- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Security Technique using SSH Tunneling for CCTV Remote Access
SSH 터널링을 이용한 CCTV 원격접속 보안기법
- HWANG, GIJIN (Division of Computing, Soongsil University) ;
- PARK, JAEPYO (Graduated School of Information Sciences, Soongsil University) ;
- YANG, SEUNGMIN (Division of Computing, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2016.08.19
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Video security has recently emerged as an important issue owing to CCTV video image spill accidents over the Internet. KISA recommends the use of encryption protocols for remote access through its guidelines for CCTV personal video information protection. But still, many products do not adhere to the guidelines, and those products are easily exposed to security threats, such as hacking. To solve these security vulnerabilities, this paper proposes a CCTV system that connects from remote locations, and is implemented by using secure shell (SSH) tunneling techniques. The system enhances security by transmitting encrypted data by using SSH. By using the tunneling technique, it also solves the problem of not being able to access a CCTV recorder located inside a firewall. For evaluation of the system, this paper compares various CCTV remote access schemes and security. Experimental results on the effectiveness of the system show it is possible to obtain remote access without a significant difference in transmission quality and time. Applying the method proposed in this paper, you can configure a system secure from the threats of hacking.
CCTV(Closed Circuit Television);Remote Access;Security;SSH;Tunneling
- KISA, "CCTV Personal Video Information Protection Guideline," http://www.kisa.or.kr, 2007.
- T.W. Seo, S.R. Lee, B.C. Bae, "An Analysis of Vulnerabilities and Performance on the CCTV Security Monitoring and Control," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp 93-100, Jan. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2012.15.1.093 https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2012.15.1.093
- TTA, "Security Requirements of the Video Surveillance System," http://www.tta.or.kr, 2012.
- Y.S. Won, S. H. Yun, "CCMP Packet design for security CCTV environment," The conference of Korea Communication Society, Dec. 2013.
- K.J. Bae, K.R. Lee, K.B. Yim, "Proxy Server Providing Multi-level Privileges for Network Cameras on the Video Surveillance System," Journal of Korea Internet Information Society, vol. 12, no. 2, pp 123-133, Apr. 2011.
- Y.D. Hwang, D.K. Park, "Design and Implementation of Android-based NVR System," The Journal of Korea Institute of Information Technology, Apr. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14801/jkiit.2016.14.4.109
- D.S. Kim, E. J. Yoon, "Study of Imaging Security Using Lightweight Cryptography and Data Hiding Technique on IoT," The conference of the institute of electronics and information engineers, pp 1791-1793, Jun. 2015.
- H.J. Kong, H.S.Chu, "Inter-PMIPv6-Domain Hand over Scheme Based on Tunneling," The conference of Korea Information Society, May 2009.
- Y.S. Ko, K.H. Park, C.S. Kim, "Problem Analysis and Countermeasures Research through Security Threat Cases of Physical Security Control System," The Journal of Korea Multimedia society, vol. 19, no. 1, January, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.1.051
- Kuwar Kuldeep V V Singh, Himanshu Gupta, "A New Approach for The Security of VPN," Proceedings of the Second International conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies, Mar. 2016.
- A study on operation efficacy and security improvement through structural modification of CCTV network for bansong water purification plant vol.32, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2018.32.2.193