- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on The Photosynthesis Accelerate by Light Color Composition in Plant Factory
식물공장 광원의 색조합에 따른 광합성활성화에 관한 연구
- Hong, Ji-Wan (Division of Architecture, Silla University)
- 홍지완 (신라대학교 건축학부)
- Received : 2016.09.19
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study examined the criteria for efficient LEDs used throughout the experiment of an LED with another light color growth to be used in a plant factory. The experiment was confirmed by measuring the Red-LED, Blue-LED, plant growth, and amount of carbon reduction in a White-LED environment. The white-LED showed a similar growth trend to the Red-LED. Blue-LED showed the lowest growth. Measurements of the carbon dioxide levels, showed that the Red-LED and blue LED produced the lowest levels. The combination of the ratio of the LED showed four Red-LEDs and one blue LED to be the higher of the two. In addition, three Red-LED and one Blue-LED produced equal growth to that of the white-LED. In addition, as much as possible, red is the light color that obtains the result suitable for plant factories.
Architecture Plan;Artificial Lighting;LED Lighting Color;Plant Factory;Photosynthesis
- Jong Won Lee, "Overseas Smart Agriculture Case", World Agriculture, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 2016.
- Hyun Hwan Kim, "Study on Environment Optimization in a Plant Factory Using Artificial Light", Rural Development Adminstration, 2014.
- Young Chul Um, "Research on the Establishment of High Quality Vegetables Production Techniques for the Industrialization of Plant Factories and Their On-Spot Demonstration Abroad", Rural Development Adminstration, 2014.
- Kong In Lee, "On-farm Research of Element Technologies for Plant Factory", Rural Development Adminstration, 2016.
- Han Sung Koo, Jea Hong Min, Joo Young Park, "Servey of ICT-Agriculture : 2015 Electronics and Telecommunications Trend", Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, 2015.
- Masamoto TAKATSUJI, "The Development to a Plant Factory", J. SHUTA, 24(3), pp. 163-166, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2525/shita.24.163 https://doi.org/10.2525/shita.24.163
- Masamoto TAKATSUJI, "Full Control Plant Farm", pp. 24-37, OHMSHA, 2007.
- Masamoto TAKATSUJI, "The Basis and Practiest for Plant Factories", Shokabo, pp. 38-45, 1996.
- Masamoto TAKATSUJI, Yasuhiro MORI, "LED Plant Farm", pp. 32-33, Nikankougyou Shimbun, 2011.
- Jung Eek Son, Jong Hwa Shin, Tae In Ahn, "Quantitative Measurement of Carbon Dioxide Consumption of a Whole Paprika Plant Using a Large Sealed Chamber", Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 211-216, 2011.
- Jung Eek Son, Mi Kyung Cha, Ju Sung Kim, Jong Hwa Shin, Young Yul Jo, "Practical Design of an Artificial Light-Used Plant Factory for Common Ice Plant", Protected horticulture and Plant Factory, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 371-375, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2014.23.4.371
- Jung Eek Son, Jong Suk Park, Han Young Park, Analysis of Carbon Dioxide Changes in Urban-type Plant Factory System, Horticulture Environment and Biotechnology, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 205-208, 1994.
- Bo Gyoung Gim, Wan Jik Lee, Seok Yeol Heo, "Construction of a Testbed for Ubiquitous Plant Factory Monitoring System Using Artificial Lighting, Korean Institute of Information Technology, Proceeding of KIIT summer Conference, pp. 272-275, 2010.
- Mi Kyung Cha, Ju Hyun Cho, Young Yeol Cho, "Growth of Lettuce as Affected by Light Quality of LED in Closed-Type Plant Factory System", The Korean Society for Bio-Environment Control, Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 291-297, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2013.22.4.291 https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2013.22.4.291
- Yeong-Cheol Um, Sang Seok Oh, Jun Gu Lee, Seoung Yu Kim, Yoon Ah Jang, "The Development of Container-type Plant Factory and Growth of Leafy Vegetables as Affected by Different Light Sources", The Korean Society for Bio-Environment Control, Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 333-342, 2010.
- Jea Su Kim, Jea Hyun Lim, "A Design of Intelligent Plant Factory Control Structure Based on Ontology for Growth Environment", Korean Society for Internet Information, summer Conference, pp. 107-108, 2010.
- Kwang Kyu Seo, Young shik Kim, Jong Sup Park, "Design of Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System Based Automatic Control System for Integrated Environment Management of Ubiquitous Plant Factory", Journal of Bio-Environment control, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 169-175, 2011.
- Gye Jea Lim, "A Design of IT-Convergence Plant Factory System Using the Renewable Energy", The Journal of The Koreaa Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 769-779. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.4.769
- Yong Woong Lee, Beom Seok Seo, Chan Woo Kim. Kyung Hee Kim, Yang Ho Park, "Implementation of Facility Management System for Plant Factory", Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 141-151, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2011.16.2.141
- Ji Hwan Yoon, Bong Jo Ryu, Young Shik Kim, "Thermal Flow Characteristics of a Hybrid Plant Factory with Multi-layer Cultivation Shelves", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 7990-8000, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7990 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7990
- Dong Yoon Park, Seong Teak Jang, Seong Ju Chang, "Numerical Study on the Thermal Environment of a Natural Light Based Multi-layered", Journal of the Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 43-50, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12813/kieae.2013.13.5.043
- Rural Development Administration, Agricultural Information, www.rda.or.kr, (Accessed 2016.01.25.)
- David O. Hall, Krishna Rao, "Photosynthesis : 6 edition ", cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Toyoki Kozai, Genhua Niu, "Plant Factory : An Indoor Vertical Farming System for Efficient Quality Food Production", Academic Press, 2015.
- Christopher H. Sloper, "The LED Grow Book : Better. Easied. Less Watts", Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
- John Golbeck, Art Van der Est, "The Biophysics of Photosynthesis : Biophysics for the Life Sciences", Springer, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1148-6
- Yojo IWANAMI, "World of Photosynthesis", KODANSHA, 2014.
- Kozai TOYOKI, "Artificial Light use type Plant Factory", World Science, 2015.