- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of the Dendropanax Mobifera Extract on Anti-Hypertensive
황칠나무 추출물이 고혈압에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Jo, Yong-Bok (Department of Convergence Engineering, The Graduate School of Venture Hoseo University) ;
- Lee, Jang-Hoon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.10.20
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study examined the effects of an extract of Dendropanax morbifera on blood pressure, Angiotensin II, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme, Aldosterone, and lipid levels of spontaneously hypertensive rats. The groups were as follows: Control group, Hypertension control group, Water extract treated group, Ethanol extract treated group, n- hexane fraction treated group, Ethyl acetate fraction treated group, n- butanol fraction treated group, and Water fraction treated group. The blood pressure, and Angiotensin II, and Angiotensin Converting Enzyme, and Aldosterone levels were lower in the Ethyl acetate fraction treated group than in the hypertension control group. The change in blood pressure was lower in the Water extract treated group, Ethyl acetate fraction treated group, Ethanol extract treated group, n- hexane fraction treated group, and n- butanol fraction treated group than the hypertension control group. The concentration of Angiotensin II was lower in the Ethyl acetate fraction treated group, Ethanol extract treated group, n- hexane fraction treated group, and n- butanol fraction treated group than the hypertension control group(p<0.05). The level of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme was lower in the Ethyl acetate fraction treated group, Ethanol extract treated group, n- hexane fraction treated group, and n- butanol fraction treated group than the hypertension control group. The concentration of Aldosterone was lower in the Ethyl acetate fraction treated group, and n- butanol fraction treated group than the hypertension control group(p<0.05). In addition, the concentration lower in the Water extract treated group, Ethanol extract treated group, n- hexane fraction treated group than the hypertension control group. Overall, the effect of the Dendropanax morbifera extracts might be useful as anti-hypertensive, and functional food agents.
ACE;Aldosterone;Angiotensin II;Blood pressure;Dendropanax Mobifera;Hypertensive
- Koo JW. Adult disease and exercise. Industrial Health, 214:47-50, 2006.
- Statistics Korea, Cause of death statistics. Press release. p.47. http//www.kostat.go.kr Cause-specific death rate. (2016. 10. 8), 2016.
- W. C. Cuchmaman, "Alcohol Consumption and Hypertension", Journal of Clinical Hypertension, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 166-170, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-6175.2001.00443.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-6175.2001.00443.x
- J. M. Halimi, B. Giraudeau, S. Vol, E. Caces, H. Nivet, J. Tichet, "The risk of hypertension in men: Direct and indirect effects of chronic smoking", Journal of Hypertension, vol. 20, no. 2, pp.187-193, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-200202000-00007 https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-200202000-00007
- K. D. Wald, D. Sparrow, L. Landsberg, J. B. Yonung, S. T. Weiss, "Influence of Insulin, Sympathetic Nervous System Activity, and Obesity on Blood Pressure: The Normative Aging Study", Journal of Hypertension, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 301-308, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-199603000-00005 https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-199603000-00005
- Reddi AS:. Resistant hypertension: is renal denervation the current treatment of choice?. Clinical Experimental, 28;36(8): pp. 525-30, 2014.
- Taube G., A growing body of evidence suggests that a molecular marker for inflammation may be as crucial as cholesterol in assessing risk of heart attack: Does inflammation cut to the heart of the matter? Science, 296: pp. 242-245, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.296.5566.242
- Hans R. Brunner, M.D., John H. Laragh, M.D., Leslie Baer, M.D., Michael A. Newton, M.D., Frank T. Goodwin, M.D., Lawrence R. Krakoff, M.D., Richard H. Bard, M.D., and Fritz. R. Buhler, M.D. Essential Hypertension: Renin and Aldosterone, Heart Attack and Stroke. N Engl J Med 286:441-449, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197203022860901
- Mancia G, De Backer G, Dominiczak A, et al. 2007 guidelines for the management of arterial htypertension: the task force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European society of hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J, 28: pp. 1462-1536, 2007.
- Dahlof B, Devereux RB, Kjeldsen SE, et al. Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in the Losartan intervention for endpoint reduction in hypertension study (LIFE): a randomised trial against atenolol. Lancet, 359: pp. 995-1003, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)08089-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)08089-3
- Dahlof B, Sever PS, Poulter NR, et al. Prevention of cardiovascular events with an antihypertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT-BPLA): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet, 366: pp. 895-906, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67185-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67185-1
- Weber MA, Julius S, Kjeldsen SE, et al. Blood pressure dependent and independent effects of antihypertensive treatment on clinical events in the VALUE trial. Lancet, 363: pp. 2049-2051, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(04)16456-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(04)16456-8
- Lee BH, Prescription of antihypertensive, diuretic, Hanyang University College of Medicine. Expert Column. http//www.hypertension diuretic. National Hypertension Center (2016. 10.09), 2005.
- Waeber B, Bruner HR. A look through the new therapeutic window: irbesartan. J Hypertens Suppl; 1998 sep,16(7): S11-6, 1998.
- Luo LF, Wu WH, Zhou YJ, Yan J, Yang GP, Ouyang DS. Antihypertensive effect of eucommia ulmoides oliv. extracts in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Ethnopharmacol, 129(2): pp. 238-243, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2010.03.019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2010.03.019
- Kwan CY. Vascular effects of selected antihypertensive drugs derived from traditional medicinal herbs. Volume 22, Issue s1, pp. S297-S299, Nov. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1681.1995.tb02925.x
- Sutter MC, Wang YX. Recent cardiovascular drugs from Chinese medicinal plants. Cardiovasc Res, 27(11): pp. 1891-1901, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/cvr/27.11.1891 https://doi.org/10.1093/cvr/27.11.1891
- Gillis CN. Panax ginseng pharmacology: A nitric oxide link? Biochem Pharmacol; 54(1): pp. 1-8, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-2952(97)00193-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-2952(97)00193-7
- Kim HR, Chung HJ. Chemical characteristics of the leaves and the seeds of Korean Dendropanax (Dendropanax morvifera Lev.). J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 43: pp. 63-66, 2000.
- Park SA, Park J, Park, C I, Jie YJ, Hwang YC, Kim YH, Jeon SH, Lee HM, Ha JH, Kim KJ, Park SN. Cellular antioxidant activity and whitening effects of dendropanax morbifera leaf extracts, Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 41(4): pp. 407- 415, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1311.11001
- Hans R., et al., Essential Hypertension: Renin and Aldosterone, Heart Attack and Stroke. N Engl J Med 286: pp. 441-449, 1972. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197203022860901 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197203022860901
- Kwang Ho Ko, Establishment of the functionality evaluation system for the control of blood pressure of health functional food, Title of Project. 1470000646, 2003.