- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Experimental Research on the Effect of the Number of Layers by Overlay Welding of Monel-Clad Pipe on Weldability
모넬(Monel)-Clad 파이프의 오버레이 용접 적층수가 용접성에 미치는 영향에 관한 실험적 연구
- Choi, Hyeok (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering in the Graduate School of Dong-A University) ;
- Park, Joon-Hong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering of Dong-A University)
- Received : 2016.07.05
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Overlay welding affects the chemical components and weld hardness by dilution of the lamination layer thickness, which determines the surface properties. This study experimentally investigates different numbers of layers for overlay welding monel materials, which are anti-corrosion materials. The Fe content, weldability of the base metal and monel materials, hardness, and surface flatness were examined. Each evaluation was carried out after overlay welding with three layers on the base material and pipe base material of the plate. The Fe content was evaluated by analyzing the constituents of each layer. The Fe content was satisfactory in the three layers. The weldability of the laminate specimens was evaluated by a bending test. The hardness and bead flatness of the laminate specimens were evaluated by micro Vickers and 3D measurements. The hardness was highest in the heat-affected zone with one layer, and it decreased with increasing lamination. In the case of bead flatness, there is a sharp difference in the deviation with increasing numbers of laminations, which should be considered carefully.
Clad pipe;The number of the layers;Monel;Overlay welding
Grant : 지역연고산업육성
Supported by : 동아대학교 산학협력단
- M. J. Moradi, M. Ketabchi, "An Experimental Study of Microstructure and Mechanical Behavior of Alloy 625 Weld Overlay Deposited on ASTM A516 Grade 70," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 8, 12, pp.1-6, Jun. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i12/70725
- E. R. Baek, J. Y. Jung, S. H. Ahn, "Trend of the Weld Surfacing Technology," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, 15, 5, pp.11-20, Oct. 1997.
- P. Elango, S. Balaguru, "Welding Parameters for Inconel 625 Overlay on Carbon Steel using GMAW," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 8, 31, pp. 1-5, Nov. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/84309
- H. C. Yoo, "Recent Study of Overlay Welding on Welding methods," Journal of he Korean Welding and Joining Society, 31, 1, pp. 11-20, Dec. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2013.31.1.11
- Y. R. Kim, H. B. Chae, J. W. Kim, "Welding Heat Source Modeling for Heat Flow Analysis of GTA Overlay Welding," Journal of he Korean Welding and Joining Society, 31, 4, pp. 62-66, Jul. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2013.31.4.62 https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2013.31.4.62
- Y. Bhambri, V. K. Sikka, L. R. Walker, M. L. Santella, G. Muralidharan, J. W. Hales, "Al Enrichment of Carbon Steels through Weld Overlay Process for Improved Oxidation Resistance," Materials Science and Engineering A, 394, 1-2, pp. 249-255, Mar. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2004.11.024 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2004.11.024
- National Standard, Premium Welding Wire Technical Bulletin-Wire Cast & Helix, National Standard, 2014, Available From: http://www.nationalstandard.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/NS-Catalog-Wire-Cast-and-Helix.pdf. (accessed May, 2016)
- Korea Testing & Research Institute report.