- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Simulation of Prestressed Steel Fiber Concrete Beams Subjected to Shear
- Lu, Liang (Research Institute of Structural Engineering and Disaster Reduction, Tongji University) ;
- Tadepalli, P.R. (American Global Maritime) ;
- Mo, Y.L. (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Houston) ;
- Hsu, T.T.C. (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Houston)
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2016.05.22
- Published : 2016.09.30
This paper developed an analytical software, called Simulation of Concrete Structures (SCS), which is used for numerical analysis of shear-critical prestressed steel fiber concrete structures. Based on the previous research at the University of Houston (UH), SCS has been derived from an object-oriented software framework called Open System for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (OpenSees). OpenSees was originally developed at the University of California, Berkeley. New module has been created for steel fiber concrete under prestress based on the constitutive relationships of this material developed at UH. This new material module has been integrated with the existing material modules in OpenSees. SCS thus developed has been used for predicting the behavior of the prestressed steel fiber concrete I-beams and Box-beams tested earlier in this research. The analysis could well predict the entire behavior of the beams including the elastic stiffness, yield point, post-yield stiffness, and maximum load for both web shear and flexure shear failure modes.
Supported by : Tongji University, National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Dhakal, R. P., & Maekawa, K. (2002). Path-dependent cyclic stress-strain relationship of reinforcing bar including buckling. Engineering Structures, 24(11), 1383-1396. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(02)00080-9
- Fenves, G. L. (2015). Annual workshop on open system for earthquake engineering simulation, Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Centre, UC Berkeley, [EB/OL]. http://opensees.berkeley.edu.
- Hoffman, N. (2010). Constitutive relationships of prestressed steel fiber concrete membrane elements. PhD Dissertation, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Houston, TX, USA.
- Laskar, A. (2009). Shear behaviour and design of prestressed concrete members. PhD Dissertation, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Houston, TX.
- Laskar, A., Lu, L., Qin, F., et al. (2014). Constitutive models of concrete structures subjected to seismic shear. Earthquakes and Structures, 7(5), 627-645. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.7.5.627
- Pang, X. B., & Hsu, T. T. C. (1996). Fixed angle softened truss model for reinforced concrete. ACI Structural Journal, 93(2), 197-207.
- Park, R., Priestley, M. J., & Gill, W. D. (1982). Ductility of square-confined concrete columns. Journal of the Structure Division, ASCE, 108(ST4), 929-950.
- Tadepalli, P. R., Dhonde, H. B., Mo, Y. L., & Hsu, T. T. C. (2014). Shear behaviour of prestressed steel fibre concrete box-beams. Magazine of Concrete Research, 66(2), 90-105. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.13.00101
- Tadepalli, P. R., Dhonde, H. B., Mo, Y. L., & Hsu, T. T. C. (2015). Shear Strength of Prestressed Steel Fiber Concrete I-Beams. International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, 9(3), 267-281. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40069-015-0109-4
- Zhu, R. R. H., & Hsu, T. T. C. (2002). Poisson effect in reinforced concrete membrane elements. ACI Structural Journal, 99(5), 631-640.
- Zhu, R. R. H., Hsu, T. T. C., & Lee, J. Y. (2001). Rational shear modulus for smeared-crack analysis of reinforced concrete. ACI Structural Journal, 98(4), 443-450.