- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Road Bridge Information Management System based on Internet
교량 현황정보 관리를 위한 인터넷 기반 정보시스템 개발
- Park, Kyung-Hoon (Structural Eng. Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil Eng. and Building Tech.) ;
- Sun, Jong-Wan (Structural Eng. Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil Eng. and Building Tech.)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
A computerized information management system of road bridges as a national key infrastructure is needed to effectively collect data of the current status, improve the reliability of data, and use the results from the analysis of the accumulated data as fundamental resources for supporting the establishment of policies. The Internet-based Bridge Information System (BIS), including a database and geographic information systems (GIS), was designed, and the data items were comprised of essential information, such as GIS-based location coordinates, bridge condition grade information and so on. The BIS was developed to be connected with a related information system, and it is possible to make the current information of traffic volume, address and so on by adopting the GIS. To enhance the reliability of the information of current bridge status, it is also possible to improve the accuracy of data through an information verifying function to prevent entry errors. In addition, the BIS can easily support the establishment of policies offering various types of knowledge information that were available in the past based on an analysis of the accumulated data. The intuitive identification and analysis of the current status is to be feasible through a GIS screen. Improvement of the business efficiency and data accuracy and time-series information analysis are available by managing the information of current status through BIS. In the future, it is expected that BIS can be used effectively for the establishment of reasonable maintenance policies of the nation.
Bridges;Information Management System;Internet based system;Database;Geographic Information Systems(GIS)
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), Yearbook of Road Statistics 2016, 2016.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), Yearbook of Road Bridge and Tunnel Statistics 2016, 2016.
- Zanyar Mirzaei, Bryan T. Adey, Leo Klatter, and Paul D. Thompson, Overview of existing bridge management system, Bridge Management Committee, IABMAS, 2014.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration[internet], Bridges by Year Built, Year Reconstructed and Material Type 2013(updated 02/03/2016), http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/nbi/no10/yrblt_yrreconst13.cfm (accessed Sep., 8, 2016).
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportation and Tourism, Japan, TECHNICAL NOTE of National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management, 2015.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Recording and Coding Guide for the Structure Inventory and Appraisal of the Nation's Bridges, 1995.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Recommendations on the Implementation of the Measures for Aging Road, Social Capital Maintenance Council, Road subcommittee, 2014.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM), Detailed Guidelines of Safety Inspection and Precision Safety Diagnosis, 2010.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), National Mapping Service, Spatial Information Open Platform, http://dev.vworld.kr (accessed Sep., 5, 2016)
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT), Traffic Monitoring System (TMS), http://www.road.re.kr (accessed Sep., 5, 2016)
- Ministry of the Interior (MOI), Executive Standard Code Management System, https://www.code.go.kr (accessed Sep., 5, 2016)