- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The effects of Family Leisure Ritual and Positive·Negative Outcomes of Family Leisure Ritual on Marital Satisfaction with the Married
기혼자의 가족여가의례와 가족여가의례 후 긍정적·부정적 효과가 결혼만족도에 미치는 영향
- Bae, Jae-Hyun (Department of Early Childhood Education, Taegu Science University) ;
- Park, Se-Jeong (Department of Social Welfare&Childcare, Yeungnam University College)
- Received : 2016.10.14
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study investigated the effects of family leisure ritual and positive negative outcomes of family leisure ritual on marital satisfaction of the married. A survey questionnaire was completed by 216 married people. SPSS Win program was used to perform MANOVA and Hierarchical Regression Analysis. The main study findings are as follows. (1)In the family leisure rituals, the main activity was 'going out in the suburbs' and the main difficulty was 'lack of mutually available time for all family members'. (2)The family leisure ritual was significantly different according to age. Over 30 years participated in more family leisure ritual than over 50 years. The positive negative outcomes of family leisure ritual were significantly different according to gender. Men evaluated more positive outcomes of family leisure ritual than women whereas women evaluated more negative outcomes of family leisure ritual than men. (3)The family leisure ritual and positive negative outcomes of family leisure ritual affected marital satisfaction. This study indicated that it is necessary to make a positive outcome effort of family leisure ritual for increasing marital satisfaction in the married.
Family Leisure Ritual;Marital Satisfaction;Negative Outcomes of Family Leisure Ritual;Positive Outcomes of Family Leisure Ritual;The Married
- ChoSun-IlBo, 'Space Cut' Contest, Available From http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/05/23/2016052301735.html cited 2016 May 23.
- V. Bryson, Gender and the Politics of Time : Feminist Theory and Contemporary Debates, Bristol : The Policy Press, 2007.
- M. N. Jang, G. H. Han, A typology of dual-earner families using work-family-leisure time ratio and the differences in the daily emotional experiences between husbands and wives, Family and Culture, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 98-129, 2015. https://doi.org/10.21478/family.27.2.201506.004
- P. S. Kim, T. H. Kim, Family Relationship Adaptation by Leisure Activities and Leisure Satisfaction, Journal of family relations, vol. 9 no. 3, pp. 1-31, 2004.
- H. S. Byun, The Relationship between Leisure Activity and Family Stress, Family Cohesion among Married Women, Korean journal of physical education, vol. 39 no. 1, pp. 170-178, 2000.
- J. Y. Lee, A study on the family function, leisure constraint and leisure satisfaction : Focus on married employee, Journal of Leisure Studies, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 135-156, 2009.
- E. Y. Kim, J. Y, Park, A Study on the Satisfaction with Life and Family Role Salience Perception through Types of Family Rituals - Mainly for unmarried males and females, Korean Family Resource Management Association, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 105-124, 2013.
- H. S. Jung, G, S, Ryu, Family Relationship, 2006.
- S. M. Yung, H. S. Jung, Variables affecting the adjustment of marital Life and satisfaction of international marriage couple of rural in Korea, Journal of family relations, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 223-252, 2006.
- Y. J. Hong, S. J. Moon, K. O. Huh, The Effects of the Division of Household Labor in Couples and the Sense of Fairness on Marital Satisfaction, Family and Environment Research, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 345-358, 1997.
- H. S. Cho, The Effect of Conjugal Relationship in Middle and Old age on Marital Satisfaction: Focused on the Moderate Effect of Ego-Resilience, Journal of Life-span Studies, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1-19, 2013.
- H. J. Choi, D. S. Kim, The Relationship between Family Rituals and Marital Satisfaction for Wives, Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 111-124, 2009.
- M. G. Son, Special Issue : Policy of the city in low birth time, Urbanology, vol. 45 no. 501, pp. 22-26, 2010.
- S. H. Park, The relationship of martial empathy, intimacy and the leisure joint ownership intention of leisure application quality, emotional expressivity and the couple of the married women, Unpublished Doctoral dissertation, Kook-Min University, 2007.
- D. S. Ahn, J. W. Lee, The Effects of Leisure Activity Patterns to Marital Satisfaction of the Urban House Wives, Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 55-65, 1983.
- Y. B. Lee, Conjugal Role Sharing on Women's Marital Satisfaction, Korea Journal of Population Studies, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 103-131, 2010.
- B. J. Lim, H. S. Kim, The Relationship Between Types of Leisure Activity and Leisure Satisfaction Among College Students, Korean journal of physical education, vol. 35 no. 4, pp. 4480-4491, 1996.
- H. J. Cheon, Family Leisure Motivation and Outcomes of Family Leisure Activities, Korean Family Resource Management Association, vol. 8, no. 2, 2004.
- B. H. Fiese, Dimensions of family rituals across two generations : Relation to adolescent identity. Family Process, vol. 31, pp. 151-162, 1992. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1545-5300.1992.00151.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1545-5300.1992.00151.x
- H. J. Choi, The Relationships between Family Ritual and Marital Satisfaction of Wife, Unpublished Mater's thesis, Bu-San University, 2009.
- H. S. Jung, Research : Marital Relations : A Crithical Review and Development of Measurement, Family and Environment Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 191-204, 1997.
- J. S. Han, 'The Vacation of Seoulite and Leisure Culture Activity' Available From http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/newsRead.edy?SCD=JG31&DCD=A00703&newsid=01282486612719768 Edaily, cited 2016 July. 30.
- P. S. Kim, T. H. Kim, Family Relationship Adaptation by Leisure Activities and Leisure Satisfaction, Journal of family relations, vol. 9, no. 3, p.1-31, 2004.
- H. B. Lee, The Study for Desirable Use of Elderly People's Leisure, HONG-IK collection of dissertations, vol. 26, 1994.
- S. K. Han, S. O. Kim, Development of Parent Education for Family Leisure -Focus on the parent of adolescent, Family and Environment Research, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 35-61, 2008.
- S. W. Jang, H. J. Chung, J. Y. Lee, The Influence of Family-of-Origin Experiences and Marital Intimacy on Parent-Child Relation, Journal of family relations, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 93-111, 2011.
- G. S. Ryu, S. H. Kang, A. L. Oh, J. H. Lee, Effects of the Division of Household Labor on the Marital Satisfaction of the Husbands and Wives in Dual-Earner Families, Korean Family Resource Management Association, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 117-136, 2011.
- S. J. Kang, J. H. Choi, A Study on the Marital Satisfaction and Family Strengths of Rural Housewives, Journal of family relations, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 71-85, 2010.
- W. K. Bryant, Y. Wang, Time together, time apart : an analysis of wives solitary time and shared time with spouses, Journal of Family and Economic Issues, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 89-119, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00986943 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00986943
- L. S. Greenberg, P. S, James, R. F. Conry, Perceived change processes in emotionally focused couples therapy, Journal of Family Psychology, vol. 2, pp. 5-23, 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/h0080484 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0080484
- H. J. Ha, S. M. Kwon, Suggestions for psycho -therapeutic application of mindfulness meditation, Buddhism school newspaper, vol. 56, pp. 241-271, 2010.
- E. Kennedy-Moore, J. Watson, Expressing emotion. New York: Guilford Press, 1999.
- J. H. Kim, Y. J. Moon, The Impacts of Gender Role Attitudes on Marriage Life Satisfaction and Work Satisfaction among Women of Double Income Households: With a focus on the mediating effects of work-family conflict and work-family enhancement, Korean Family Resource Management Association, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 109-126, 2010.