- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Social Commerce Service Quality and Service Provider Physical Environment on the Social Commerce Loyalty -Focused on the Social Commerce for Group Purchase-
소셜커머스 서비스품질과 서비스제공 업체의 물리적환경이 소셜커머스 충성도에 미치는 영향 -공동구매형 소셜커머스를 중심으로-
- Choi, Tae-Ho (Dept. of Distribution Management, Catholic of University in Pusan) ;
- Yun, Dae-Hong (The Research Institute of Knowledge Service and Consulting, Dong-A University) ;
- Ock, Jung-Won (Dept. of Distribution Management, Catholic of University in Pusan)
- Received : 2016.08.09
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study examines the effects of social commerce service quality and the service provider's physical environment on customer loyalty based on trust and satisfaction. Study results are as follows: First, correlation analysis results for social commerce service quality and social commerce trust find that informativity and interactivity exert statistically significant effects on social commerce trust. Second, service provider's physical environment and service provider satisfaction correlation analysis results demonstrate cleanliness, ambience, and interactivity exert statistically significant effects on service provider satisfaction. Lastly, the correlation between social commerce trust, service provider satisfaction, and social commerce loyalty, was statistically significant. Results of this study are expected to provide general understanding of group purchase decisions in social commerce and to provide value input in strategy development for social commerce with respect to group purchase and service provider.
Social Commerce Service Quality;Service Provider Physical Environment;Social Commerce Trust;Service Provider Satisfaction;Social Commerce Loyalty
- B. N. Park, Study on how Perceptions of Service Quality Affect Severity of Service Failure and Decisions to Repurchase or Revisit, Catholic University of Pusan, Master's thesis, 2013.
- K. J. Shin, Determinants of Group-Buy Type Social Commerce User Satisfaction and Consumer Behavior Research after the Purchase, Chonnam National University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2016.
- J. K. Goo, The Spread of Mobile Shopping and Changes of Distribution Industry, KIET Industrial Economic Review, 2015.
- K. H. Ahn, S. H. Han, N. H. Chung, and Y. K. Lee, The Structural Relationships among Customer Trust, Satisfaction, and Loyalty in Social Commerce Context: Focusing on Social Commerce Providers, Journal of Commodity Science and Technology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 145-161, 2012.
- Seoul Electronic Commerce Center, Using State Survey of Social Commerce, 2011.
- S. H. Kim, H. S. Park, and G. A. Kim, A Empirical Study on the Factors Influencing the Trust of Social Commerce, Journal of Business Research, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 95-121, 2011.
- S. H. Choi, S. Y. Lee, On the Factors that affect Customers' Satisfaction in Social Commerce, Knowledge Management Research, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 165-182, 2014.
- Stephen, A. T., and Toubia, O., Deriving Value from Social Commerce Networks, Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 215-228, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.47.2.215 https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.47.2.215
- J. H. Kim, B. K. SUng, and S. H. Boo, The Influence of Usefulness, Convenience & Privacy Threats on Accepting Online Behavioral Advertising: Focused on Consumer's Psychological Response & Perceived Controllability, Advertising Research, pp. 263-302, 2011.
- K. T. Lee, D. M. Koo, and M. J. Noh, The Effect of Customer Perceived Value on Social Commerce Usage Intention, Asia Marketing Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 135-161, 2010.
- G. S. Jin, J. H. Lee, Service Quality Factors Affecting Satisfaction and Repurchase Intention of Social Commerce, Journal of The Korea Contents Association, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 311-321, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.311
- Y. K. Choi, S. H. Kim, and Y. T. Song, A Study on Marketing Strategy of Social Commerce Using Analysis of Customer Satisfaction, Korean Journal of Business Administration, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 2255-2269, 2012.
- M. S. Kim, and J. M. Park, A Study on the Structural Relationship among Social Commerce Site Users' Motivation, Participation, Trust, and Behavioral Intention", Korean Strategic Marketing Association, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 157-179, 2013.
- Marsden, pp., Group-Buy Comes to Facebook, in Social Commerce Today, 2010.
- E. M. Lee, Social Commerce Global Business Trends, Information Society Development: KISDI, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 38-39, 2011.
- Lovelock, C. H., Why Marketing Management Needs to be Different for Services, Marketing Science International, pp. 72-76, 1981.
- J. K. Shon, Y. A. Park, A Study on Effects of Service Quality and Usage Review of Smartphone 'Majib' Application on User Satisfaction and Reuse Intention, Journal of Marketing Studies, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1-26, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2013.765668
- D. H. Cheon, J. Y. Sang, A study on How E-Service Quality of Low Cost Airlines will Affec Customer's Satisfaction and Trust, Commitment and Loyalty, Journal of Tourism Reserch, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 433-454, 2011.
- Bitner, M. J., Evaluating Service Encounters: The Effects of Physical Surroundings and Employee Responses, The Journal of Marketing, pp. 69-82, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1251871
- Parasuraman, A., Berry, L. L., & Zeithaml, V. A., More on Improving Service Quality Measurement, Journal of Retailing, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 140-147, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(05)80007-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(05)80007-7
- X. M. Qiiao, An Effect of e-SEVQUAL of Social Commerce Site on Customer Loyalty of Social Commerce Tenant: Focusing on Trust Transfer, Kyonggi University, Master's thesis, 2015.
- B. G. Chun, Y. M. Roh, The Influence of Physical Environment Perception on Restaurant Patrons' Attitude Formation: The Mediating Role of Emotional Responses, Korean Journal of Food Culture, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 438-445, 2005.
- Lehtinen, J. R., Customer Oriented Service System. Service Management Institute, Finland, Helsinki, 1983.
- H. J. Park, A Study of Physical Environment Effect of the Coffee Store on Brand Image, Kyonggi University, Master's thesis, 2011.
- Y. J. Yi, Service Marketing(4ed), Seoul: Hakhyunsa, 2009.
- H. J. Kim, The Influence of Airscape on Customer Satisfaction, Relationship Quality and Loyalty - focused on Airline Industry -, Kyunghee University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2010.
- E. J. Kim, A Study on the Relationship between Physical Environment, Brand Image and Brand Loyalty in Airlines, Keimyung University, Master's thesis, 2015.
- Everard, A., D. F. Galletta, Effect of Presentation Flaws on Perceived Quality of On-Line Stores' Web Sites What Makes All the Difference: The Actual Presence of a Flaw or the Perception of a Flaw?, J. Management Inform. Systems, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 56-95, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2753/MIS0742-1222220303 https://doi.org/10.2753/MIS0742-1222220303
- Stewart, K. J., Zhang, Y, Effects of Hypertext Links on Trust Transfer, In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Electronic Commerce, pp. 235-239, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/948005.948037
- Oliver, R. L., Swan, J. E., Equity and disconfirmation perceptions as influences on merchant and product satisfaction, Journal of consumer research, pp. 372-383, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209223
- J. Heo, Effect of Perceived Service Quality of Professional Baseball Spectators on Behavior after Customers' Purchase, Dankook University, Master's thesis, 2003.
- Kline, R. B, Principles and Practices of Structural Equation Modeling, New Yotk: Guilford, 1998.