- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The implementation of cable path and overfill visualization based on cable occupancy rate in the Shipbuilding CAD
조선 CAD에서 선박의 Cable 점유율을 기반으로 Cable 경로 및 Overfill 가시화 구현
- Kim, Hyeon-Jae (Major of Convergence Technology Engineering, Graduate School of Industry, GNTECH) ;
- Kim, Bong-Gi (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, GNTECH)
- Received : 2016.10.07
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Cables are installed for tens of thousands of connections between various pieces of equipment to operate and control a commercial ship. The correct shortest-route data is necessary since these are complicated cable installations. Therefore, an overfill interval commonly exists in the shortest paths for cables as estimated by Dijkstra's algorithm, even if this algorithm is generally used. It is difficult for an electrical engineer to find the overfill interval in 3D cable models because the occupancy rate data exist in a data sheet unlinked to three-dimensional (3D) computer-aided design (CAD). The purpose of this study is to suggest a visualization method that displays the cable path and overfill interval in 3D CAD. This method also provides various color visualizations for different overfill ranges to easily determine the overfill interval. This method can reduce cable-installation man-hours from 7,000 to 5,600 thanks to a decreased re-installation rate, because the cable length calculation's accuracy is raised through fast and accurate reviews based on 3D cable visualization. As a result, material costs can also be reduced.
Cable path;Dijkstra's algorithm;Occupancy rate;Overfill visualization;Shipbuilding CAD
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교
- Min-Gil, Park, Wan Kyoo, Kim, "Development of Framework for Support System on Outfitting Design of Ships," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2987-2992, Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.12.2987
- Seung-Jin, Kim ; Eun-Hye, Yoo, "A reliabilty study for cable loaded on the ship," Proceedings of the KIEE Conference, pp. 1093-1094, July 2011.
- Won-Sun Ruy, Yun-Sik Yu, Dae-Eun Ko, "A Study on the Hole-Plan system combined with 3D CAD," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.1.1
- J. K. Lee & J. H. Kim, "A study about Integrated Ship Outfitting System based on the General purpose CAD program," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 28-35, 1992.
- J. K. Lee, Y. Y. Jang, Y. J. Park, & D. H. Jeun, "Development of Integrated Outfitting Design System," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 33-36, 1993.
- K. T. Moon, Y. S Yang, Y. P. Youn, & W. S. Ruy, "The Study on Risk and Redundancy Assesment Methodology of Ship Machinery System," Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 76-87, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2010.47.1.076
- H. W. Suh, & S. G. Lee, "Integrated CAD System for Ship and Offshore Projects," International Journal of CAD/CAM, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 41-48, 2006.
- J. B. Kim, "An Empirical Study on the Success Cases of Digital Manufacturing System Implementation in Manufacturing Industry - Focused on Smart Factory," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1-8, Aug. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.08.12 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.06.05
- Hyeon-Jae, Kim ; Bong-Gi. Kim, "Implementation of Color Visualization for Cable Route Path based on Cable Occupancy Ratio in Shipbuilding CAD Environment," Proceedings of the KAIS Conference, 2016.
- Hyeon-Jae, Kim ; Bong-Gi. Kim, "Implementation of the route Visualize of Ship in 3D CAD" Proceedings of the KIEE Conference, 2016.
- S. U. Lee, "A Real-time Point-to-Point Shortest Path Search Algorithm Based on Traveling Time," The Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 131-14, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7236/JIWIT.2012.12.4.131