- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Seocho Borough Pavement Condition Evaluation Model based on Seoul Metropolitan SPI
서울시도 SPI를 활용한 서초구 도로포장상태 평가모형 개발
- Lee, Sang-Yum (Construction Information Engineering, Induk University) ;
- Park, Mi-Youn (Research Center, S.H Tech & Policy Institute) ;
- Kim, Kyoon-Tai (Construction System Research Center, Korea Institute of Civil engineering and building Technology)
- Received : 2016.10.13
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Adapting the maintenance criteria of Seoul City pavement is not applicable for borough pavement due to differences between the pavement of Seoul city and the borough, such as priority of maintenance, traffic volume, thickness of pavement, and pavement deterioration rate by distresses. To develop an efficient and reasonable evaluation method of the Seocho borough pavement condition within a limited budget, this study suggested the borough pavement condition evaluation model based on the PMS (Pavement Management System) of Seoul Metropolitan SPI (Seoul Pavement Index). The SPI was modified to predict the remaining life and determine the proper maintenance method for the pavement in Seocho borough. This was suggested to reflect the rate of the designed performance life and field performance life of pavement as well as the pavement condition at the stage of the completion of construction. Primary variables, such as crack, rutting and IRI in the final model affect the overall performance life due to their even composition. Therefore, the suggested model considering the lowered criteria, design performance factor, and construction factor can be used for the more efficient maintenance of Seocho borough pavement.
Crack;IRI(International Roughness Index);PMS(Pavement Management System);Rutting;SPI(Seoul Pavement Index)
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원, 한국건설기술연구원
- Seoul Statistics. Seoul Statistic road status table [Internet]. Seoul statistics[cited 2015 March] From: http://stat.seoul.go.kr/octagonweb/jsp/WWS7/WWSDS7100.jsp (accessed Oct., 20, 2015)
- Y. S. Bae, S. I. Shin, "Development of Integrated Pavement Management Policies in Seoul" Seoul Development Institute, pp. 63-64, 2011.
- J. B. Park, Y. J. Lee, M. J. Lee, "Basic Study of the Improvement of Maintenance Process for Efficient Highway Pavement Management", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, pp. 6933-6934, nov. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.11.6932
- B. S. Ohm. "Development of Correlation Models between Pavement Condition Indices and Improvement of Decision Tree for Selecting Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Alternatives", Department of Transportation Engineering Graduate School of Hanyang University, pp. 15-16, June 2016.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government, Report of Seoul Metropolitan Government Pavement Management System Project, pp. 80-94, June 2007.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government, Final report of Seoul Metropolitan Government pavement condition evaluation project, pp. 45-48, Feb. 2013.
- Ministry of land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, "Pavement Structural Design guide", p. 253, nov. 2011.
- K. H. Lee "The Permanent Deformation of Asphalt Pavement by Artificial Neural Networks", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, p. 3101, Aug. 2010.