- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Reinforcement of Collapsed Railway Subgrade and Line Capacity Increase Using Short Reinforcement with Rigid Wall
짧은 보강재와 일체형 강성벽체를 활용한 철도 붕괴노반 보강 및 선로용량 증대 기술
- Kim, Dae-Sang (Metropolitan Transportation Research Center, KRRI)
- 김대상 (한국철도기술연구원 광역도시교통연구본부)
- Received : 2016.08.11
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study evaluated the long-term performance of RSR (Reinforced Subgrade for Railways) technology which increases the railway line capacity without the need for additional land. Its characteristics include the use of a short reinforcement with rigid wall, which make it possible to apply it in confined spaces. The 7m high and 40m long testbed employed to evaluate the long-term performance was designed and constructed near Jupo station on the Chang-hang line. This line, located close to a local bus route, had collapsed at the subgrade following heavy rainfall. The performance of the new type of subgrade was verified with long term measurements over a 2 year period including the surface and ground settlement, horizontal displacement of the wall, tensile strain of the reinforcement, and settlement of the rail top on the side track. Based on the results of the measurements made until now, we concluded that it had sufficient safety and serviceability for use as a railway subgrade. It is expected that RSR technology could be frequently used at sites which lack the necessary construction materials for an embankment and are located close to functional railway lines and boundaries, in order to settle civil complaints.
Rainfall;Failure slope;Short Reinforcement;Rigid wall;Line Capacity
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Tatsuoka, F., Tateyama M., Uchimura T. and Koseki J. "Geosynthetic-reinforced soil retaining walls as important permanent structures(1996-1997 Mercer Lecture)," Geosynthetics International, vol. 4, no. 2 pp. 81-136, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/gein.4.0090
- Associations of RRR, RRR-B design and construction manual, pp. 23, 2001.
- D. S. Kim, S. H. Hwang, U. J. Kim, Y. K. park, S. Y. Park, "Evaluation of Design Characteristics in the Reinforced Railroad Subgrade Through The Sensitivity Analysis," Jounal of the Korean Geosynthetics Society, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 15-22, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2013.12.3.015 https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2013.12.3.015
- D. S. Kim, "Stability Evaluation of Reinforced Subgrade with Short Geogrid for Railroad During Construction," Journal of the Korean Geosynthetics Society, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 11-20, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2014.13.2.011
- Korea Railway Network Authority, Railway design standard for roadbed, 2011.