- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Application and Effect of the Five Dimensional Education -Focusing on Freshmen Student of College of Nursing-
5차원 전면교육 프로그램의 적용 및 효과 -간호대학 신입생을 대상으로-
- BAE, Ik-Lyul (Department of Nursing, Daejeon Institute Of Science And Technology) ;
- Heo, Myoung-Lyun (Department of Nursing, Kunsan College of Nursing) ;
- Ahn, Eun-kyong (Department of Nursing, Daejeon Institute Of Science And Technology)
- Received : 2016.09.26
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
This study was conducted to apply five dimensional education to help nursing students adjust to college life, decease study stress and to raise personal characters, and to check its effects on DQ, self-esteem, and self-efficacy. This study was designed with a single group and pre-and-post test. The program was designed to evenly improve the five dimensions of mental ability, physical ability, intellectual ability, self-management, and personal guide. The program was then run for a total of 28 sessions, twice a week. The program was applied from March to December 2014 and data were collected before the program and after its completion. The participants were 288 students who agreed to participate in the study among freshmen at a nursing college located in K city. The collected data were evaluated by frequency analysis, t-test, and ANOVA. The results revealed that self-esteem, self-efficacy and intellectual ability among DQ increased significantly. These findings suggest that the five dimensional education program enhances self-esteem and self-efficacy, thereby helping nursing students adjust to college life and to decrease study stress. To enhance the five dimensional education program to improve personal characteristics, it is necessary to increase sessions and supplement management inducing participation.
- S. H. Hong, K. S. Park, Study on Personality and Job Satisfaction of Nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 489-500, 2002.
- Association for Five Dimensional Education[AFDE], Reference Information [Ienternet].Dimension Education Learning method, Available From: http://www.diaedu.co.kr/(accessed January, 20, 2016)
- D. Y. Won. Five Dimension Education Learning method. Seoul: KimYoungSa, 2002.
- S. J. Whang. The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self - Efficacy, and Self - Esteem of Nursing College Students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 205-13, 2006.
- Seyedfatemi N, Tafreshi M, Hagani H. Experienced stressors and coping strategies among Iranian nursing students. BMC nursing, vol. 6, no. 1, 11, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1472-6955-6-11 https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6955-6-11
- Rosenberg M. Society and the adolescent self-image. 1965.
- M. W. Kim., J. M. Park., A. K. Han. Analysis of Curriculum of 4- year Nursing Schools. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 414-23, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.414 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.414
- Y. S. Kim, K. Y., Park, The Mediating Effect of Professionalism in the Relationship between Clinical Competence and Field Adaptation in Newly Graduated Nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 536-43, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.536 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.536
- J. E. Cha. Study for the general self-efficacy scale development. Seoul: Ewha woman's university, 1997.
- M. A. Shin. Effect of Volunteering, Self-esteem and Job-esteem on Major Satisfaction among Nursing Students. Journal of The Korea Contents Association, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1024-35, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.1024 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.1024
- H. J. Yang. The Self Esteem, Self Efficacy and Problem Solving Ability in Nursing Students. The Journal of Thinking Development, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 103-18, 2013.
- J. H. Oh. The influencing factors of Self-esteem and Major Satisfaction on College Adjustment among Nursing Students. Journal of The Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 873-84, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.873
- J. H. Kim. Comparative analysis of the Creator of education and training over the fifth dimension. 8. Education Journal created a single number, pp. 187-204, 2006.
- D. Y. Won. 5 Front-dimensional learning education. Seoul: KimYoungSa. 2000.
- B. J. Jeon. Self-esteem: A test of its measurabihty. Yeonseinonchong, vol. 11, pp. 107-29, 1974.
- H. J. Choi., E. J. Lee. Mediation Effects of Self-Efficacy between Academic Stress and College Adjustment in First Year Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 261-268, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.261 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.261
- S. H. Jang, M. Y. Lee. Relationship Between Stress, Self-efficacy and Resilience among Nursing Students. Joural of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 255-65, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.06.9.2.255 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.06.9.2.255
- S. O. Choi., J. K. Park., S. H. Kim. Factors Influencing the Adaptation to the College Life of Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 182-189, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182
- M. Kim., S. H. Cho., G. S. Jeon. Barriers and Strategies to Adaptation among Korean Male Nursing Students: A Systematic Review. The Korean journal of stress research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 109-119, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2014.22.3.109