- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effectiveness Analysis of BIM-based Architectural Facility Management Scenario
BIM 기반 건축 시설물 유지관리 시나리오 효과 분석
- Kang, Tae-Wook (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Ji-Eun (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Choi, Hyun-Sang (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2016.07.11
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Recently, according to a public order with BIM regulations, various technologies of facility management (FM) have been studied to use BIM data effectively. The technology for BIM-based FM, such as BIM data standard, BIM modeling, BIM server, and BIM-GIS platform, reverse engineering based on 3D image scans is developing constantly. On the other hand, there has been little research on the range of FM based on BIM, the role of actors by management works, the difference, and difference in effects between original FM and BIM-based FM. This study examined the scenario of architectural FM based on BIM and confirmed the effect. For this, after analyzing the research trends, the range of FM applications and the role of actors by management works were defined, and the effectiveness analysis of a BIM-based architectural FM scenario was deduced.
Grant : BIM/GIS 플랫폼기반 건설공간정보 통합운영기술 개발
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원
- James Sinopoli, Smart building systems for architects, owners, and builders, CIR, 2014.
- IFMA, IFMA Foundation, BIM for facility managers, CIR, 2014.
- J. E. Kim, H. S. Choi and T. W. Kang, "Derivation of System Requirements and Implementation of System Framework for BIM-based Urban Facility Maintenance System," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 397-406, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.04.397
- T. W. Kang, J. H. Yoon, J. W. Kim and H. S. Choi, "A Study on BIM-based Reference Model for Effective Urban Facility Management," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1786-1794, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1786 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1786
- J. H. Park, S. H. Yoon and J. H. Baik, "Preliminary Study of BIM based High-Rise Mixed-use Building Maintenance Management System," Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 35-42, 2009.
- S. Jo, Y. Jo, W. H. Park, S. H. Yoon and J. H. Baik, "A Study on the Maintenance and Management System Using BIM in Whole Phases of Public Project," Proceeding of conference on Architectural Institute of Korea, Col.28, no. 1, pp. 697-700, 2008.
- Y. H. Go and J. H. Ok, "Study on the Development of Process for BIM-Based CAFM System," Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 15-23, 2010.
- M. John and S. Hans, "Building Information Modelling for FM using IFC," CRC Construction Innovation, http://eprints.qut.edu.au/27188, 2006.
- J. H. Lee, "Analysis of level of detail in building information models for SOC facility maintenance," Master thesis, HanYang University, 2012.
- J. H. Kim, S. G. Ji, T. H. Jung and J. W. Seo, "A Feasibility Study to Adopt BIM-based Infrastructure Management System," Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 285-292, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.1.0285 https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.1.0285
- S. G. Ji, J. W. Kim and J. W. Seo, "A Study on Standardization Guidelines for BIM-based Maintenance and Management of Civil Infrastructures," The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 153-161, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2013.17.6.153
- J. T. Han, K. H. Park, Y. C. Chung and S. Y. Chin, "A basis study on a BIM information classification system of PBS-based for facility maintenance," Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 11, pp. 253-257, 2014.
- M. H. Kwon, S. J. Kim, "A Study on the Classification of Management of Multi-Family Housing," Journal of the Korean Hosting Association, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 11-20, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6107/JKHA.2013.24.1.011
- S. Lee, J. Choi and W. Yeo, "Impacts of Smart Home Technologies on Housing Management Practices". Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 21-28, 2009.
- H. Park, S. Kim and S. Che, "A Study on Classification of the Management Works in the Apartment House," Journal of Korean Home Economics Association, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 125-134, 1998.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, "Cost Analysis of Inadequate Interoperability in U.S. Capital Facilities Industry," 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.6028/NIST.GCR.04-867