- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Work Stress and Coping Type of Nurses in Hospital
병원 간호사의 직무스트레스와 대처유형
- Lee, Young-Mee (Dept. of Nursing, Kangwon National University)
- 이영미 (강원대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2016.10.25
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the stress from work and stress coping methods of hospital nurses. The study design was a descriptive survey research. There were a total of 168 hospital nurses included in this study. Data were analyzed by t test, ANOVA (Sheffe's test), and Pearson's correlation coefficient using SPSS/WIN17.0. The stress level from work was 4.27 and stress coping methods was 2.67. Marital status was positively correlated with education level, current department, career duration, and current position. The education level was positively correlated with career period and current position. Current position was positively correlated with stress coping methods. A further follow-up study on nurses in hospital is necessary to relieve stress from work and to increase better stress coping methods. Moreover, to decrease the stress from work of nurses, it is necessary to develop a program that helps them to cope with stress. In addition, these findings contribute to the development of such program.
hospital;nurse;program;stress coping type;work stress
- M. O. Ku, M. J. Kim. "The development of the stress measurement tool for staff nurses working in the hospital." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 28-37, 1984.
- K. S. Oh, J. S. Han. "Stressful Life Events, Health Symptoms, Social Support and Coping/in Early Adolescents," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 414-429, 1990.
- M. J. Kang. "The relationship between coping types, job stress and health status of clinical nurses," Unpublished master's thesis, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, 2012.
- K. S. Yoon. "A study on the job stress and coping of emergency nurses. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, 2003.
- H. Y. Park. Job stress and coping measures of nurses in the national general hospitals. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungshin University, Seoul, 2010.
- Y. O. Kim. The factors of job stress and coping type of nurses in operation room. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Seoul, 2006.
- Y. M. Kim, s. Y. Yoon, "A Study of Ethical to improve Nurse's Ethical Value, Job Satisfaction," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 277-285, May, 2016. OI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.05.39
- J. U. Park. "The Relationship between Job Stress and Burnout of Psychiatric Nurses," Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 2007.
- E. Y. Hong). "A study on Typology of Stress coping Strategies of Emergency room nurses," Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2004.
- C. S. Park., I. S. Suh., J. A. Oh., E. S. Choi. "Sense of coherence and coping resources of working nurses at hospital," Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 348-358, 2001.
- Lazarus, R. S., Folkman, S. Stress, Appraisal and Coping. New York: Springer. Pub. Co.1984.
- H. M. Kim., & S. C. Lee. "A study on stress, anxiety and coping of security agents," Korean Association for Public Security Administration, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 157-177, 2010.
- B. R. Kim, & Y. S. Park. "The moderating effect of teachers' stress management in relation to work environment with job engagement and burnout respectively." Korean Journal of Stress Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 199-208, 2012.
- H. Kim. "Job stress, coping type, and job satisfaction in firefighters," Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 323-330, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2015.24.4.323 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2015.24.4.323
- Sang-Young Park, Sung-Je Cho, "Study of Job Stress news agency reporter about the relationship between coping strategies and the impact on physical symptoms," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 253-262, Oct. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.10.07 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.10.07
- En-Young Lee, Sung-je Cho, "Relationship between job satisfaction and psychological exhaustion of coping Child Care Teacher (0 Ulsan District center)," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 249-256, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.04.15 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.04.15
- Hye Young Choi, "Burnout and Health Status among General Employees," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 143-153, June 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.06.21
- B. Y. Kim. "Job stress and related factors of nurses in a general hospital." Unpublished master's thesis, Kwandong University, Gangneung, 2009.
- M. S. Kim(2001). "A Study on th Relationship between Job Stress and Health Promoting Behavior among University Hospital Nurses," The Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 153-163, 2001.