- Volume 28 Issue 6
The wear behavior for the two types of composites, those are epoxy matrix composites filled with silica particles and aluminium matrix composites filled with SiC particles, were compared to investigate the wear mechanism for these composites. Especially, the effect of the volume fraction for the epoxy matrix composites and the particle size for the aluminium matrix composites according to the apply load and sliding velocity were investigated. Wear tests of the pin-on-disc mode were carried out and followed by scanning electron microscope observations for the worn surface. The addition of the fillers in the composites were improved the wear resistance significantly and changed the wear mechanism for the both composites. These results were identified by the observation of the worn surface after testing.
Supported by : 경상대학교
- Chang L. Zhang Z. Breidt C. and Friedrich K.(2005). Tribological properties of epoxy nanocomposites I. Enhancement of the wear resistance by nano-TiO2 particles, Wear, Vol. 258, 141-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2004.09.005
- Dasari A. Yu Z. Z. and Mai Y. W.(2009). Fundamental aspects and recent progress on wear/scratch damage in polymer nanocomposites, Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 63, 31-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mser.2008.10.001
- Dasari A. Yu Z. Z. Mai Y. W. Hu G. H. and Valet J.(2005). Clay exfoliation and organic modification on wear of nylon 6 nanocomposites processed by different routes, Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 65, 2314-2328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2005.06.017
- Kim J. D. Koh S. W. and Jeong H. Y.(2000). Fabrication and Characteristics of Al2O3p/AC8A Composites by Pressureless Infiltration Process, KSCM, 13(6), 1-8.
- Li C. Zhang Z. Lin Ye and Friedrich K.(2007). Tribological properties of epoxy nanocomposites III. Characteristics of transfer films, Wear, Vol. 262, 699-706. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2006.08.002
- Ravi B. N. Suresha B. and Venkataramareddy M.(2009). Effect of particulate fillers on mechanical and abrasive wear behaviour of polyamide 66/polypropylene nanocomposites, Materials and Design, Vol. 30, 3852-3858. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2009.01.034
- Wang G. T. Liu H. Y. Sainter N. and Mai Y. W.(2009). Cyclic fatigue of polymer nanocomposites, Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 16, 2635-2645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2009.04.022
- Yu S. Yu Z. and Mai Y. W.(2007). Effects of SEBS-g-MA on tribological behaviour of nylon 66/organoclay nanocomposites, Tribology International, Vol. 40, 855-862. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2006.09.001
- Zhang, Z. F. Zhang, L. C. and Mai, Y. W.(1995). Particle effects on friction and wear of aluminium matrix composites, J. of Mat. Sci., Vol. 30, 5999-6004. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01151519
- Zhang, Z. F. Zhang. L. C. and MAI, Y. W.(1995). Wear of ceramic particle-reinforced metal-matrix. part 1 Wear mechanism, J. of Mat. Sci., Vol 30, 1961-1966. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00353018
- A Study on the Abrasio-Resistant Properties of the Poly-DCPD type Epoxy Resin vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.06.30.3.982