- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Validity Verification of a Korean Version of Recovery Scale(Client Assessment Summary) for Alcoholics
알코올중독자의 회복척도 CAS(Client Assessment Summary) 한국어판의 타당도 검증
- Rhee, Young-Sun (Division of Administration & Social Welfare, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Soo-Youn (Division of Social Welfare, Graduate School of Chosun University)
- Received : 2016.09.05
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study investigates the validity of a Korean version of the Client Assessment Summary (CAS), which is a tool used to assess the recovery of alcoholics. We investigated the Korean CAS's suitability for use in assessing the scale of recovery scale of general alcoholics in Korea. In this study, we analyzed the data of 205 abstaining alcoholics in order to determine the validity of the Korean CAS. We undertook relationship analyses of CAS contents, reliability, and composition validity through factor analysis. In addition, we assessed ARS, abstinence period, abstinence self-efficacy, illness insight, and motivation change variables. The factor analysis results, performed after verification of content suitability by assessing 12 questions and 4 factors, confirmed the tool's composition validity, with the results showing relatively high values (R2 = 76.26%, communality
Alcoholic;Client Assessment Summary;Recovery;Validity
Supported by : 조선대학교
- S. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, S. M. Sin, "The Influences the Level of Lifestyle has on the Rehabilitation of the Addiction of the Alcoholics who are in a Therapeutic Community Using the DAYTOP Model," Korea Journal of Counseling, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 324-337, 2012.
- M. S. Yun, H. Ji, H. J. Jo, "Effectiveness of Inpatient program on the Recovering Process among Alcoholics," Journal of The Korean Alcohol Science, vol.13, no. 2, pp. 55-71, 2012.
- S. M. Kim, "Phenomenological research on the recovering counselor's lived experiences in the field of alcoholism," Ewha Womans University, Doctoral Dissertation, pp. 152, 2007.
- I. S. Rho, "The recovery process of alcohol dependence," Kyung Hee University, Doctoral Dissertation, pp. 144, 2006.
- A. R. Park, "Recovery experiences of Korean alcoholics : being reborn," Ewha Womans University, Doctoral Dissertation, pp. 147, 2008.
- D. H. Chun, "A Study on Experiences of Recovering Alcoholics through Alcoholics Anonymous," Soongsil University, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 145, 2011.
- H. J. Kim, "Ideation of the Experience of Women Alcoholics's Drinking and Recovery," University of Seoul, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 224, 2015.
- J. G. Cha, "Effects of Therapeutic Community Program on Recovering Process, Stage of Change and Serum Cortisol Level in Alcoholics," The Catholic University of Korea, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 71, 2008.
- S. M. Jun, "Development of an alcoholism recovery scale based on the recovery paradigm," The Catholic University of Korea, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 163, 2014.
- D. Kressel, G. DeLeon, M. Palij, G. Rubin, "Measuring Client clinical progress in therapeutic community treatment. The therapeutic community Client Assessment Inventory, Client Assessment Summery, and Staff Assessment Summery," Substance Abuse Treatment Journal, vol. 19, pp. 267-272, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0740-5472(00)00108-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0740-5472(00)00108-2
- J. S. Kim et al, "Assessing the insight status using HAIS(Hanil Alcohol Insight Scale) a newly devised scale for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of insight in alcohol dependents," Journal of Korean Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 126-133, 1998.
- C. C. DiClemente, J. P. Carbonari, R. P. Montgomery, S. O. Hughes, "The alcohol abstinence self-efficacy scale," Journal of Studies on Alcohol, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 141-148, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15288/jsa.1994.55.141 https://doi.org/10.15288/jsa.1994.55.141
- Miller, R. William, Tonigan, J. Scott, "Assessing drinkers' motivation for change: The Stages of Change Readiness and Treatment Eagerness Scale (SOCRATES)," Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 81-89, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0893-164X.10.2.81 https://doi.org/10.1037/0893-164X.10.2.81
- Y. M. Chun, "Assessing Alcohol Dependents' Motivation for Change: The Development Study on the Korean version of the Stages of Change Readiness and Treatment Eagerness Scale," The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 207-223, 2005.
- W. A. Anthony, "Recovery from Mental Illness: The Guiding vision of the Mental Health Service System in the 1990s," Rehabilitation Journal, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 11-23, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0095655
- N. Jacobson, L. Curitis, "Recovery as policy in mental health services: Strategies Emerging from the states," Psychiatric rehabilitation journal, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 333-341, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0095146 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0095146
- R. Weingarten, "The ongoing process of recovery," Psychiatry, vol. 57, no. 4, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00332747.1994.11024701
- S. S. Choi, Solji Lee, "A Qualitative Study on Alcoholic's Recovery Experience," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 30, pp. 418-448, 2008.
- Lunt, Alan, "Recovery: Moving From concept toward a theory," Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 401-404, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0095137 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0095137
- H. J. Kim, G. H. Kim, "Psychiatric Mental Health Professional' Perception of Recovery State from the Psychiatric Disability," J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 452-461, 2002.
- J. Nowinski, S. Baker, K. Carroll, "Twelve Step Facilitation Therapy Manual: A clinical research guide for therapists treating individuals with alcohol abuse and dependence," NIAAA Project MATCH Monograph Series, vol. 1, 2005.
- C. L. Hunt, "Women's recovery from alcoholism," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Vanderbilt University, 1989.
- N. R. Kim, M. S. Kim, J. H. Gwon, "A Study on The Recovery of Korean Chronic Schizophrenics," Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 739-754, 2005.
- S. Y. Hwang, "The Perception of Recovery: Perspectives from People with Mental Illness," Mental Health & Social Work vol. 27, pp. 28-63, 2007.
- S. K. Seong, U. Ham, Y. W. Bang, "A Follow-up Study of Alcoholic Inpatients by the Telephone Interview," Journal of the korean neuropsychlatric association, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 698-705, 1993.
- J. S. Kim et al, "Influence of alcoholic's insight on their abstinent outcomes for one year after discharge," Korean Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1052-1066, 2001.
- D. S. Choi, "A Study on the Actual Condition of Social Adaptation about the Alcohol Dependent Person Discharged from One Hospital" Information in Clinical Nursing Hanyang University, Master's Dissertation, p. 45, 2007.
- S. J. Kim, "Modeling relapse of Alcoholism : Male alcoholic in-patients of psychiatric ward," Seoul National University, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 141, 1996.
- H. S. Kwon, "Study of the Relapse Factors of Alcoholics with the Application of Grounded Theory," Silla University, Graduate School of Social Policy, Master's Dissertation, p. 104, 2002.
- S. H. Chai, "Predictive Psychological Factors for Relapse into Alcohol Dependence," Chonnam National University, Doctoral Dissertation, p. 128, 2005.
- S. B. Lim, "The Study on Relapse Factors of the Alcoholics," Journal of Social Welfare Development, vol. 15, no. 4, 2009.
- D. G. Shon, "A Study on the Relationship between the Factors and Frequency of Alcoholism Relapse Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Gender," Mental Health & Social Work vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 61-90, 2014.
- E. J. Bae, H. J. Sung, "The Relationship between Alcoholics' Adult Attachment, Social Support and the Risk of Relapse," Journal of Institute for Social Sciences, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 79-107, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.16881/jss.2014.10.25.4.79 https://doi.org/10.16881/jss.2014.10.25.4.79
- W. L. White, "The History of Recovered People as Wounded Healers: I. From Native America to the Rise of the Modern Alcoholism Movement," Alcoholism treatment quarterly, vol. 18, no. 1, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J020v18n01_01 https://doi.org/10.1300/J020v18n01_01
- K. S. Jung, "Study on ecological-system factors affecting alcoholics' recovery," Pusan National University, Master's Dissertation, p. 121, 2006.
- E. J. Park, "A Study on Psychosocial Factors Influencing Alcoholics' Recovery," Daegu University, Master's Dissertation, p. 51, 2010.
- S. K. Seong, J. J. Lee, H. O. Kim, G. H. Lee, "Effectiveness of Inpatient Treatment Program on the Insight and Satisfaction of Alcoholics," Journal of Korean academy of addiction psychiatry, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 20-29, 2002.