- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of Pretreatment Process of Lead Frame Etching Wastes Using Reduction-Oxidation Method
환원-산화법을 이용한 리드프레임 에칭폐액의 정제과정 설계
- Lee, Seung Bum (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Jeon, Gil Song (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Jung, Rae Yoon (R&D Center, SeoAn ChemTech Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hong, In Kwon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2015.08.11
- Accepted : 2016.01.09
- Published : 2016.02.10
When copper alloy is used in etching process for the production of lead frame, the high concentration of heavy metals, such as iron, nickel and zinc may be included in the etching waste. Those etching waste is classified as a specified one. Therefore a customized design was designed for the purification process of the lead frame etching waste liquid containing high concentrations of heavy metals for the production of an electroplating copper(II) oxide. Since the lead frame etching waste solution contains highly concentrated heavy metal species, an ion exchange method is difficult to remove all heavy metals. In this study, a copper(I) chloride was manufactured by using water solubility difference related to the reduction-oxidation method followed by the reunion of copper(II) chloride using sodium sulfate as an oxidant. The hydrazine was chosen as a reducing agent. The optimum added amount was 1.4 mol per 1.0 mol of copper. In the case of removal of heavy metals by using the combination of reduction-oxidation and ion exchange resin methods, 4.3 ppm of
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Y. J. Sim and E. Y. Kim, Present condition on the recycling and management for waste acids, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 48(3), 300-303 (2010).
- M. Toyonage, Etching technology for printed wiring boards and regeneration of etching solution, Jpn. Pract. Surf. Technol., 29(12), 561-570 (1982).
- D. Pletcher and F. C. Walsh, Industrial Electrochemistry, 2nd ed., 468-477, Chapman & Hall, New York (1990).
H. Lee, E. Ahn, C. Park, and Y. Tak, Regeneration of waste ferric chloride etchant using HCl and
$H_2O_2$, Appl. Chem. Eng., 24(1), 67-71 (2013).
- D. M. Allen, The Principle and Practices of Photochemical Machining and Photoetching, Adam Hilger Publication, New York (1986).
- O. Cakir, Copper etching with cupric chloride and regeneration of waste etchant, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 175, 63-68 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.04.024
- W. C. Bosshart, Printed Circuit Boards - Design and Technology, McGraw-Hill, New York (1983).
- H. C. Jeong, G. M. Choi, and D. J. Kim, The prediction of etching characteristics using spray characteristics in etching process of lead-frame, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., 30(4), 381-388 (2006). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2006.30.4.381
- R, H. Perry and D. W. Green, Perry's Chemical Engineers Handbook, 7th ed., McGraw-Hill, New York (1996).
- H. W. Richardson, Handbook of Copper Compounds and Applications, Marcel-Dekker, New York (1997).
- J. H. Yoon, H. W. Kwon, Y. T. Yu, R. G. Kim, and G. S. Kim, Synthesis of uniform Cu particles from copper chloride solution, Korean J. Mater. Res., 15(4), 263-270 (2005). https://doi.org/10.3740/MRSK.2005.15.4.263
- Y. D. Kim, K. C. Song, and J. H. Song, Preparation of copper fine particles from waste copper by chemical reduction method, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 45(6), 560-565 (2007).
- Y. T. Yu and Y. Y. Choi, Synthesis of uniform Cu particles by hydrazine reduction from copper sulfate solution, Korean J. Mater. Res., 13(8), 524-530 (2003). https://doi.org/10.3740/MRSK.2003.13.8.524
- N. I. Park, W. S. Park, S. B. Lee, S. M. Lee, and D. W. Chung, Comparative studies on three kinds of reductants applicable for the reduction of graphene oxide, Appl. Chem. Eng., 26(1), 99-103 (2015). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2014.1127
N. H. Jang, S. K. Park, H. M. Shim, and H. T. Kim, Comparison of pretreatment method for the enhancement of
$CO_2$mineralized sequestration using by serpentine, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21(1), 24-28 (2010).
- J. B. Lee, D. W. Kim, and C. Y. Lee, Deactivation of SCR catalysts applied in power plants, Appl. Chem. Eng., 21(1), 104-110 (2010).
- B. J. Kim, M. K. Seo, K. E. Choi, and S. J. Park, Electrochemical behaviors of Pt-Ru catalysts on the surface treated mesoporous carbon supports for direct methanol fuel cells, Appl. Chem. Eng., 22(2), 167-172 (2011).