- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Molding Analysis for the Production of Large Sun Visors in Vehicles
차량용 대형 선바이저 생산을 위한 성형해석
- Park, Jong-Nam (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun College of Science & Technology) ;
- Noh, Seung-Hee (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun College of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2016.10.25
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Diverse accessories are used in automobiles, such as navigation systems, front and rear cameras, spoilers, and sun visors. Sun visors block sunlight so that drivers can drive safely with a better view, and they are used in many automobile designs. However, when large plastic products are manufactured using injection molding, there are many difficulties that develop, like weld lines, short shots, flow marks, imperfections, and distortion. In this study, a CAE simulation was conducted based on previous results to predict potential problems in the injection molding of large products. The flow characteristics up to complete charge for the melting resins were captured using a computer-aided engineering simulation. The temperature departure on the front part of a flow was about
CAE Simulation;Clamping Force;Flow Mark;Injection Molding;Sun Visor;Weld Line
- Y. P. Kim, "Angle control apparatus of truck roof visor," Korean intellectual property office, pp. 1-7, 2005,
- B, W, Kwak, "Roof sun visor for truck," Korean intellectual property office, pp. 1-5, 2007.
- D. H. Kim, J. W. Lee and T. W. Kim, "Effects of mold temperature on the weld line and dimensional stability of infection-molded parts," Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 172-176, 2003.
- K. H. Kim and Y. Y. Lee, "A Study on deformation compensation of press part based on reverse engineering," Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 28-32, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.1.28 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.1.28
- S. Y. Kim and T. H. Kim, " Application of reverse engineering system for improvement of press forming process," The Korean Society for Machine Tools Autumn Conference paper, pp. 412-419, 2003.
- J. E. Jang and Y. J. Huh, "A Study on design and analysis of thin injection-molded parts using CAE," Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Autumn Conference paper, pp. 83-86, 2004.
- D. G. Ahn, S. H. Lee, M. S. Kim, G. Y. Han, J. S. Kim, H. S. Moon and Y. S. Yoon, "Investigation into the development of deep drawing tools with small size for electronic parts utilizing the CAE and RP/RP technology," Proceedings of 2005 Autumn Annual Meeting for the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, pp. 334-337, 2005.
- S. M. Jang, and I. S. Kim, "A Study on decision of gate location for injection molding of automobile air cleaner upper cover," Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4411-4417, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4411 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4411
- K. H. Park and B. G. Cho, "Injection molding mold design," bomoondang, 2008.