- Volume 17 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Train interval control and train-centric distributed interlocking algorithm for autonomous train driving control system
열차자율주행제어시스템을 위한 간격제어와 차상중심 분산형 연동 알고리즘
- Oh, Sehchan (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Kyunghee (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hyeonyeong (Signalling & Communication Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.09.30
- Accepted : 2016.11.10
- Published : 2016.11.30
Train control systems have changed from wayside electricity-centric to onboard communications-centric. The latest train control system, the CBTC system, has high efficiency for interval control based on two-way radio communications between the onboard and wayside systems. However, since the wayside system is the center of control, the number of input trains to allow a wayside system is limited, and due to the cyclic-path control flows between onboard and wayside systems, headway improvement is limited. In this paper, we propose a train interval-control and train-centric distributed interlocking algorithm for an autonomous train-driving control system. Because an autonomous train-driving control system performs interval and branch control onboard, both tracks and switches are shared resources as well as semaphore elements. The proposed autonomous train-driving control performs train interval control via direct communication between trains or between trains and track-side apparatus, instead of relying on control commands from ground control systems. The proposed interlocking algorithm newly defines the semaphore scheme using a unique key for the shared resource, and a switch that is not accessed at the same time by the interlocking system within each train. The simulated results show the proposed autonomous train-driving control system improves interval control performance, and safe train control is possible with a simplified interlocking algorithm by comparing the proposed train-centric distributed interlocking algorithm and various types of interlock logic performed in existing interlocking systems.
Train-centric;Autonomous train driving control;Improved interval control;Distributed interlocking;Shared resource;Semaphore
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Oh, Sehchan, et al., "Design of ATP functions and communication interface specifications for Korean Radio-based Train Control System," Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2013 13th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/iccas.2013.6704161
- IEEE Std. 1474.1, IEEE Standard for Communication-Based Train Control(CBTC) Performance and Functional Requirements, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEEESTD.1999.90611
- IEEE Std. 1474.3, IEEE Recommended Practice for Communication-Based Train Control(CBTC) System Design and Functional Allocations, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEEESTD.2008.4618623
- Oh, Sehchan, Kyunghee Kim, and Minsoo Kim. "Preprocessing-based speed profile calculation algorithm for radio-based train control," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 6274-6281, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6274 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6274
- Oh, Sehchan, Yongki Yoon, and Jonghyen Baek. "Development of Wireless Communication based Train Separation Control Simulator," Conference of Korean Society for Railway, 2011.
- Oh, Sehchan, et al. "Headway Calculation and Train Control Algorithm for Performance Improvement in Radio based Train Control System," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 6949-6958, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6949 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6949
- Parkinson, Tom, and Ian Fisher. Rail transit capacity. Vol. 13, Transportation Research Board, 1996.
- Oh, Sehchan, et al. "ATP functional allocation for Korean radio based train control system," Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2012 12th International Conference on IEEE, 2012.
- Ryou, Sungkyun, et al. "A Study on Interface between Switch Machine and Axle Counter and Switch Locking for Operation of Driverless Train Safety Protection in Shinbundang Line," Conference of Korean Society for Railway, 2013.
- Seungho Chang, et al., "Automation Program for Drawing and Examination of Locking Sheet," Conference of Korean Society for Railway, 2008.
- Kim Hyunghoon, Yang Chanseok, Cho Yonggee, "A Study on the Mixed Usage of Logical Block and Moving Block in CBTC System," Conference of Korean Society for Railway, 2011.
- Chen, Rong-wu, and Jin Guo. "Development of the new CBTC system simulation and performance analysis," 12th International Conference on Computer System Design and Operation in Railways and Other Transit Systems, 2010.
- HE, Chengcai, and Tao YANG, "Comparison of Headways in Moving Block and Fallback Modes for CBTC System," Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University 3, 014, 2012.
- Dongsheng, Liang, and Xu Yi, "Analysis of Train Minimum Headway and Realization of Simulation Algorithm under CBTC Train Control Mode [J]," Modern Urban Transit 4, 002, 2011.