- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Implementation a of data repeating system using solar charging and develop algorithm for data repeating in the pasture
산지초지에서 한우 활동량 정보 수집을 위한 데이터 중계 알고리즘 및 시스템 구현
- Kim, Suc-Jun (Innobis) ;
- Kim, Jong-Won (Department of Electromechanical Convergence Engineering, KOREATECH) ;
- Kim, Chun-Su (Innobis)
- Received : 2016.09.20
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
In the paper, we propose a data transmission repeating system that allows data transmission for the effective supervision of cows grazing in the pasture. It is normal practice to divide the pasture into different areas for the purpose of distributing the grazing. However, this makes it difficult to supply electrical power and transmit data, because some of the pastures are far away from the office used for collecting data. To solve this problem, we developed a repeating system that can allow data transmission in the pasture using a solar charging system that consists of a 60W solar panel, 12V/100A battery and 6A solar controller for the power supply and a data transmission algorithm which extends the range of data transmission when using the proposed repeating system. We verified the performance of the repeating system by checking whether the data transmission is successful or not when transmitting from various test points when there is an obstacle between the receiver and repeating system. We also verified the solar charging system by measuring the battery voltage when the system is operated continuously for 31 days and whether the system can supply sufficient power when the weather is cloudy or rainy for a few days. Finally, we verified the performance of the repeating system and data transmission algorithm by conducting experiments in a pasture.
cow management;data transmission;gazing in the pasture;repeater;repeating system;solar
Supported by : 농촌 진흥청
- Min Yoon, et al., "Design and Implementation of an Advanced Cattle Shed Management System using a Infrared Wireless Sensor nodes and Surveillance Camera," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 22-34, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.022
- Bong-ki Son, et al, "Cattle Shed Monitoring System based on Behavioral Characteristics of Hanwoo," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 395-404, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2014.12.8.4.395 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2014.12.8.4.395
- Yang-beom Kim et al., "Development of Cattle Bio-Information Collection Terminal Based of IoT," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 92-100, 2016.
- Yun-jeong Kang et al., "Cattle Bio-information Monitoring System Based on Context Awareness," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 92-100, 2012. https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2012.06.6.2.92
- Hyun-gi Kim, et al., "Design and Implementation of Livestock Disease Forecasting System," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1263-1270, 2012.
- Suc-june Kim et al., "Implementation of unmanned cow estrus detection system for improving impregnation rate," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 6236-6246, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6236 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6236
- Gyeong-Nam Kim, "Guide for raising Korean cow," pp. 86-90, MAFRA, RDA, NH, 2002.
- Kwang-Soo Baek, et al., "The Accuracy Analysis and Applied Field Research of a Newly Developed Automatic Heat Detector in Dairy Cow," Reproductive & Developmental Biology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 395-398, 2011.
- Saacke, R.G., et al., "Relationship of seminal traits and insemination time to fertilization rate and embryo quality," Anim. Reprod. Sci., vol. 60-61, no. 2, pp. 663-677, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4320(00)00137-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4320(00)00137-8
- Hong-kyu Kim, et al., "Cattle Shed Management System Based on Wireless Sensor Network with Bio and Environmental Sensors," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 573-586, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.7.573