- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The effect of pilates exercises on isokinetic muscular strength and balance in lower limb's for young aged women
필라테스 운동이 젊은 여성의 등속성 하지 근력과 밸런스에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Na-Ri (Jeollabuk-do Paralympic Committee) ;
- Yun, Sin-Jung (Division of sports Medicine, Woosuk University) ;
- Choi, Kwang-Soo (Division of Health and Welfare, Woosuk University)
- Received : 2016.10.10
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study was performed to provide data for developing a more effective and practical pilates exercise program for young women. To meet this purpose, 20 young women were assigned to both groups. The experiment was conducted according to the experimental procedure. Ten subjects in the pilates exercise group performed exercise for 60 minutes everyday at a frequency of 3 days per week for 8 weeks. The subjects in both groups were measured for their physical composition, isokinetic muscular strength in legs, and body balance before and after the experiment. After 8 weeks, the pilates exercise group's body composition showed significantly increased muscular amount (p <.01). There was a statistical increase in knee joint muscle function. For the right knee joint and left knee joint, right knee joint extensor muscle's maximum muscular strength and total work significantly increased under conditions of
balance;body composition;knee joint muscle function;pilates;young women
- Na, Gwal, The effect of Elastic Band Training on Muscular Strength, Softness, Parallelism and Body Composition of female elderly, Master's thesis of Kyonggi University, 2009.
- J. H. Choi, Physiological aspects Aging, Seoul : Daehan Media.
- H. S. Choi, Advance a beautiful body, Seoul : Jisungsa.
- S. J. Yoon, S. H. Baek, D. S. Kim, H. R. Jeong, The effect of sports-massage on cardiovascular function, blood sugar and body composition for obese middle-aged women, Journal of the Korean Society for Aesthetics and Cosmetology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 47-56, 2009.
- Thompson, LV., Effects of age and training on skeletal to preventing fall among the elderly, Public Health Reports, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 192-195, 1994.
- Mikesky, A. E., Topp, R., Wigglesworth, J. K., Harsha, D. M., & Ewards, J. E., Efficacy of a home based training program for older adults using elastic tubing, Eur. J. Physiol. Oc. Cup Physiol., vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 316-320, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00392037 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00392037
- Page, P. Deceloping resistive programs using Thera band elastic band and tubing. Hygenic corporation, 2000.
- S. Y. Park, W. S. Shin, The effects of elastic band training on blood pressure, blood lipids concentration and ADL(Activities of Daily Living) of elderly women by hypertensive for 10 weeks, Journal of Korean Association of School Physica Education, vol. 13 no. 2, pp. 115-127, 2003.
- B. Y. Jeon, 1The Effect of 12 Week Ergometer and Thera-Band Exercise on Solstice Isokinetic Strength, Balance in Elerly Women, Master's thesis of Danguk University, 2007.
- Skelton, D. A., Yong, A., Greig, C. A., & Malbut, K. E., Effects of Resistance training on strength, power, and selected functional abilities of women Aged 75 and older. J. Am. Geriatr. Soc., 43(10), pp. 1081-1087, 1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1995.tb07004.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1995.tb07004.x
- S. H. An, J. P. Lee, J. H. Yoon, S. H. Kim, J, G, Oh, The Effect of Elastic-Band Exercise on Strength of Lower Extremities, Balance and Gait Ability in Hemiplegia, Journal of Korean Adapted Physical Activity&Exercise," vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 51-70, 2009.
- J. H. Jeong, The effect of Elastic Band and Swiss Ball Training on Body Composition, Bone Mineral Density and Muscle Activities of Middle Age Women, Master's thesis of Hanyang University, 2008.
- I. S. Hong, C. J. Lee, Effects of 16weeks Elastic Band Exercise on Body Composition and Fitness of Low Physical Fitness Level Students in Female High School. Korea sport research, Korea Sports Research, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 629-640, 2005.
- M. J. Jang, S. H. Yu, J. W. Kim, J. H. Byeon, Effects of a 12-week elastic resistance exercise training on isokinetic strength and control function of posture in Taekwondo players, Journal of Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education and Dance, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 399-408, 2007.
- M. H. Choi, Comparison of body composition and BMI with classification of sports in Different Sports Groups, Master's thesis of Korea National Sports University, 2001.
- J. E. Kang, Effects of Resistance Exercise on Physical Fitness for Activities of Daily Living, Muscle Mass and Pain in Elderly, Master's thesis of Nambu University, 2011.
- Y. J. Kim, The Effect of Elastic Band Training on Body Composition and Blood Vessel Elasticity of Middle-aged Women, Master's thesis of Mokwon University, 2011.
- C. S. Kim, I. H. Park, M. W. Kim, S. H. Jang, Y. J. Kim, M. H. Park, O. Kim, H. S. Seon, Effects of Exercise using Thera Band on Body Compositions, Blood Pressure and Physical Fitness in the Elderly Women, The Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 158-168, 2007.
- D. W. Shin, Effects of Elastic Band Training on Body Composition and Health-related Physical Fitness of Elderly Woman for 12 Weeks, Master's thesis of Chungnam National University, 2008.
- M. J. Kim, Comparison on Physical Fitness and Isokinetic Strength in Badminton Player and University Student, Master's thesis of Dankuk University, 2012.
- H. S. Park, The Effect of Strengthening Leg Muscular power in 8 weeks on middle-aged Women's Body Composition, Peak Torque and Peak Torque per Body Weight in Legs, Master's thesis of Daejeon University, 2007.
- S. M. Shin, N. Y. An, K. J. Kim, Effect of Resistance Training with Elastic Band on The Improvement of Balance and Gait in The Elderly Wome, Journal of Korean Society of Growth and Development, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 45-56, 2006.
- E. Y. Park, The Effects of Mixed Execise Program on Physical Fitness and Depression in the Elderly, Doctorate thesis of Ewha University, 2005.
- J. W. Kim, (The) effects of elastic resistance exercise of lumbo-pelvic region and lower limbs muscle upon walking ability as well as balance ability of the elderly, Master's thesis of Keimyung University, 2006.