- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on Efficient Tamper Detection of Digital Image
디지털 영상의 효율적인 변형 검출에 관한 연구
- Woo, Chan-Il (Dept. of Information and Communication Engineering, Seoil University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Dae (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Namseoul University)
- Received : 2016.08.10
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Digital watermarking is a technique used to hide information within digital media. Digital watermarking techniques can be classified as either robust watermarking or fragile watermarking. Robust watermarking techniques are generally used for the purpose of copyright protection. In addition, fragile watermarking techniques are used for the authentication and integrity verification of a digital image. Therefore, fragile watermarks should be easily breakable for trivial tampering of a watermarked image. This paper proposes an efficient fragile watermarking method for image tamper detection in the spatial domain. In the proposed method, a hash code and symmetric key encryption algorithm are used. The proposed method of inserting a watermark by dividing the original image into many blocks of small sizes is not weak against attacks, such as cut and paste. The proposed method can detect the manipulated parts of a watermarked image without testing the entire block of the image.
Authentication;Encryption;Fragile;Watermarking;Hash Function;Tamper Detection
Supported by : 서일대학교
- P. W. Wong, "A Public Key Watermark for Image Verification and Authentication," Proc. of IEEE Conference on Image Processing, pp. 425-429, 1998.
- P. L. Lin, C. K. Hsieh, P. W. Huang, "A hierarchical digital watermarking method for image tamper detection and recovery" Pattern Recognition 38, pp. 2519-2529, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/i.patcog.2005.02.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2005.02.007
- G. Kaur, K. Kaur, "Image Watermarking using LSB," International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 858-861, April 2013.
- C. M. Wu, Y. S.Shin, "A Simple Image Tamper Detection and Recovery Based on Fragile Watermarkwith One Parity Section and Two Restoration Sections," Optics and Photonics Journal 3, pp. 103-107, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/opi.2013.32B026 https://doi.org/10.4236/opj.2013.32B026
- H. Nyeem, W. Boles and C. Boyd, "Counterfeiting Attacks on Block-Wise Dependent Fragile Watermarking Schemes" Proc. of the 6th International Conference on Security of Information and Networks, ACM Press and Digital Library, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2523514.2523530
- C. I. Woo, S. D. Lee, "Digital Watermarking for Image Tamper Detection using Block-Wise Technique" International Journal of Smart Home, vol. 7, no. 5, pp.115-124, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ijsh.2013.7.5.12 https://doi.org/10.14257/ijsh.2013.7.5.12