- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of Public Health Center Hypertension Health School Program on Hypertension-related Knowledge, Self-care Behavior, Quality of life and Physiological Parameters in Hypertensive patients
보건소 고혈압 건강교실 프로그램이 고혈압 환자의 고혈압관련 지식, 자가간호행위, 삶의 질 및 생리적 지수에 미치는 영향
- Chang, Koung-Oh (Department of Nursing Science, Youngsan University)
- 장경오 (영산대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.08.09
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of health program s on hypertension in a public health center located in Y-si. Most interesting were the effects on hypertension-related knowledge, self-care behavior, quality of life, and physiological parameters for hypertensive patients. Nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design was employed. A total of 48 patients with hypertension living in Y-si were assigned to either the experimental group (n=23) or the control group (n=25). The experimental group was provided with an 8-week health program on hypertension between August 31 and October 23 in 2015. Data were analyzed with SPSS/WIN 21.0 using descriptive statistics,
Health school;Hypertension;Self-care behavior;Quality of life
Supported by : 영산대학교
- H. S. Kang, W. O. Kim, J. W. Kim, M. J. Wang, J. H. Cho, "Development and effect of east-west self-help group program for rehabilitation of post-stroke clients: a preliminary study," Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 37-48, 2004.
- H. J. Lee, "The effects of hypertensive education on knowledge, self-efficacy, self-care behavior in clients with coronary artery disease," Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon, 2007.
- Y. J. Kim, "The effect of silverrobic exercise program on self-efficacy, self-care behaviors and blood pressure in the hypertensive elderly," Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Daejeon, 2009.
- O. J. Lee, "The effect of self-care program for hypertension outpatients in a general hospital," Unpublished master's thesis, Chon Buk National University, Daegu, 2009.
- S. O. Eum, "The effect of health coaching programs on self-efficacy, health behaviors, and quality of life in hypertensive elderly women living in poverty," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, 2014.
- M. Y. Gi, Y. H. Park, "The effect of hypertension self-help program on hypertension-related knowledge, self-efficacy, self-management compliance and physiological parameters in workers," The Journal of Korean Occupation Health Nursing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1-9, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.1 http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.1 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.1
- N. H. Park, "The effect of self-help programs for hypertensives in community areas," Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 207-219, 2003.
- K. H. Kang, "Health incentive program and hypertensive patients' blood pressure control," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 9 pp. 4388-4393, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4388 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4388
- M. S. Song, S. H. Kim, "Effects of a transtheoretical model based exercise behavior improving program on blood pressure and physical activity for older adults with hypertension," The Korea Contents Association, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 364-377, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.12.364
- K. O. Chang, "The relationship among health habits, perceived health status and knowledge related to hypertension and medication compliances of hypertensive elderly," Unpublished master's thesis, Busan: Catholic University, Busan, 2003.
- E. S. Min, "The knowledge, health belief and compliance of hypertensive patients," Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University, Daejeon, 2011.
- Y. H. Lee, "A study on the development and effects of slides/Tape program for the hypertensive patients' self-care," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 696-708, 1995.
- EuroQoL Group, "EuroQul-a new facility for the measurement of health related quality of life," Health Police, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 199-208, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-8510(90)90421-9
- J. W. Shin, Y. K. Park, S. R. Suh, J. E. Kim, "Factors influencing quality of life in elderly diabeticpatients of korea: Analysis from the Korea national health and nutrition examination survey in 2008," Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 31(3.), pp. 479-481, 2011.
- E. J. Jung. Kwon, J. S. S. H. Ahn, S. M. Son, "Blood pressure, sodium intake and dietary behavior changes by session attendance on salt reduction education program for pre-hypertensive adults in a public health center," Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 626-643, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2013.18.6.626 https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2013.18.6.626
- S. J. Lee, "Compliance with low-salt diet and related factors in essential hypertension patients," Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, 1998.
- J. S. Chung, S. O. Lee, "The effect of disease management program for hypertensive patient," Journal of Korean Academy Society Nursing Education, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 321-331, (2014) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne2014.20.2.321 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.2.321
- H. T. Jung, N. K. Bae, Y. C. Cho, “Serial change of blood pressure level of hypertensive patients admitted to the case management program,” Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 1912-1920, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1912
- I. H. Choi, B. C. Yu, "Effect of the case management program for hypertention patients in busan and gyeongsangam-do," Journal of Kosin Medical, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 79-84, 2008.
- H. K. Choi, N. S. Kim, H. S. Kim, "Effects of water exercise on physical fitness, pain and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis," Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 55-65, 2009.
- M. J. Ko, E. S. Im, Y. J. Han, G. S. Kang, "Effect of an aquatic exercise program an physical fitness, body composition and quality of life in elderly women," Journal of East-West Nursing Researc, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 9-17, 2009.
- H. S. Lee, The Influence of the gym-ball exercise program on the health fitness strengt hand life quality of the old female. Unpublished master's thesis, Daegu University, Daegu, 2006.
- J. Y. Hwang, "Impact of health educationon prevention and management behavior in hypertension patient," Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University, Daejeon, 2013.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare & Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Korea health statistics 2013: Korea national health and nutrition examination survey(KNHANES VI-1)," Seoul; 2014.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, 2013 Health Behavior and Chronic Disease Statistics, 2014.
- World Health Organization (WHO), "Programmes and projects cardiovascular disease, Strategic priorities," Website http://www.hoint/cardiovascular_diseases/prioorities/en/indexhtml, 2013.
- P.M. Ho, J. S. Rumsfeld, "Beyond inpatientand outpatient care: alternative model for hypertension management," BMC PublicHealth, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 25, 2006.
- P. A. Heiderreich, J. G. Trogdon, O. A. Khavjou, J. Bulter, K. Dracup, M. D. Ezekowitz et al., "Forecasting the future of cardiovascular disease in the united states: a policy statement from the american heart association," Circulation, 123, pp. 933-11, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31820a55f5 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31820a55f5
- Y. M. Ah, "Evaluation of antihypertensive medication use and persistence using national health insurance claims data," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2016.
- K. A. Son, Y. S. Kim, M. H. Hong, M. A. Jeong, "Analysis of the medication compliance of hypertensives and its influential factors," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 1897-1904, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1897 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1897
- A. McDonald, K. C. Maki, M. H., "Davidson Dylipidemia and hypertension, In: Cardiovascular nutrition: Strategies and tools for disease management and prevention," Edited by KrisEtgerton P, Burns JH. Am Diet Assoc, 11: 1243-1258, 1998.
- M. Mesbah, B. F. Cole, M. T. Lee, "Statistical methods for quality of life studies. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers," 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-3625-0
- M. V. D. Carvalho, L. B. Siqueira, A. L. L. Sousa, P. C. B. V. Jardim, "The influence of hypertension on quality of life," Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia, vol. 100, no. 2, 164-174, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5935/abc.20130030 https://doi.org/10.5935/abc.20130030
- N. Y. Kang, "Effect on the quality of life of health qigong program for community health promotion," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Myongji University, Seoul, 2007.
- Y. J. Song, D. K. Kwon, J. Y. Lee, "Effect of exercise program of public health center on diabetes and hypertension," Korea Sport Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 75-80, 2005.