Fish Res 13, 205-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(92)90077-7
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI). 2000. Commercial Molluscs from the Freshwater and Continental Shelf in Korea. Goodeok, Busan, 1-197.
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI). 2004. Commercial Fishes of the Coastal & Offshore Waters in Korea. Hangeul, Busan, 1-333.
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI). 2008. Fishing Gear of Korea. Hangul Graphics, Busan, 446-570.
- Park CD, An HC, Cho SK and Baik CI. 2003. Size selectivity of gill net for male snow crab, Chionoecetes opilio. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 39, 143-151. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2003.39.2.143
- Park CD, Jeong EC, Shin JK, An HC and Fujimori Y. 2004. Mesh selectivity of encircling gill net for gizzard shad Konosirus punctatus in the coastal sea of Korea. Fish Sci 70, 553-560. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1444-2906.2004.00840.x
- Reis EG and Pawson MG. 1999. Fish morphology and estimating selectivity by gillnets. Fish Res 39, 263-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-7836(98)00199-4
- Sohn MH, Yang JH, Park JH, Lee H, Choi YM and Lee JB. 2013. Stock Assessment and Optimal Catch of Blackfin Flounder Glyptocephalus stelleri in the East Sea, Korea. Kor J Fisheries and Aquatic Sci 46(5), 598-606. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0598
- Tokai T, Omoto S and Matuda K. 1994. Mesh selectivity of unmarketable trash fish by a small trawl fishery in the Seto inland sea. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 60(3), 347-352. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.60.347
- Wakayama K, Fujimori Y, Itaya K, Murakami O and Miura T. 2006. Mesh selectivity of gillnet for pointhead flounder Cleisthenes pinetorum. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 72(2), 174-181. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.72.174
- Wileman DA, Ferro RST, Fonteyne R and Millar RB. 1996. Manual of methods of measuring the selectivity of towed fishing gears. ICES Cooperative Research Report No. 215, 1-126.
- Yamashita H, Shiode D and Tokai T. 2009. Longline hook selectivity for red tilefish Branchiostegus japonicus in the East China Sea. Fish Sci 75, 863-874. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-009-0115-z
- Yang JH, Lee SI, Hwang SJ, Park JH, Kwon HC, Park KY and Choi SH. 2007. Maturity and Spawning of Spinyhead Sculpin, Dasycottus setiger (Bean) in the East Sea, Korea. Korean J Ichthyol 19(3), 179-184.
- Yano A, Tokai T and Kawabata A. 2012. Selectivity of experimental drift net for chub mackerel Scomber japonicus. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 78(4), 681-691. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.78.681
- Yokota K, Fujimori Y, Shiode D and Tokai T. 2001. Effect of thin twine on gill net size-selectivity analyzed with the direct estimation method. Fish Sci 67, 851-865. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1444-2906.2001.00332.x
- Mesh selectivity of the bottom trammel net for spinyhead sculpin Dasycottus setiger in the eastern coastal sea of Korea vol.53, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2017.53.4.317