- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Process Design of Trimming to Improve the Sheared-Edge of the Vehicle Door Latch based on the FE Simulation and the Taguchi Method
유한요소해석 및 다구찌법을 이용한 자동차 도어 래치의 전단면 품질 향상을 위한 트리밍 공정 설계
- Lee, Jung-Hyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hun (Division of Marine Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Lee, Seon-Bong (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2016.09.13
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Automobile door latch is a fine design and assembly techniques are required in order to produce them in a small component assembly shape such as a spring, injection products, a small-sized motor. The door latch is fixed to not open the door of the car plays an important role it has a direct impact on the driver's safety. In this study, during trimming of the terminals of the connector main components of the car door latch, reduce rollover and conducted a research to find a suitable effective shear surface. Using the Taguchi method with orthogonal array of Finite Element Analysis and optimal Design of Experiments were set up parameters for the shear surface quality of the car door latch connector terminals. The design parameters used in the analysis is the clearance, the radius, and the blank holding force, the material of the connector terminal is a C2600. Trimming process optimum conditions suggested by the analysis has been verified by experiments, the shear surface shape and dimensions of a final product in good agreement with forming analysis results.Taguchi method from the above results in the optimization for the final rollover and effective shear surface improved for a vehicle door latch to the connector terminal can be seen that the applicable and useful for a variety of metal forming processes other than the trimming process is determined to be applicable.
Door Latch;Finite Element Method;Sheared-Edge;Taguchi Method;Trimming
Supported by : 중소기업청
- T. S. Kwak, Y.J. Kim, M. K. Seo, W. B. Bae, "The effect of V-ring indenter on the sheared surface in the fine-blanking process of pawl," J. Master. Process. Technol., Vol 143-144, pp. 656-661, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00311-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(03)00311-X
- T. S. Kwak, Y. J. Kim, W. B. Bae, "Fine element analysis on the effect of die clearance on shear planes in fine blanking," J. Master. Process. Technol., vol. 130-131, pp. 462-468, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00767-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00767-7
- Y. J. Kim, T. S. Kwak, W, B, Bae, "Finite element analysis on effect of die clearance on shear planes in fine blanking," J. Kor. Soc. Technol. Plast, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 40-44, 2000.
- J. D. Kim, J. J. Kang, H. K. Kim, S. K. Hong, B. J. Kim, "A progressive fine blanking process design for forming of carrier plate," J. Kor. Soc. Technol. Plast., vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 207-214, 2005.
- D. H. Ko, D. C. Ko, Y. N. Kwon, S. W. Kim, H. S. Lee, E. S. Park, B. M. Kim, "FE-simulation of hub clutch in vehicle transmission by roll die forming process," Annuals Spring Conf. of Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast., pp. 35-38, 2010.
- B. S. Kang, C. W. Kim, "The Effect of a Radius of Curvature and Coefficient of Friction Applied to Contact Pressure and Stress in the Sliding Core," of Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast., pp. 1313-1318, 2006.
- J. H. Lee, W. J. Jung, J. H. Kim, "Influence of Drawing Speed and Blank Holding Force in Rectangular Drawing of Ultra Thin Sheet Metal," Transactions of Materials Processing, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 348-353, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2012.21.6.348 https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2012.21.6.348
- J. W. Sim, Y. T. Kim, "Effects of Blank Holding Force on the Friction Behavior in Sheet Metal Forming," Transactions of Materials Processing, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 381-385, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.5.381 https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.5.381
- Press Mould Design. Shearing work Clearance, http://m.blog.naver.com/dhghtjrdl/220716711915, May,. 23, 2016.
- K. H. Min, S. R. Bee, B. B. Hang, D. H. Jang, "Influence of Punch Nose Radius on the Surface Expansion.," Transactions of Materials Processing, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 528-589, 2007.
- D. C. Ko, D. H. Kim, B. M. Kim, "Application of Artificial Neural Network and Taguchi Method to Perform Design in Metal Forming Considering Workability," Int. J. Mach. Tools Manufact., vol. 39, pp. 771-785, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(98)00055-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(98)00055-8
- J. K. Kim, "An Experimental Study on the Optimum Design of Sirocco Fan by Using Taguchi Method," Trans. of the KSME, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 761-768, 1999.
- P. J Ross, Taguchi Techniques for Quality Engineering: loss function, orthogonal experiments, parameter and tolerance design, McGraw-Hill, 1999.