- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on Train Braking Performance Assessment Methods Using Braked Weight Percentage
제동중량비율을 이용한 도시철도차량 제동성능 평가방법 연구
- Choi, Don-Bum (Future Strategy Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Kang-Mi (Metropolitan Transportation Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Yoon, Yong-Ki (Metropolitan Transportation Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.10.06
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
In this study, we evaluate the braking performance of an urban railway vehicle to verify its basic safety condition. The braking performance evaluation methods, deceleration measurement and braked weight percentage, were compared for trains with different numbers of cars, in order to assess the advantages of each method and their compatibility. With a probabilistic braking model, the effect of the adhesion coefficient distribution was analyzed in accordance with the train composition. A train with many cars has a narrower deceleration distribution width than one with few cars. The braked weight percentage method is expected to be useful in the design of train signal systems, because it allows the braking distance to be calculated for various initial brake velocities. The deceleration distribution model and its results are expected to be useful as a basis for precise train signal design.
Braking Distance;Brake Performance;Brake System;Braked Weight Percentage;Deceleration
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- M. S. Kim, J. Kim, T. Kim, S. S. Park, et al., "Study of the metropolitan rapid transport system to minimize sidetrack construction," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 402-409, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.5.402 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.5.402
- J. Kim, M. S. Kim, K. Ko, D. U. Jang, "The Study on the Standardization of the Maximum Acceleration of the Electric Multiple Unit through the Analysis of the Traction and Adhesion Characteristics," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 7934-7940, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7934 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7934
- S. M. Park, J. Y. Park, "Analytical study to the Brake Lever in Basic Brake System for Railway Vehicle," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 624-629, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.624 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.624
- Ministry of Land Transport and Marine Affairs, "Criteria for performance test of urban rail vehicles," 2011.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Technical Standards for Railway Vehicles," 2016.
- G. S. Yun, W. H. Jeon, "A Study for Determining the braked weight of Iran DMU using UIC 544-1," Proc. of Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway, pp. 1624-1633, 2009.
- UIC 544-1, Brakes-Braking performance, 6 th edition, 2014.
- P. Presciani, M. Malvezzi, G.L.Bonacci, M.Balli, "Development of a braking model for speed supervision systems"
- W. D. Lee, K. H. Choi, "A Design of brake Control System For Electrical Multiple Unit," Proc. of Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway, pp. 151-156, 2000.
- EN 14531-2:2015 Railway applications-Methods for calculation of stopping and slowing distances and immobilization braking Part 2: Step by step calculations for train sets or single vehicles)
- B. B. Kang, Y. H. Cho, "Methods for calculation of stopping and slowing distances and braking performance parameters," J. Korean Soc. Mech. Technol, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 990-997, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.17.5.201510.990 https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.17.5.201510.990
- M. S. Kim, K. H. Kim, S. J. Kwon, "Estimation Study on the Wheel/Rail Adhesion Coefficient of Railway Vehicles Using the Scaled Adhesion Tester," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 603-609, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.7.603 https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.7.603