- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Adsorption Performance of Ammonia and Formaldehyde Gas Using Adsorbents Prepared from Water Treatment Sludge and Impregnated Activated Carbon
정수슬러지 유래 흡착제와 첨착활성탄의 암모니아 및 포름알데히드 기체 흡착 성능 비교
- Lee, Choul Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Nayoung (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Goun (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Jeon, Jong-Ki (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2015.11.23
- Accepted : 2015.11.28
- Published : 2016.02.10
In this study, a pellet-type adsorbent was prepared by using the water-treatment sludge as a raw material, and its physical and chemical properties were analyzed through
Supported by : 공주대학교
K. C. Kang, Y. H. Kim, J. M. Kim, C. H. Lee, and S. W. Rhee, Synthesis of
$AlPO_4$-type mesoporous materials using alum sludge, Appl. Chem. Eng., 22, 173-177 (2011).
- I. H. Kim, Study on the using water purifying AlPO4-based zeolite synthesis and ammonia removal, PhD Dissertation, Chonbuk National University, Chonbuk, Korea (2007).
- J. M. Kim, M. K. Kim, J. M. Lee, C. H. Lee, S. W. Lee, D. J. Choi, and J. M. La, Method of manufacturing a building material composition eco-friendly, Korea Patent 10-1041094 (2011).
- G. R. Xu, Z. C. Yan, Y. C. Wang, and N. Wang, Recycle of alum recovered from water treatment sludge in chemically enhanced primary treatment, J. Hazard. Mater., 161, 663-669 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.04.008
- M. Seredych, C. Strydom, and T. J. Bandosz, Effect of fly ash addition on the removal of hydrogen sulfide from biogas and air on sewage sludge-based composite adsorbents, Waste Manage., 28, 1983-1992 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2007.08.020
- J. Y. Lee, S. H. Park, J. K. Jeon, K. S. Yoo, S. S. Kim, and Y. K. Park, The removal of low concentration formaldehyde over sewage sludge char treated using various methods, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 28, 1556-1560 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-011-0007-7
- Z. H. Pan, J. Y. Tian, G. R. Xu, J. J. Li, and G. B. Li, Characteristics of adsorbents made from biological, chemical and hybrid sludges and their effect on organics removal in wastewater treatment, Water Res., 45, 819-827 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2010.09.008
- W. Yuan and T. J. Bandosz, Removal of hydrogen sulfide from biogas on sludge-derived adsorbents, Fuel, 86, 2736-2746 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2007.03.012
- G. R. Xu, W. T. Zhang, and G. B. Li, Adsorbent obtained from CEPT sludge in wastewater chemically enhanced treatment, Water Res., 39, 5175-5185 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2005.09.043
- N. Park, J. Bae, C. H. Lee, and J. K. Jeon, Extrusion of pellet-type adsorbents employed with alum sludge and H2S removal performance, Clean Technol., 19, 121-127 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7464/ksct.2013.19.2.121
- J. Bae, N. Park, C. H. Lee, Y. K. Park, and J. K. Jeon, Adsorption performance of basic gas over pellet-type adsorbents prepared from water treatment sludge, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 51, 352-357 (2013). https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2013.51.3.352
- J. Bae, N. Park, G. Kim, C. H. Lee, Y. K. Park, and J. K. Jeon, Characteristics of pellet-type adsorbents prepared from water treatment sludge and their effect on trimethylamine removal, Korean. J. Chem. Eng., 31, 624-629 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-013-0272-8
- N, Park, J. Bae, G. Kim, J. K. Jeon, Y. K. Park, and C. H. Lee, Synthesis of nanoporous adsorbents using alum sludge, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 15, 5321-5325 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10411
- T. J. Bandosz, On the adsorption/oxidation of hydrogen sulfide on unmodified activated carbon at temperatures near ambient, J. Colloids. Interf. Sci., 246, 1-20 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.2001.7952
- F. Adib, A. Bagreev, and T. J. Bandosz, Adsorption/oxidation of hydrogen sulfide on nitrogen modified activated carbons, Langmuir, 16, 1980-1986 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/la990926o
- A. Bagreev and T. J. Bandosz, A role of sodium hydroxide in the process of hydrogen sulfide adsorption/oxidation on caustic-impregnated activated carbons, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 41, 672-679 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie010599r
- L. M. Le Leuch, A. Subrenat, and P. Le Cloirec, Hydrogen sulfide and ammonia removal on activated carbon fiber cloth-supported metal oxides, Environ. Technol., 26, 1243-1254 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1080/09593332608618594
- M. Polovina, B. Kaluderovic, and B. Babic, Ammonia adsorption on chemically modified activated carbon cloth, J. Serb. Chem. Soc., 63, 653-659 (1998).
- J. Rouquerol, D. Avnir, C. W. Fairbridge, D. H. Everet, J. H. Haynes, N. Pernicone, J. Ramsay, K. S. Sing, and K. K. Unger, Recommendations for the characterization of porous solids. Pure Appl. Chem., 66, 1739-1758 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1351/pac199466081739
G. Liu, Z. Mi, L. Wang, and X. Zhang, Kinetics of dicyclopentadiene hydrogenation over
$Pd/Al_2O_3$catalyst, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res, 44, 3846-3851 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie0487437
- S. Lee, J. Kim, C. Y. Yun, and J. Yi, Adsorption characteristics of the sericite and diatomite for ammonia gas, Clean Technology, 12, 175-181 (2006).
- S. Tanada, N. Kawasaki, T. Nakamura, M. Araki, and M. Isomura, Removal of formaldehyde by activated carbons containing amino groups, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 214, 106-108 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.1999.6176
- C. Ma, X. Li, and T. Zhu, In situ growth of a carbon interphase between carbon fibres and a polycarbosiland-derived silicon carbide matrix, Carbon, 49, 2869-2872 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2011.02.056