- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development on Repair and Reinforcement Cost Model for Bridge Life-Cycle Maintenance Cost Analysis
교량 유지관리비용 분석을 위한 대표 보수보강 비용모델 개발
- Sun, Jong-Wan (Structural Eng. Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil Eng. and Building Tech.) ;
- Lee, Dong-Yeol (Structural Eng. Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil Eng. and Building Tech.) ;
- Park, Kyung-Hoon (Structural Eng. Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil Eng. and Building Tech.)
- Received : 2016.10.20
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Estimating the repair and reinforcement (R&R) costs for each bridge member is essential for managing the life cycle of a bridge using a bridge management system (BMS). Representative members of a bridge were defined in this study, and detailed and representative R&R methods for each one were drawn in order to develop a systematic maintenance cost model that is applicable to the BMS. The unit cost for each detailed R&R method was established using the standard of estimate and historical cost data, and a systematic procedure is presented using an integration program to enable easy renewal of the R&R unit cost. Also, the average unit cost of the representative R&R methods was calculated in the form of a weighted average by considering the unit cost and application frequency of each detained R&R method. The appropriateness of the drawn average unit cost was reviewed by comparing and verifying it with the previous historical unit cost. The suggested average R&R unit cost can be used to review the validity of the required budget or the appropriateness of the R&R performance cost in the stage to establish the bridge maintenance plan. The results of this study are expected to improve the reliability of maintenance cost information and the rationality of decision making.
Bridge Maintenance Cost;Bridge Repair and Reinforcement(R&R) Method;Repair and Reinforcement Cost Model;Life Cycle Management;Bridge Management System(BMS)
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, Developing Bridge Management System considering Life-Cycle Cost and Performance of Bridges, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2012.
- Korea Expressway Corporation, Guidelines for Life Cycle Cost Analysis of Highway Bridges, 2004.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Appraisal of Investment Guidelines For Transportation Facilities(5th Revision), 2013.
- Lee Yeon San, An Estimation of Repairing and Reinforcement Cost by the Bridge of Type 1 Facility, Pukyong National University, 2013.
- Paul D. Thompson, Richard W. Shepard, "AASHTO Commonly Recognized(CoRe) Bridge Elements," National Workshop on Commonly Recognized Measures for Maintenance, Scottsdale, Arizona, 2000.
- American Association of Highway nad Transportation Officials(AASHTO), AASHTO Bridge Element Inspection Guide Manual, 2010.
- Florida Department of Transportation, Development of Agency Maintenance, Repair & Rehabilitation (MR&R) Cost Data for Florida's Bridge Management System, 2001.
- Zanyar Mirzaei, Bryan T. Adey, Leo Klatter, and Paul D. Thompson, Overview of existing bridge management system, Bridge Management Committee, IABMAS, 2014.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation, Bridge and Tunnel Investigation and Record Manual(2005 Revision), 2005.
- Korea Infrastructure Safety and Technology Corporation, Detailed Guidelines for Safety Inspection and Precise Safety Diagnosis, 2009.
- Korea Expressway Corporation, A Study of LCC DB Improvement & System Application in Highway Design Stage, 2014.
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, Informatization Project on Bridge Management System for Gyeonggi-Do, 2016.