- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Surface Modification of Flake-Shaped Inorganic Mica and Their Cool Paint Performances
판상형 무기소재인 Mica의 표면개질 및 차열페인트의 특성 평가
- Park, Jeong Min (Eco Composite Materials Team, Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Kim, Hee Jung (Eco Composite Materials Team, Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology) ;
- Yoo, Jung Whan (Eco Composite Materials Team, Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology)
- Received : 2015.09.25
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2016.02.10
In this study, the mica used as a thermal-insulation material was modified with a silane coupling agent, octyltriethoxysilane (OTES), to improve its hydrophobicity. The modified mica was characterized using FT-IR spectrometer, water wettability test, and water contact angle measurement. The analysis exhibits that OTES for the modified mica sample was well bonded chemically and drastically enhanced the hydrophobicity. The reflectance observed as 73.9% (mica) and 86.4% (OTES/mica), respectively, for OTES/mica was improved about 12.5% before any modifications. Also the modified mica sample showed
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원
- J. Chaiyosburana, W. Rakwichiana, N. Ketjoy, and P. Intanon, Energy savings by using insulating microspheres ceramic paint, Int. J. Renew. Energy, 3(1), 53-62 (2008).
- W. Guo, X. Qiao, Y. Huang, M. Fang, and X. Han, Study on energy saving effect of heat-reflective insulation coating on envelopes in the hot summer and cold winter zone, Energy Build., 50, 196-203 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.03.035
- A. Synnefa, A. Dandou, M. Santamouris, and M. Tombrou, Cool colored coatings for passive cooling of cities, International Workshop on Energy Performance and Environmental Quality of Buildings, July, Milos Island, Greece (2006).
- Z. Zhang, K. Wang, B. Mo, X. Li, and X. Cui, Preparation and characterization of a reflective and heat insulative coating based on geopolymers, Energy Build., 87, 220-225 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2014.11.028
- A. Synnefa, T. Karlessi, N. Gaitani, M. Santamouris, D. N. Assimakopoulos, and C. Papakatsikas, On the optical and thermal performance of cool colored thin layer asphalt used to improve urban microclimate and reduce the energy consumption of buildings, Build. Environ., 46(1), 38-44 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2010.06.014
- W. C. Wan, W. N. Hien, T. P. Ping, and A. Z. W. Aloysius, A study on the effectiveness of heat mitigating pavement coatings in Singapore, J. Heat Isl. Inst. Int., 7(2), 238-247 (2012).
- J. W. Yoo, S. H. Lee, O. H. Jung, H. S. Lee, G. C. Park, and J. I. Han, Thermo shield paint composition, Korean Patent, 10-1123151 (2012).
- D. C. Ki, Thermally insulating and water-soluble paint composition and method of manufacturing coating layer using the same, Korean Patent, 10-1167108 (2012).
- Z. Fereshteh, M. R. Loghman-Estarki, R. S. Razavi, and M. Taheran, Template synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles entrapped in the zeolite Y matrix and applying them for thermal control paint, Mater. Sci. Semicon. Proc., 16(2), 547-553 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mssp.2012.08.005
- P. Jeevanandam, R. S. Mulukutla, M. Phillips, S. Chaudhuri, L. E. Erickson, and K. J. Klabunde, Near infrared reflectance properties of metal oxide nanoparticles, J. Phys. Chem. C, 111(5), 1912-1918 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp066363o
- S. G. Park, Adiabatic coating paint, Korean Patent, 10-0440804 (2004).
- A. Synnefa, M. Santamouris, and K. Apostolakis, On the development, optical properties and thermal performance of cool colored coatings for the urban environment, Sol. Energy, 81(4), 488-497 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2006.08.005
- K. L. Uemoto, N. M. N. Sato, and V. M. John, Estimating thermal performance of cool colored paints, Energy Build., 42, 17-22 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2009.07.026