- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Study on Solar Tracker Control Method using AC Motor and CdS Sensor
AC 모터 및 CdS 센서를 이용한 태양 추적 장치 제어 방법에 관한 연구
- Kim, Bo-Heon (Division of Computer Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Hwang-Rae (Division of Computer Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2016.05.27
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Recently, the solar tracker has been used to improve the efficiency of solar energy. Solar tracking technologies are classified into the sensor-based method, the program-based method, and the hybrid method. Solar trackers using an AC motor and CdS sensor are low in cost, but the precision of the positions is low, owing to the inertia of the motor and the scattering of sunlight. To compensate for the low precision, we implement a CdS sensor module and propose an AC motor control method using error value. To evaluate the performance of the solar tracker, we implemented a solar water heater. From the experimental results, the solar tracker can achieve
Solar energy;Solar tracker;CdS sensor;AC motor;Solar water heater
- T. J. Lho, M. Y. Park, S. H. Lee, "A Study on an Implementation of Control Panel of Sun Trackers and Monitoring System for Photovoltaic Generation Plants," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 3161-3167, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.9.3161 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.9.3161
- G. H. Kim, "Designed of Intelligent Solar Tracking System Using Fuzzy State-Space Partitioning Method," The journal of the Korea Institute of Maritime Information & Communication Sciences, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 2072-2078, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2072 https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.10.2072
- D. S. Song, J. H. Lim, "A Study on Solar Tracking Control For Improving the Efficiency of Photovoltaic Power Generation," journal of Research Institute of Advanced Technology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 9-16, 2006.
- G. H. Lee, H. S. Lee, "The Precise Tracking of Sun for Efficient Usage of Solar Energy," The Bulletin of Science Education, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 57-63, 2008.
- J. H. Ahn, J. H. Kim, S. J. Cho, Y. S. Ha, "A Study on the Implementation of Sunlight Tracking and Reflecting System Using CdS Sensor Array and Fuzzy PID," Journal of the Research Institute of Industrial Technology, vol. 18, pp. 179-190, 2001.
- M. G. SIM, "Designed of The Movable Tracking System Using CdS Sensor," Master's Thesis, Dongyang University, 2011.
- Y. C. Park, K. Y. Kim, "Computation of Sun Position For Sun Tracking System," Research Bulletin of Seoul National University of Technology, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 265-273, 1998.
- B. H. Kim, "A Study on the Efficient Software Control of Industrial Equipment using Multi-thread," Master's Thesis, Kongju University, 2013.
- N. C. Baek, "solar heat collector and water heater certificate system," Magazine of Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 3-9, 2005.
- Internet site : http://cafe.naver.com/selfmadecenter/1704 (accessed May, 15, 2016)